• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who is Top Contributor to Civilization?

Which race is Top Contributor to Civilization?

• Indigenous South Pacifica Islanders

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
"When the last century ended, humans could not even fly. In the 20th century, the human race went to the moon and began to explore the stars."
The San Francisco Chronicle

Which "Subspecies" of the Human Race is the top contributor to "Civilization" in areas such as discoveries, exploration, the arts, inventions, technology, transportation, architecture, farming, healthcare and overall quality of life?

I'm sure we all know of great accomplishments by all six but only one can be the absolute most accomplished?

For those of you not afraid of "Race" classification...

Race Definition
(1) Any one of the groups that humans are often divided into based on physical traits regarded as common among people of shared ancestry.
(2) A group of people sharing a common cultural, geographical, linguistic, or religious origin or background.
(3) The descendants of a common ancestor : a group sharing a common lineage.
(4) A group within a species that is distinguishable (as morphologically, genetically, or behaviorally) from others of the same species.
OP reads like white supremacist chest pounding. It reeks of insecurity... neediness.

Self confident humans are more centered.

Deserving of scorn because they assert they know best, but the beatings won't stop until morale improves.

OP reads like white supremacist chest pounding. It reeks of insecurity... neediness.

Self confident humans are more centered.

Sorry but I'm just not seeing anything remotely "white supremacist"?!

Is it possible that you may have misinterpreted something in the OP?

This is true in a sense. Presumably, the original inventor decided on some symbol that they would use to represent some concept. Someone else figured out that the inventor was using that gesture or sound in relation to whatever concept was being expressed and they went on to develop it further from there.

Regardless of the specifics of how it originated, it wasn't discovered under a rock. It was formed from ideas within human minds.
I have no idea what you're trying to say at this point. There was spoken language before there was written language. It sounds like you're speculating on how spoken language evolved. There was no "original inventor" of language.

Civilization is a melting pot of races that contributed to it. The USA has had more influence on modernization than any other nation, with a diverse and rich culture of citizens from different ethnic backgrounds. There is no way to determine how to attribute that success to the impact of one race.

European Caucasians have probably been the most dominant culture in the world for the past few centuries.

I have no idea what you're trying to say at this point. There was spoken language before there was written language. It sounds like you're speculating on how spoken language evolved. There was no "original inventor" of language.

There definitely was. At some point, there was a first person to express a concept through some kind of symbol. That person invented language.

There definitely was. At some point, there was a first person to express a concept through some kind of symbol. That person invented language.

Kate Smith.
She made us feel good about being a product of European Civilization.

What on earth do you find "racist" about this thread? :confused:

Or are you simply consumed by Political Correctness? 😲

The fact that you started a thread asking us which race has contributed the most to our civilization, and asked to choose which is the best among the races at making such contributions makes this a racist thread. Please spare us the deliberate obtuseness.

Sorry but I'm just not seeing anything remotely "white supremacist"?!

Is it possible that you may have misinterpreted something in the OP?

You chose Indigenous White Europeans as being the "top contributor" to Civilization in your own open non-anonymous poll.

Please tell us in your own words what you were trying to get across with your OP other than a belief that white people in general are simply better than other races at every endeavor by virtue of their superior inherent racial traits? No one force you to start this thread. No one forced you to make a non-anonymous poll. You made it clear that you believe that white Europeans are better at discoveries, exploration, the arts, inventions, technology, transportation, architecture, farming, healthcare and overall quality of life. I have yet to see any political correctness. Just more and more people assessing your views as white supremacist in a thread you dedicated to racial supremacy.

Last edited:
What on earth do you find "racist" about this thread? :confused:

Or are you simply consumed by Political Correctness? 😲
Your OP asked,
I'm sure we all know of great accomplishments by all six but only one can be the absolute most accomplished?

Putting one's race above another, as superior, is a racist principle. When you place one above all the others, the rest must be inferior. That's why it's racist. Your OP asked which group is superior.

Why must one be "better" than the others? Various posters have offered important contributions from all the groups you listed, and there are many that weren't mentioned. Over the long history of humans, many civilizations have come and gone, done amazing things, then faded again into oblivion (Ozymandias comes to mind). Yes, Europeans are having a run right now, but as other posters have pointed out, we are also fouling our waters and air, neither of which we can survive without. And there have certainly been times when we were eclipsed by others.

I say this honestly, not to be politically correct: I don't see it as a competition for "best." I see human history as a patchwork quilt with each patch and scrap as contributions from many peoples at different times, all adding to the whole. My first post lists contributions that we all take for granted in our lives every day. Where would we be without algebra, iron, corn? There is no " best," imo.

