• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Who is your favorite member on this site?

teacher said:
Because if you don't have Ted Nugent running through your head 24/7/365 then you are just damn nuts. Or do I have that bass ackwards?

Here I come again now baby,
I'm like a dog in heat.

I tell ya man, when I get in a heated argument with the old lady, that song starts to churn!:cool:

But yeah, that sounds obvious to me as well!;)

teacher said:
Don't encourage me!

Ready? Stormtrooper's coming, get ready.

I was hoping you were The Wild Man, don't disappoint me!;)

dragonslayer said:
So why are the Neo cons still talking? They are all dead in the Brain.

Take your politics and scram, see? That sort of talk don't belong here. :cool:

mixedmedia said:
aps – Loved her since the very day she showed up around here. Brought new life to the liberal contingency on the board and keeps bringin’ it on every day. Thank you, babe!

The feeling is mutual, mixedmedia! Thank you so much for the compliments. You just made my day. :cheers: :party :kissy: :kissass

aps said:
The feeling is mutual, mixedmedia! Thank you so much for the compliments. You just made my day. :cheers: :party :kissy:

awww......you deserve it. You're a sweetheart and a fierce contender. A woman after my own heart. :2wave:

alphieb said:
Who is your favorite member on this site?

Alphieb, you are my most favorite member of this site because you are such a BOOOMBSHELL! Just kidding, true beauty is in the heart and soul. It is not in our physical appearance.

Last edited:
ManOfTrueTruth said:
Alphieb, you are my most favorite member of this site because you are such a BOOOMBSHELL! Just kidding, true beauty is in the heart and soul. It is not in our physical appearance.

That is absolutely correct. I would rather be a good person and have beauty on the inside rather than beauty on the outside. Although, I don't mind being attractive, but there are tons of attractive people. If that is all you base your self worth on, you're in trouble.

alphieb said:
That is absolutely correct. I would rather be a good person and have beauty on the inside rather than beauty on the outside. Although, I don't mind being attractive, but there are tons of attractive people. If that is all you base your self worth on, you're in trouble.

I think the outer shell is a projection of whats on the inside...at least thats what I tell myself so I dont feel shallow for only checking out hot people. :mrgreen:

jallman said:
I think the outer shell is a projection of whats on the inside...at least thats what I tell myself so I dont feel shallow for only checking out hot people. :mrgreen:

That is human nature

jallman said:

Let you in on a little secret. Good thing my girlfriend doesn't read this forum heh. My girlfriend, she is not the most physically attractive woman but she has a very good heart and soul and I enjoy my time with her. She will do special little things for me as well and I do the same for her. I have dated some hot bombshells in my time, but some of them were real ugly on the inside, screw you over and some will lure you in with hot looks, take your money and leave you to hang and dry. I have been with this girl going on 7 months now and had some very hot bombshells tempt me and I turned them down (seriously). Believe me, temptation is tough to resist and it will do more damage in the long run. Hot looks are not always a reflection of what is on the inside, some people have surgery done, others are simply born with good genes that enable them to be physically attractive. Some people are born with genes that are not good for having a hot body and so they either have to work much harder than most people to have a hot body or they simply won't ever have one, yet they are good people on the inside. And many people pass them by, because they never bothered to find out what is on the inside because they judge the book by it's cover.

Rule #1...

Never go out with a beautiful woman who knows it...

cnredd said:
Rule #1...

Yup, very good rule for a guy to follow :lol:

In my experience, if you are truly in love with someone:

1. You won't care what they look like, because to you, they are one of the most beautiful people ever created.

2. Temptation isn't hard to resist, because you wouldn't even be tempted in the first place.

Now, like everything else in this world, there are exceptions, such as when you and your partner are going through a rough patch (because let's face it, we all have at least one throughout each relationship), but that's just it - it's the exception. To my way of thinking at least, those two things up there are at least a part of the rule.

cnredd said:
Rule #1...

lol Yeah. You know, women are always screaming male oppression, how men are jerks, etc. Well, I think us men actually get more abused than vica versa. In all the relationships I've known about through my lifetime, I can honestly say that women have been the ones to cheat first, play games, sneak around, etc. Plus, us men naturally get more illnesses. We tend to have shorter life spans. I say WE are the weaker sex.

George_Washington said:
lol Yeah. You know, women are always screaming male oppression, how men are jerks, etc. Well, I think us men actually get more abused than vica versa. In all the relationships I've known about through my lifetime, I can honestly say that women have been the ones to cheat first, play games, sneak around, etc. Plus, us men naturally get more illnesses. We tend to have shorter life spans. I say WE are the weaker sex.

