• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who Knows How Many Firearms You Have?

CalGun

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Nobody!

And I mean nobody! Not my dear wife. She asked some time back. I had done some gun bartering and got two for one and she inquired "how many" do you really have? For her I produced a list. It is a complete list, but complete in that I have several desired yet unowned firearms on the list so when I can afford them and buy them I can go see....here it is.

Not my lawyer, and even though I recently taught him to shoot and armed him with an LC9 for his CCW.

Not my brother who probably has more than me just because he is rich and always needs new things.

And certainly NOT obummer, NSA, BATF etc etc....sorry super snoopers but even you'll never know!

What firearms?

Μολὼν λαβέ;1062141251 said:
What firearms?

No kidding!

I lost all of mine in that terrible boating accident several years ago.....

No one knows for sure.
That said, the government knows what new guns I have bought over the last few years due to the background checks.
You REALLY think they destroy that information every 72 hours or whatever they say they do? I call Bee Ess on that.

No one knows for sure.
That said, the government knows what new guns I have bought over the last few years due to the background checks.
You REALLY think they destroy that information every 72 hours or whatever they say they do? I call Bee Ess on that.

The FFL dealer keeps that information, not the government. When you purchase a firearm the phone call made to conduct a background check only affirms you are buying either a long gun or hand gun. The actual paper work is kept by the FFL dealer you purchased the gun from.

However, when the BATF audits the FFL dealer they have access to the information on the form at that time. From my understanding, its illegal for the BATFE or any other government agency to retain those records.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1062141386 said:
The FFL dealer keeps that information, not the government. When you purchase a firearm the phone call made to conduct a background check only affirms you are buying either a long gun or hand gun. The actual paper work is kept by the FFL dealer you purchased the gun from.

However, when the BATF audits the FFL dealer they have access to the information on the form at that time. From my understanding, its illegal for the BATFE or any other government agency to retain those records.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
You may be absolutely correct. That may be the "law". But do you think that stops the g from keeping it. Its just a law you know. LOL

You may be absolutely correct. That may be the "law". But do you think that stops the g from keeping it. Its just a law you know. LOL

Are you implying the Justice Department knowingly breaks the law?

shocked_face.jpg

Nobody!

And I mean nobody! Not my dear wife. She asked some time back. I had done some gun bartering and got two for one and she inquired "how many" do you really have? For her I produced a list. It is a complete list, but complete in that I have several desired yet unowned firearms on the list so when I can afford them and buy them I can go see....here it is. Not my lawyer, and even though I recently taught him to shoot and armed him with an LC9 for his CCW. Not my brother who probably has more than me just because he is rich and always needs new things. And certainly NOT obummer, NSA, BATF etc etc....sorry super snoopers but even you'll never know!

This reminds me of that scene from 'Pale Rider', that Clint Eastwood take off of the classic movie 'Shane', where a drunk little Irish gold panner stands in the middle of the street a bottle of whiskey in one hand and his big nugget in the other taunting the big miner baron. :)

Just a little genitalia waving in the general direction of 'da man'.... :roll:

There are some in here who due to a super ego and poor upbringing brag about their many purchases- but for most of us, we were raised better and like number of lovers that is a number to be kept with the utmost discretion.

Now my wife knows how many, where they are, what ready condition they are in and even though she doesn't care for some of them she sure can use them in a most effective and timely manner. I never saw the point of having a dozen 1/2" box wrenches so a multitude of weapons doesn't float my boat. I have what I use. She uses what I have.

We make a fairly decent team that way... :peace

Nobody!

And I mean nobody! Not my dear wife. She asked some time back. I had done some gun bartering and got two for one and she inquired "how many" do you really have? For her I produced a list. It is a complete list, but complete in that I have several desired yet unowned firearms on the list so when I can afford them and buy them I can go see....here it is.

Not my lawyer, and even though I recently taught him to shoot and armed him with an LC9 for his CCW.

Not my brother who probably has more than me just because he is rich and always needs new things.

And certainly NOT obummer, NSA, BATF etc etc....sorry super snoopers but even you'll never know!

Look at me I'm an attention whore.

This reminds me of that scene from 'Pale Rider', that Clint Eastwood take off of the classic movie 'Shane', where a drunk little Irish gold panner stands in the middle of the street a bottle of whiskey in one hand and his big nugget in the other taunting the big miner baron. :)

Just a little genitalia waving in the general direction of 'da man'.... :roll:

There are some in here who due to a super ego and poor upbringing brag about their many purchases- but for most of us, we were raised better and like number of lovers that is a number to be kept with the utmost discretion.

Now my wife knows how many, where they are, what ready condition they are in and even though she doesn't care for some of them she sure can use them in a most effective and timely manner. I never saw the point of having a dozen 1/2" box wrenches so a multitude of weapons doesn't float my boat. I have what I use. She uses what I have.

We make a fairly decent team that way... :peace
Gee, thats great for you and your wife. But not everyone is married to a woman just like your wife. Mine for sure could care less if I had one, or 25. Or none. So she is not kept abreast of any current inventory.
I have at least half a dozen 1/2" box end wrenches, but I was also a professional mechanic for a long while.
And I have guns, that I may never fire. But I like them, so I bought them. Sometimes its just pride of ownership type thing.
But being judgmental about why anyone owns however many guns as they do shows some immaturity on your part. I also like and own fast cars and lifted trucks. Why? Because I like them. Not over compensating for anything. I like them. I like working on them. I like racing my cars and mudding my trucks. But I guess you have an issue with that too.