Your OP asked,

Putting one's race above another, as superior, is a racist principle. When you place one above all the others, the rest must be inferior. That's why it's racist. Your OP asked which group is superior.

Why must one be "better" than the others? Various posters have offered important contributions from all the groups you listed, and there are many that weren't mentioned. Over the long history of humans, many civilizations have come and gone, done amazing things, then faded again into oblivion (Ozymandias comes to mind). Yes, Europeans are having a run right now, but as other posters have pointed out, we are also fouling our waters and air, neither of which we can survive without. And there have certainly been times when we were eclipsed by others.

I say this honestly, not to be politically correct: I don't see it as a competition for "best." I see human history as a patchwork quilt with each patch and scrap as contributions from many peoples at different times, all adding to the whole. My first post lists contributions that we all take for granted in our lives every day. Where would we be without algebra, iron, corn? There is no " best," imo.

This is why I refused to answer a poll in a thread literally dedicated to racial supremacy. There is no way to answer in a way that does not show you to believe the race you chose is superior and in so doing declare the others inferior. The only way to win this noxious game is not to play.

This is why I refused to answer a poll in a thread literally dedicated to racial supremacy. There is no way to answer in a way that does not show you to believe the race you chose is superior and thus the others are inferior. The only way to win the game is not to play.
I tried checking them all, but you can only check one. So me neither.

But playing has been fun. I like history.

Does that include being proud of the genocidal conquests, cultural obliterations, and environmental despoliation that "your people" committed?

Or is that something that isn't mentioned in polite company?

*shrugs*

Everyone makes mistakes fella.

Sure cant let that take away from the massive SUCCESS of my people and I now can we Chief?

I know that you want me to feel shame. TOO BAD. I'm not going to do that. Just the opposite, there's nothing to be ashamed of.

This is why I refused to answer a poll in a thread literally dedicated to racial supremacy. There is no way to answer in a way that does not show you to believe the race you chose is superior and in so doing declare the others inferior. The only way to win this noxious game is not to play.

To be clear, I answered Africans because I think the invention of language was the most important contributor to the development of civilization, and it happened to take place in Africa.

Since all of humanity is descended from that same group of Africans from 150,000 years ago, everyone can share equally in their proud African heritage. My vote should not be taken as an indication that I think any race in inferior to another.

How many languages do you think there are in the world and how did that one person communicate with everyone else on the globe?

*shrugs*

Everyone makes mistakes fella.

Sure cant let that take away from the massive SUCCESS of my people and I now can we Chief?

I know that you want me to feel shame. TOO BAD. I'm not going to do that. Just the opposite, there's nothing to be ashamed of.

I am most grateful that you do not feel any shame over the proud of the genocidal conquests, cultural obliterations, and environmental despoliation that "your people" committed. After all, they were only "Oopsies" and should be overlooked because not doing so tarnishes the halo - right?

Does that include being proud of the genocidal conquests, cultural obliterations, and environmental despoliation that "your people" committed?

Or is that something that isn't mentioned in polite company?
Well please allow me to tell you "something that isn't mentioned in polite company".....never-ever!

All races of people have been both perpetrators and victims of every atrocity imaginable at some point in human history.

But that history is now lost to Western Civilization where only white people are oppressors and people of color their victims.

And all these loyal followers of Marxist lies, propaganda, and MSM are so thoroughly indoctrinated; they're blind to the obvious.

Textbook Orwellian Newspeak..."war is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength" and rioting&looting is peaceful protest.

"When the last century ended, humans could not even fly. In the 20th century, the human race went to the moon and began to explore the stars."
The San Francisco Chronicle

Which "Subspecies" of the Human Race is the top contributor to "Civilization" in areas such as discoveries, exploration, the arts, inventions, technology, transportation, architecture, farming, healthcare and overall quality of life?

For those of you not afraid of "Race" classification...

Race Definition
(1) Any one of the groups that humans are often divided into based on physical traits regarded as common among people of shared ancestry.
(2) A group of people sharing a common cultural, geographical, linguistic, or religious origin or background.
(3) The descendants of a common ancestor : a group sharing a common lineage.
(4) A group within a species that is distinguishable (as morphologically, genetically, or behaviorally) from others of the same species.

Humans don't have "subspecies".

Lessee....
Indigenous American Indians developed the corn, beans, squash and other native foods that now feed 60% of the world.

Indigenous Asian Orientals gave us gunpowder and the printing press.