Wah. Cry me a freaking river. My experiences/what I've seen has been the exact opposite of you. So freaking what? Some people just suck like that, male OR female.

You men get more illnesses because you can't take care of yourselves. You need mommy or a wife or something to take care of you. Learn how to cook and do your own laundry and that'll be just one step in the right direction towards better health.

Weaker sex? God, I hate that excuse. Yup, that's all it is, an excuse. You are what you make of yourself. Should I consider my husband the weaker sex because I know more about cars and can weild a hammer better than him? Nah. He's just not as educated in some areas as I am. But he makes a mean grilled cheese sandwich, and since those rank very highly on my list of comfort foods, we balance each other out. :mrgreen:

Stace said:
Wah. Cry me a freaking river. My experiences/what I've seen has been the exact opposite of you. So freaking what? Some people just suck like that, male OR female.

You men get more illnesses because you can't take care of yourselves. You need mommy or a wife or something to take care of you. Learn how to cook and do your own laundry and that'll be just one step in the right direction towards better health.

Weaker sex? God, I hate that excuse. Yup, that's all it is, an excuse. You are what you make of yourself. Should I consider my husband the weaker sex because I know more about cars and can weild a hammer better than him? Nah. He's just not as educated in some areas as I am. But he makes a mean grilled cheese sandwich, and since those rank very highly on my list of comfort foods, we balance each other out. :mrgreen:

It's just Stace, men in society are always the ones that seem to get blamed for why a relationship doesn't work out. Look at the talk shows, look at the media outlets, etc. When they interview couples for example on any one of the many talk shows, they always blame the man and make him look like the bad guy. Dr. Phil doesn't on his show, he's a pretty balanced guy. But in most media outlets, I really think the man is always to blame.

I realize men cheat too, I just think there is a lot more bias in our society to always blame the man first. And it's mostly cause women always rally around a woman that has been, "hurt" in a relationship and they never want to recognize the man's point of view, from my experience.

Stace said:
In my experience, if you are truly in love with someone:

1. You won't care what they look like, because to you, they are one of the most beautiful people ever created.

2. Temptation isn't hard to resist, because you wouldn't even be tempted in the first place.

Now, like everything else in this world, there are exceptions, such as when you and your partner are going through a rough patch (because let's face it, we all have at least one throughout each relationship), but that's just it - it's the exception. To my way of thinking at least, those two things up there are at least a part of the rule.

I have to disagree. I don't think you are being honest with yourself. Lust and love are two different things. In order to maintain love you must sometimes resist lust. Anybody who is married and says that they have never been tempted, is lying. The question lies in how you deal and resist temptation, because sex, is only temporary and does not offer the promise of long term relationship and happiness. Temptation is everywhere and anybody can be tempted. The truth, heart and soul is forever while physical appearances, perception, deception and material things are only temporary. It is only the truth, heart and soul which can give you happiness in the long term.

GySgt said:
Reminds me of a bumber sticker I saw....

"Work Harder...People on Welfare are Depending on You!"

Hey, I used to have a t-shirt that had that written on it. I used to wear it all the time outside, you should see the looks I got.:lol:

George_Washington said:
It's just Stace, men in society are always the ones that seem to get blamed for why a relationship doesn't work out. Look at the talk shows, look at the media outlets, etc. When they interview couples for example on any one of the many talk shows, they always blame the man and make him look like the bad guy. Dr. Phil doesn't on his show, he's a pretty balanced guy. But in most media outlets, I really think the man is always to blame.

I realize men cheat too, I just think there is a lot more bias in our society to always blame the man first. And it's mostly cause women always rally around a woman that has been, "hurt" in a relationship and they never want to recognize the man's point of view, from my experience.

*sigh* Look at what you're using as an example, George....TALK SHOWS. Those freaking things are manufactured, anyway. Of course they're going to give you the stereotypical story of the man cheating or whatever. Only on very special episodes, usually during sweeps, will they show WOMEN cheating.

Look at the statistics, though. Statistically speaking, men are more likely to cheat. Regardless of who's doing it, it's wrong, end of story.

Stace said:
Look at the statistics, though. Statistically speaking, men are more likely to cheat. Regardless of who's doing it, it's wrong, end of story.

I disagree Stace. Why should we stay faithful to 1 person, when there are billions populating our planet? Why should we just engage in sexual activity with just 1 because I guess "luck" had it that we met them first, while others could very well be more compatible then them? But on the other hand, if 2 people are perfectly happy with eachother, and don't need anyything/anyone else, it's fine if they stay faithful, if they BOTH want it that way. But my take it that life is so short, we only go around once, we might not get a second chance, so take what comes your way.

Back
Top Bottom