Gee, thats great for you and your wife. But not everyone is married to a woman just like your wife. Mine for sure could care less if I had one, or 25. Or none. So she is not kept abreast of any current inventory.
I have at least half a dozen 1/2" box end wrenches, but I was also a professional mechanic for a long while.
And I have guns, that I may never fire. But I like them, so I bought them. Sometimes its just pride of ownership type thing.
But being judgmental about why anyone owns however many guns as they do shows some immaturity on your part. I also like and own fast cars and lifted trucks. Why? Because I like them. Not over compensating for anything. I like them. I like working on them. I like racing my cars and mudding my trucks. But I guess you have an issue with that too.

OH I KNOW I married far better than most men, you don't have to tell me what I already know!

I did some mechanicin' back as well. Worked in a few bigger shops... don't know many guys who had 6 1/2" box wrenches, a variety of 1/2" wrenches but not all box. Seems more like compensating if you know what I mean. ;)

I am not judgmental on the number they own, well not TOTALLY, I am judgmental on the need to prance around in a forum bragging about how many a year they buy, or how big a crate they have of magazines... that sort of penis waving. I am judgmental on some wonk doing a 'drunk Irishman like in Pale Rider' in here.

And laughin a bit at you for first thinking the feds know what firearms you bought due to the back round check and then the old CYOA, 'they' somehow figure it out anyways....

But I don't care if you race cars as long as it isn't on public roads- have at it! Same with mudding your truck- knock yourself out. Personally guys like you who purchase firearms and never shoot them is far better for society than letting men who would use them buy them. Out of circulation and all that.

No Sir, what I said was discretion is a wonderful thing, be it number of firearms you own or lovers you have had.

Oh and coming online to drunken dance around taunting people who could care less- the infamous alphabets and 'super snoopers'- is neither discrete or mature and should be a given to be seen as bad form.... :peace

OH I KNOW I married far better than most men, you don't have to tell me what I already know!

I did some mechanicin' back as well. Worked in a few bigger shops... don't know many guys who had 6 1/2" box wrenches, a variety of 1/2" wrenches but not all box. Seems more like compensating if you know what I mean. ;)

I am not judgmental on the number they own, well not TOTALLY, I am judgmental on the need to prance around in a forum bragging about how many a year they buy, or how big a crate they have of magazines... that sort of penis waving. I am judgmental on some wonk doing a 'drunk Irishman like in Pale Rider' in here.

And laughin a bit at you for first thinking the feds know what firearms you bought due to the back round check and then the old CYOA, 'they' somehow figure it out anyways....

But I don't care if you race cars as long as it isn't on public roads- have at it! Same with mudding your truck- knock yourself out. Personally guys like you who purchase firearms and never shoot them is far better for society than letting men who would use them buy them. Out of circulation and all that.

No Sir, what I said was discretion is a wonderful thing, be it number of firearms you own or lovers you have had.

Oh and coming online to drunken dance around taunting people who could care less- the infamous alphabets and 'super snoopers'- is neither discrete or mature and should be a given to be seen as bad form.... :peace
How very snobbish of you. Oh, and every tool I bought for work, I duplicated at home and kept many in my vehicles. Iam not going to sit around waiting for AAA every time I need a batter changed or starter replaced.
But I have yet see any one waving anything or prancing around about the number or size of their firearms collection. I shoot, and a lot. But I dont take the .500 SW out every time. Maybe once a year. Is that pecker waving?

Some folks just need to be critical and can't see a point when its thrust in front of them; point is govt doesn't know, and the only one's that would - be those you told. Ignorance is bliss but hate is just ugly - we've seen the hate come out here from the leftists that are borderline fascist in the worst way.

Some folks just need to be critical and can't see a point when its thrust in front of them; point is govt doesn't know, and the only one's that would - be those you told. Ignorance is bliss but hate is just ugly - we've seen the hate come out here from the leftists that are borderline fascist in the worst way.

Well, I have seen the blank disinterested look in my wifes eyes when I show her a new gun. Kind of like when she shows me new shoes.

Oh sorry was not implying you or your spouse but the two posters here severely injured by the topic and your response. They know who they are; one never says anything if its not hateful and off topic.

Well, I have seen the blank disinterested look in my wifes eyes when I show her a new gun. Kind of like when she shows me new shoes.

Oh sorry was not implying you or your spouse but the two posters here severely injured by the topic and your response. They know who they are; one never says anything if its not hateful and off topic.

Its ok, but its true. My wife really dont care. Long as the bills get paid, I can buy junk for my cars and guns all I want. I love her and she is very smart, but wouldnt know a 1911 from a crankshaft.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1062141386 said:
The FFL dealer keeps that information, not the government.
The FFL has to hand over that info to the ATF or FBI on-demand, and has to turn in all of their records when their FFL expires or is revoked for any reason.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1062141251 said:
What firearms?
The one's you won't be able to otherwise legally use without going to prison for 20+ years for illegal possession.

Nobody!

Curious as to why you don't think it's your wife's business.

Curious as to why you don't think it's your wife's business.

Probably like mine, really dont care what guns I have. She just knows that they all go to her son if I die, just like my tools go to my buddys Dave and Brian.

The state of Michigan knows how many handguns I own. My wife and my dad know how many long guns I own and that's about it.

People ask me. I always lie and give higher or lower numbers. So only me and my father.

My insurance company, My wife, My partner and my son. ATF knows how many form 1 firearms and other items I have.

Back
Top Bottom