Indigenous European Caucasians gave us democracy and automobiles

Indigenous Middle Easterners gave us Algebra and Judeo-Christian religions

Indigenous Sub Saharan Africans gave us coffee and iron smelting

Indigenous South Pacific Islanders Beautiful playgrounds and cocktails served in pineapples

View attachment 67344022
The Indigenous South Pacific Islanders were actually very accomplished seafarers and explorers.

They were first to successfully navigate an uncharted Pacific Ocean, the world's largest body of water.

They discovered and colonized many new lands, never before seen by people...I for one admire such courage.

The Indigenous South Pacific Islanders were actually very accomplished seafarers and explorers.

They were first to successfully navigate an uncharted Pacific Ocean, the world's largest body of water.

They discovered and colonized many new lands, never before seen by people...I for one admire such courage.
Me too. As I said before, I didn't list it, as it doesn't seem they actually introduced it to the rest of the world. However. I agree with you completely. Without compasses. Amazing.

Well please allow me to tell you "something that isn't mentioned in polite company".....never-ever!

All races of people have been both perpetrators and victims of every atrocity imaginable at some point in human history.

But that history is now lost to Western Civilization where only white people are oppressors and people of color their victims.

And all these loyal followers of Marxist lies, propaganda, and MSM are so thoroughly indoctrinated; they're blind to the obvious.

Textbook Orwellian Newspeak..."war is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength" and rioting&looting is peaceful protest.

Obviously the "polite company" that you hang out with isn't quite as well educated as the company that I hang out with.

Obviously the "polite company" that you hang out with isn't quite as well educated as the company that I hang out with.

I had hoped we could stick to the historical aspects of different civilizations and their contributions to human history.

The most amazing development in human history happened to be the ascendancy of European countries over the past 500 years.
Which goes to show everyone that the country (or region) that has the most advanced science and the most advanced weapons will dominate the rest of the world - for a while anyway.
That region just so happened to be dominated by white men. What a surprise.
Now the world is waiting for a country with more than a billion Chinese to dominate the world initially created by white men.

I had hoped we could stick to the historical aspects of different civilizations and their contributions to human history.

The most amazing development in human history happened to be the ascendancy of European countries over the past 500 years.
Which goes to show everyone that the country (or region) that has the most advanced science and the most advanced weapons will dominate the rest of the world - for a while anyway.
That region just so happened to be dominated by white men. What a surprise.
Now the world is waiting for a country with more than a billion Chinese to dominate the world initially created by white men.

As you hinted, that ascendance owes much more to geological and climatological factors than it does to any "genetic difference" between "ethnic groups".

That ascendance also owes much more to the fact that the Europeans who colonized North America (South America being less amenable to rapid exploitation) had such a massive technological advantage over the indigenous peoples of North America that they were able to wrest away a veritable treasure house of natural resources from the indigenous peoples and hold that treasure house free and clear of any serious challenge.

As you hinted, that ascendance owes much more to geological and climatological factors than it does to any "genetic difference" between "ethnic groups".

That ascendance also owes much more to the fact that the Europeans who colonized North America (South America being less amenable to rapid exploitation) had such a massive technological advantage over the indigenous peoples of North America that they were able to wrest away a veritable treasure house of natural resources from the indigenous peoples and hold that treasure house free and clear of any serious challenge.
No one could prove that genetic differences contributed to European dominance in the Western hemisphere. But that is what the Europeans claimed.

In the age of Western exploration and conquest in the Western Hemisphere "might made right". That was the way of the world since the 1500s in the Western Hemisphere.

Europeans OBVIOUSLY. Unless the device you are typing on right now was developed by Africans, Pacific Islanders, or the Navajo.

This poll was too easy.

Lessee....
Indigenous American Indians developed the corn, beans, squash and other native foods that now feed 60% of the world.

Unless 60% of the planet is eating at Chipotle, then I think I would consider instead the importance of the emergence of farming in fertile crescent, and Nile valley.
Indigenous Asian Orientals gave us gunpowder and the printing press.

But they didn't print the Bible, and their guns never outfought the European empires. So, what is your point?

Indigenous European Caucasians gave us democracy and automobiles

And and your computer you are using right now.

Indigenous Middle Easterners gave us Algebra and Judeo-Christian religions

When was the last time you used Algebra, and GOD gave us those religions, not men.

Indigenous Sub Saharan Africans gave us coffee and iron smelting

So, then where are all the skyscrapers in the Congo, and do they actually have Starbucks?

Indigenous South Pacific Islanders Beautiful playgrounds and cocktails served in pineapples

And surfing.

Back
Top Bottom