• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Who is your political idol?

jallman said:
Well now this is when I have to refer back to ole Machiavelli and remind myself that sometimes the end does justify the means. Helms was very insulting toward homosexuals especially, but he did defer his biases in favor of making agreements that helped the state. When he was on that foreign relations comittee and he blocked the appointment of an ambassador on the grounds of him being homosexual...he later lifted his block in exchange for millions of dollars of relief money for NC's tobacco farmers.

I think for me, knowing what time period he came out of, you could overlook some of his more hard core prejudices in light of the fact that he adamantly steered himself away from moral and social hot topics. He never made any effort to hide his disdain, but he also didnt make much of an effort to enforce his beliefs as legislation. I admire the man greatly.

Those 2 little paragraphs right there just greatly elevated my respect for you. I agree with Deegan in that most people on this forum could take a lesson from that, myself included.

louis14aftrigaud_1638-1715lrg36k.jpg

Originally posted by George Washington:
I'm kind of at a loss for words. Why should I have to exert myself and search through hundreds of posts to find your specific phrase when you have offered me nothing in return?
Let me get this straight. You want me to provide examples of liberals using a similar phrase to prove to you that liberals do not use this similar phrase. Doesn't make sense.

Hmm, your response to my assertion about Kennedy was quite lacking in substance. To the extent so that rigormortis had set in even before it was typed.
What was your assertion again?

Do you honestly think that liberals never speak in these, "general terms," or are you just lying? Uh huh, the answer is obvious. I don't think even you are quite that naive. It's really funny how you always accuse liberals of lying but yet you yourself have just done the same thing. I've always wondered which party has the biggest of the two liars and I've come to the conclusion that the answer lies somewhere in not what is done or said but by who is always the most accusatory. I think I'll leave you with that little theorem to prove by yourself.
Look dude, I don't lie. I don't have too. The truth will do just fine. You're at a loss for words because you cannot prove my assertion is false. I didn't say liberals never speak in general terms. I said that these specific phrases like "All you liberals..." "You liberals just..." that happen to be in the pontifications of Stu Gahtze and Navy Pride to name a few, I have not seen used by liberals towards conservatives. All I'm asking is that if you disagree, prove it by posting this usage. Since you cannot, I can only assume that my assertion is true. That's not lying.

If you're so set on me telling a lie, then here, I'll throw the dog a bone:
"George Washington, you're right and I was wrong." Happy now. There's your lie.

The Real McCoy said:
It's like back in high school, when promiscuous girls were called "whores" and "sluts" but you didn't hear them refer to girls who weren't as "you virgins" or "you virtuous girls." ;)

They were called "dick teases" and "**** blockers".

Billo_Really said:
Let me get this straight. You want me to provide examples of liberals using a similar phrase to prove to you that liberals do not use this similar phrase. Doesn't make sense.

What was your assertion again?

Look dude, I don't lie. I don't have too. The truth will do just fine. You're at a loss for words because you cannot prove my assertion is false. I didn't say liberals never speak in general terms. I said that these specific phrases like "All you liberals..." "You liberals just..." that happen to be in the pontifications of Stu Gahtze and Navy Pride to name a few, I have not seen used by liberals towards conservatives. All I'm asking is that if you disagree, prove it by posting this usage. Since you cannot, I can only assume that my assertion is true. That's not lying.

If you're so set on me telling a lie, then here, I'll throw the dog a bone:
"George Washington, you're right and I was wrong." Happy now. There's your lie.

I don't necessarily consider myself a liberal, but conservatives do. I have made the generalization that "you conservatives.......". I do have many liberal ideas and philosphies.

Originally posted by independent_thinker2002:
I don't necessarily consider myself a liberal, but conservatives do. I have made the generalization that "you conservatives.......". I do have many liberal ideas and philosphies.
Now let me ask you two questions:
  1. Do you consider yourself an intelligent person?
  2. Why would you say something so stupid?

Billo_Really said:
Now let me ask you two questions:
  1. Do you consider yourself an intelligent person?
  2. Why would you say something so stupid?

1. Yes
2. Because I can.:lol:

1. Yes
2. Because I can.
OK hot shot. Didn't mean to get your goose in a gander.

Billo_Really said:
OK hot shot. Didn't mean to get your goose in a gander.

Were you looking in the mirror when you posted that? You seem to be the bothered one.

Were you looking in the mirror when you posted that? You seem to be the bothered one.
Well, who took the jam out of your donut?

jallman said:
Ok girls, you're both pretty. Now be nice.:2wave:

It has been my experience that when a gay man says, "you're pretty" it means, "you're stupid". I hope you weren't implying that.:rofl

It has been my experience that when a gay man says, "you're pretty" it means, "you're stupid". I hope you weren't implying that
If he was, he was talking to you. Not me.

Besides, I got it on good information that he has big feet.

independent_thinker2002 said:
It has been my experience that when a gay man says, "you're pretty" it means, "you're stupid". I hope you weren't implying that.:rofl

not quite. remember I am a southern man too...if I wanted to call you stupid without calling you stupid I would have said...

Awww, bless his little heart

jallman said:
not quite. remember I am a southern man too...if I wanted to call you stupid without calling you stupid I would have said...

Awww, bless his little heart

I have a big heart, :rofl . Either way, I am many things. I am not sure pretty is one of them. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom