• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Who is your political idol?

Red_Dave said:
thats strange, as someone who is so suporrtive of the iraq war i would expect you to be opossed to Saddam Husein .I must have been wrong as you admire the guy who suporrted saddam during the iran-iraq war in which saddam commited many of the atrocities [with our help] that we heard oh-so-much about in the run up to the latest invasion, . Funny old world............

Yeah that is true I did support Reagan then and I supported Roosevelt and Churchill in WW2 when are Ally was Stalin who murdered up to 60,000,000 people.............

Its called Wars make strange bedfellows and its the lessor of the 2 evils my friend........Think about it.........

Then again being 17 your a little young to know about that....:roll:

Navy Pride said:
Yeah that is true I did support Reagan then and I supported Roosevelt and Churchill in WW2 when are Ally was Stalin who murdered up to 60,000,000 people.............

Its called Wars make strange bedfellows and its the lessor of the 2 evils my friend........Think about it.........

Wow, you gotta be like.... 90 years old!

Caine said:
Wow, you gotta be like.... 90 years old!

Born in 1937 when you were not even a twinkle in your daddys eye or he was not a twinkle in his daddys eye......;)

Navy Pride said:
Born in 1937 when you were not even a twinkle in your daddys eye or he was not a twinkle in his daddys eye......;)

So, you were capable of knowing about politics and supporting someone???

Political idol FDR hands down. Moral idol Jimmy Carter.

Caine said:
So, you were capable of knowing about politics and supporting someone???

I was trying to point out the fact that in times of war countries sometimes have strange allies...............I guess you did not get that part.....:roll:

Navy Pride said:

Well how is a mass murderer the lesser of two evils? Espicially as out of dozens of murderous dictatorships suporrted by the u.s it was saddam who was toppled. Clearly he must have been in a completely different league to the others in that he was so murderous not only did the u.s stop suporrting him, they invaded. How can someone so murderous be considered the lesser of two evils?

Navy Pride said:
I was trying to point out the fact that in times of war countries sometimes have strange allies...............I guess you did not get that part.....:roll:
But, you also stated that you supported Churchill and the such at, what would have been 4 years old to 7 years old.
Did you vote for Roosevelt then too?

Red_Dave said:
Well how is a mass murderer the lesser of two evils? Espicially as out of dozens of murderous dictatorships suporrted by the u.s it was saddam who was toppled. Clearly he must have been in a completely different league to the others in that he was so murderous not only did the u.s stop suporrting him, they invaded. How can someone so murderous be considered the lesser of two evils?

The point I am trying to make to you and you are not getting it is in a time of war sometimes your allies are not exactly what you want them to be like in Churchill and Stalin.........

Caine said:
But, you also stated that you supported Churchill and the such at, what would have been 4 years old to 7 years old.
Did you vote for Roosevelt then too?

You always do that Caine when your proven wrong on a point....Our country was allies with Stalin.......Of course I could not vote a 7...

Navy Pride said:
The point I am trying to make to you and you are not getting it is in a time of war sometimes your allies are not exactly what you want them to be like in Churchill and Stalin.........

If that's the point you were trying to make, you weren't very clear.

Navy Pride said:

You have stated that you were born in 1937, and as Caine pointed out, that would place you between the ages of 4 and 7 during WW2. I highly doubt that at those ages, you were capable of "supporting" Roosevelt and Churchill, as you would have been too young to fully grasp what was happening.

I think that's the point that Caine is trying to make.

Stace said:
If that's the point you were trying to make, you weren't very clear.

You have stated that you were born in 1937, and as Caine pointed out, that would place you between the ages of 4 and 7 during WW2. I highly doubt that at those ages, you were capable of "supporting" Roosevelt and Churchill, as you would have been too young to fully grasp what was happening.

I think that's the point that Caine is trying to make.

OK, OK I supported Reagan with Saddam for the same reasons Churchill and Roosevelt supported Stalin in WW2...........Does that clear it up for you?

Navy Pride said:
OK, OK I supported Reagan with Saddam for the same reasons Churchill and Roosevelt supported Stalin in WW2...........Does that clear it up for you?

:shrug: Sure.....not that it makes any difference to me :2razz:

Stace said:
:shrug: Sure.....not that it makes any difference to me :2razz:

Iam sure it doesn't.........I was actually answering a question from Red Dave.......

Navy Pride said:
Iam sure it doesn't.........I was actually answering a question from Red Dave.......

Yes, but you were a bit rude about your response, and I can't speak for Caine, but I figured I'd jump in and help the guy out a bit.

What does it matter if Red Dave is only 17? World War II IS taught in high school, ya know.

Navy Pride.....

Dude relax. I was just picking at you man :smile:

Yes, I agree that you sometimes have to make alliances with foolz you just don't really like.

Hell, weren't we trying to make friends with China so they can pressure North Korea to simmer down?

Or did I hear the hear that wrong?
I didin't really pay much attention to anything other than the headline with that story a while back.

Caine said:
Navy Pride.....

Dude relax. I was just picking at you man :smile:

Yes, I agree that you sometimes have to make alliances with foolz you just don't really like.

Hell, weren't we trying to make friends with China so they can pressure North Korea to simmer down?

Or did I hear the hear that wrong?
I didin't really pay much attention to anything other than the headline with that story a while back.

Believe me I am relaxed as I am sitting here with a scotch on the rocks watching West "By God" Va. kick Georgia's butt..........;)

Navy Pride said:
Believe me I am relaxed as I am sitting here with a scotch on the rocks watching West "By God" Va. kick Georgia's butt..........;)
How dare you, there's only a week and a halfish until the Bears first playoff game, you should be preparing! (Especially considering that I'm assuming your rooting for Carolina, and we will teach them a new definition of the word PAIN!)

galenrox said:
How dare you, there's only a week and a halfish until the Bears first playoff game, you should be preparing! (Especially considering that I'm assuming your rooting for Carolina, and we will teach them a new definition of the word PAIN!)

In your dreams, galen. Carolina all the way!

galenrox said:

Wrong, I am a Pittsburgh Steeler fan since 1953......The same Steeler team that went 4-0 this year against the NFC North and whupped up on your Bears a couple of weeks ago.........

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!

Navy Pride said:
Wrong, I am a Pittsburgh Steeler fan since 1953......The same Steeler team that went 4-0 this year against the NFC North and whupped up on your Bears a couple of weeks ago.........

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!
lol, if they make it to the AFC championship that'll be surprising.

Keep in mind, when you beat us, we still had Orton playing (the guy who managed to only pass for 68 yards vs. the PACKERS)
Now we've got Manning, so if, by some fluke, you make it to the Super Bowl, we'll be waiting to demolish you guys!

That was a painful game to watch, at least until I finished my 2nd bottle of boone's farm.

Stace said:
In your dreams, galen. Carolina all the way!
BAH! You guys lost to us before we even had an offense!

galenrox said:
BAH! You guys lost to us before we even had an offense!

Don't care. I ALWAYS support the my home team.

Even when it's a sucky team like the Vikings. Actually, I do still support the Vikes, since I still consider Minnesota at least partially my home....

But, right now, I stand with my Panthers.

galenrox said:
That was a painful game to watch, at least until I finished my 2nd bottle of boone's farm.
Boone's Farm...

That explains everything...:doh

What's with that?...Mad Dog out of your price range?...;)

Originally posted by cnredd:
What's with that?...Mad Dog out of your price range?...
MD20/20........20% alcohol/20% vision!

Back
Top Bottom