• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who laid out the welcome mat for the Taliban?

Who laid out the Afghani welcome mat for the Taliban?

• Biden

• Trump

• This question cuts to close to the truth

• I really don't like you, Ren

Results are only viewable after voting.
The Talibs did not honor either the letter or the spirit of the Doha agreement.

Trump didn't care. He wanted that "peace" agreement for his 2020 reelection campaign.
There's plenty of political posturing surrounding this debacle. What is needed right now is a leader willing to address the situation on the ground as it exists. It clearly isn't Biden.

Who said anything about illegal immigration. Face it, you would not want a LEGAL Afghan refuge family right off the boat living next door to you. You just dont have the guts to admit it.

Now you are questioning MY morality? Says the guy who willingly voted for a self admitted sexual predator to be in the White House.
Wrong thread, td.

This isn't about me, it's about who laid the carpet out for the Taliban. Stay on topic, or simply shut up and read.

Who said anything about illegal immigration. Face it, you would not want a LEGAL Afghan refuge family right off the boat living next door to you. You just dont have the guts to admit it.

Now you are questioning MY morality? Says the guy who willingly voted for a self admitted sexual predator to be in the White House.
On topic, td.

I got chewed for not staying on topic, so now I get to redirect you. ;)

You aren't actually suggesting that it was a good deal are you?
I'm suggesting that it wouldn't have ended the way it did had Trump still been President. It would've been a lot more organized and responsible.

Bush/Obama/Trump/Biden

Nobody is clean in this one.
Agreed for the most part.

We know that Bush started it, Obama avoided it, Trump tried to do something about it but ran out of time, and Biden ripped the band-aid off and pointed his finger at Trump.

Hasn't anyone seen Pompeo standing next to who is now, the president of the Taliban and former Afghanistan? He was negotiating trump's "great" transition deal. Great peace deal you negotiated there, trumpie!
But so much more appropriately, "Great execution, creepy ass Uncle Joe!".

Only people in Trump land can seriously believe that the Taliban chose to do something they did not have to do and were not asked to do (endorse Trump) because of fear.
No, Biden is weak and lying under the welcome mat.

Any hopes (tenuous as they were) the Taliban had pinned on Trump, were quickly replaced by utter rapture when Biden curled his tail and ran.

You think Biden will ever go back there and start kicking ass? Nope.

In the meantime, I'm sure ol' Uncle Joe will be sending out some strongly worded missives to let the Taliban know that he doesn't think they are being very nice.

This is the correct answer.

Joe being the cleanest of the lot.
In your dreams.

Joe is the biggest fool in all of politics. He needs to step down and report to the nearest rest home.

On topic, td.

I got chewed for not staying on topic, so now I get to redirect you. ;)
Let's get this straight. Someone like you doesnt get to tell me anything.

You're doing badly here.
You literally said Biden removed all the troops. That is a flat out lie. I mean one can turn on the TV and see from camera footage there are still US troops in Afghanistan. Who are you trying to fool here? Blind people?

Nope. When you treat people like adorable morons then it's too difficult to hold them accountable for their actions.

Biden should've did the right thing from the beginning, which was to commit to training these people to function completely on their own and then hardline on a specific departure date.

But what did the flake do instead? Why he tucked his tail and ripped the band-aid off like a good little hate-filled leftist.
That hasn't worked for 20 years, why would it work now?

You literally said Biden removed all the troops. That is a flat out lie. I mean one can turn on the TV and see from camera footage there are still US troops in Afghanistan. Who are you trying to fool here? Blind people?
You'd have to actually follow real events on the ground to know what has transpired. Clearly you haven't. I suggest that hopefully saving lives is more deserving of attention than desperately trying to save face for Biden. He took himself out.

That hasn't worked for 20 years, why would it work now?
Exactly. Let's face it. Evidently there aren't enough people in Afghanistan that care about defending their own country. I mean that's at least the way it appears.

Exactly. Let's face it. Evidently there aren't enough people in Afghanistan that care about defending their own country. I mean that's at least the way it appears.
I guess the Afghan soldiers couldn't figure out (until just recently) who was more of a threat to them - the corrupt officers above them (leading to the top) or the advancing Taliban who they knew would kill them if they opposed the Taliban with deadly force.
They made their choice quickly and many are alive now to tell about it.
In that $h!thole country there is no shame in discarding your uniform and weapons and then putting on civilian close to welcome the Taliban into your city. Hundreds of thousands of soldiers did it and are alive today.
Just ask the cowardly president of that country who ran off to Qatar or UAE or wherever.

I guess the Afghan soldiers couldn't figure out (until just recently) who was more of a threat to them - the corrupt officers above them (leading to the top) or the advancing Taliban who they knew would kill them if they opposed the Taliban with deadly force.
They made their choice quickly and many are alive now to tell about it.
In that $h!thole country there is no shame in discarding your uniform and weapons and then putting on civilian close to welcome the Taliban into your city. Hundreds of thousands of soldiers did it and are alive today.
Just ask the cowardly president of that country who ran off to Qatar or UAE or wherever.
Yes, I should know the difference between 'close' and 'clothes'.

But so much more appropriately, "Great execution, creepy ass Uncle Joe!".
Would have been 100x worse under your precocious, "fat donnie" administration. You have fun throwing darts at Democrats. It's impossible to defend your MAGA party so it's all you can do.

Pathetic, but not surprising.

I'm suggesting that it wouldn't have ended the way it did had Trump still been President. It would've been a lot more organized and responsible.
Total BS.

The "deal" was a shit show. It was Trumps deal.

In your dreams.

Joe is the biggest fool in all of politics. He needs to step down and report to the nearest rest home.
Very mature post, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom