• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who is treated worse, Obama or GW Bush?

• Total voters

Slartibartfast

Jesus loves you.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

By far I would have to say Bush.

That shouldn't even be a question.

President Bush since he served for two terms. If President Obama gets two terms I could see it being about equal.

The only fair comparison is Bush's first year and a half to Obama's. I think in that case, Obama has been treated worse, but it's one of those really subjective things that it is impossible to be unbiased on.

Compared to Bush at the same point in his Presidency, Obama is getting much worse. But overall? It seems about the same. Different players, same old game.

I'd say its probably about the same in terms of stupid partisan BS. For every idiot who cried Bush = Hitler, there is an idiot on the other side saying Obama is a anti-American muslim radical. For ever truther, there is a birther. Idiocy knows no political boundaries.

Lincoln.

:twocents:

The only fair comparison is Bush's first year and a half to Obama's. I think in that case, Obama has been treated worse, but it's one of those really subjective things that it is impossible to be unbiased on.

If we were looking at the same time frame I would have to agree that President Obama has been treated worse. If I remember correctly people were still largely supportive of President Bush because of 9/11.

There's no right answer to this question.

Obama. For the simple fact that he is worse than Bush.

Actually if Obama is being treated worse, it's probably because every new PR shocker from a partisan blogger, every new low blow that gets more hits than the last one, lowers the bar for what passes for political debate that much more. We're racing to the bottom.

Actually if Obama is being treated worse, it's probably because every new PR shocker from a partisan blogger, every new low blow that gets more hits than the last one, lowers the bar for what passes for political debate that much more. We're racing to the bottom.

Uh huh. The media is treating him with kids gloves so yeah the bloggers will do a lot of it. As proof of this I present the newest draft being proposed. Something that every media outlet and a lot of other people hollered and screamed when they just thought that Bush might institute a draft. (in this respect Bush has been treated far worse.) Yet where is the media talking about it now???

Text of H.R. 5741: Universal National Service Act

Uh huh. The media is treating him with kids gloves so yeah the bloggers will do a lot of it. As proof of this I present the newest draft being proposed. Something that every media outlet and a lot of other people hollered and screamed when they just thought that Bush might institute a draft. (in this respect Bush has been treated far worse.) Yet where is the media talking about it now???

Text of H.R. 5741: Universal National Service Act

Somebody introduces legislation like this among dozens of other crazy perennials every session, is this supposed to be a grand conspiracy to lay at Obama's door now? He's not all that, but he's not responsible for every dumb thing done by anybody associated with government either.

What media are you referring to? MSNBC or FOX? HuffPo or Drudge? Rhoades or Savage? What exactly constitutes "media" these days, anyway? It's an empty word to fuel an empty sound bite anymore.

But if you can, step back and look at the whole picture. There isn't any difference between the partisans braying on the left and right as far as the quantity of their nastiness. The only thing that changes is the level of nastiness they have to reach to get attention.

That about says it all.

There were attacks on both presidents, in fact, on all of the presidents.

Why anyone wants to be president of the US is a mystery.

I certainly would hate to have the job. I would love the pension plan though.

Bush-Clinton-Bush, and now Obama are all agents of the same entity and all should be treated with equal disdain. It is very encouraging to see that many of the same ones who disparaged little puke GW Bush for his murderous theiving policies are catching on quickly to the fact that Obama is a puppet dancing on the same strings...Thus the horrible approval ratings....More endless war soley for the profit of those who have bought and paid for these third rate actors....Obama has about as much to do with US policy as the Tidy Bowl man....

Bush-Clinton-Bush, and now Obama are all agents of the same entity and all should be treated with equal disdain. It is very encouraging to see that many of the same ones who disparaged little puke GW Bush for his murderous theiving policies are catching on quickly to the fact that Obama is a puppet dancing on the same strings...Thus the horrible approval ratings....More endless war soley for the profit of those who have bought and paid for these third rate actors....Obama has about as much to do with US policy as the Tidy Bowl man....

and yet, we the people elected them all, along with that Congress that is currently enjoying an approval rating of, what was it? 11% (and dropping, no doubt).

We keep electing them, basing votes on partisan loyalty and dumb TV ads. We have met the enemy, and he is us.

There where insane people at both times from the start of their presidencies.

Bush was treated worse before taking office by the Press and the dems did everything possible to try to erect obstacles as he was coming into office and Obama faced neither. However, 9-11 gave Bush a reprieve and the Bush haters went hiding for at least 6 months because they were worried that bashing Bush would be seen as aiding comfort to the terrorists or at least undermining the anti terrorist effort.

But the press has been far kinder to Obama. If Bush's college grades had been hidden, the Press would have been howling for months. Obama has taken as many vacations as Bush and you don't hear squat from the press about that (which was a silly issue with Bush since a president is never really on vacation as long as he has a phone or a SS agent near him with one)

So far Bush has been treated worse by his opposition than Obama by his opposition. We will have to wait to see if overall one was treated worse than the other.

I think they're both being treated the way they deserve to be treated. Their treatment is based upon their performance. If they can't do the job that they were hired to do, they deserve to be complained about.

Back
Top Bottom