• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who is Top Contributor to Civilization?

Which race is Top Contributor to Civilization?

• Indigenous South Pacifica Islanders

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lady of the house wonderin' where it's gonna stop
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
"When the last century ended, humans could not even fly. In the 20th century, the human race went to the moon and began to explore the stars."
The San Francisco Chronicle

Which "Subspecies" of the Human Race is the top contributor to "Civilization" in areas such as discoveries, exploration, the arts, inventions, technology, transportation, architecture, farming, healthcare and overall quality of life?

I'm sure we all know of great accomplishments by all six but only one can be the absolute most accomplished?

For those of you not afraid of "Race" classification...

Race Definition
(1) Any one of the groups that humans are often divided into based on physical traits regarded as common among people of shared ancestry.
(2) A group of people sharing a common cultural, geographical, linguistic, or religious origin or background.
(3) The descendants of a common ancestor : a group sharing a common lineage.
(4) A group within a species that is distinguishable (as morphologically, genetically, or behaviorally) from others of the same species.
OP reads like white supremacist chest pounding. It reeks of insecurity... neediness.

Self confident humans are more centered.

Deserving of scorn because they assert they know best, but the beatings won't stop until morale improves.

Empirica

Transcend
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
OP reads like white supremacist chest pounding. It reeks of insecurity... neediness.

Self confident humans are more centered.

Sorry but I'm just not seeing anything remotely "white supremacist"?!

Is it possible that you may have misinterpreted something in the OP?

reflechissez

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
This is true in a sense. Presumably, the original inventor decided on some symbol that they would use to represent some concept. Someone else figured out that the inventor was using that gesture or sound in relation to whatever concept was being expressed and they went on to develop it further from there.

Regardless of the specifics of how it originated, it wasn't discovered under a rock. It was formed from ideas within human minds.
I have no idea what you're trying to say at this point. There was spoken language before there was written language. It sounds like you're speculating on how spoken language evolved. There was no "original inventor" of language.

grip

Light △ Bender
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Civilization is a melting pot of races that contributed to it. The USA has had more influence on modernization than any other nation, with a diverse and rich culture of citizens from different ethnic backgrounds. There is no way to determine how to attribute that success to the impact of one race.

European Caucasians have probably been the most dominant culture in the world for the past few centuries.

AConcernedCitizen

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I have no idea what you're trying to say at this point. There was spoken language before there was written language. It sounds like you're speculating on how spoken language evolved. There was no "original inventor" of language.

There definitely was. At some point, there was a first person to express a concept through some kind of symbol. That person invented language.

Felis Leo

Moral clarity is needed
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
What on earth do you find "racist" about this thread? :confused:

Or are you simply consumed by Political Correctness? 😲

The fact that you started a thread asking us which race has contributed the most to our civilization, and asked to choose which is the best among the races at making such contributions makes this a racist thread. Please spare us the deliberate obtuseness.

Felis Leo

Moral clarity is needed
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Sorry but I'm just not seeing anything remotely "white supremacist"?!

Is it possible that you may have misinterpreted something in the OP?

You chose Indigenous White Europeans as being the "top contributor" to Civilization in your own open non-anonymous poll.

Please tell us in your own words what you were trying to get across with your OP other than a belief that white people in general are simply better than other races at every endeavor by virtue of their superior inherent racial traits? No one force you to start this thread. No one forced you to make a non-anonymous poll. You made it clear that you believe that white Europeans are better at discoveries, exploration, the arts, inventions, technology, transportation, architecture, farming, healthcare and overall quality of life. I have yet to see any political correctness. Just more and more people assessing your views as white supremacist in a thread you dedicated to racial supremacy.

Last edited:

MaryP

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
What on earth do you find "racist" about this thread? :confused:

Or are you simply consumed by Political Correctness? 😲
Your OP asked,
I'm sure we all know of great accomplishments by all six but only one can be the absolute most accomplished?

Putting one's race above another, as superior, is a racist principle. When you place one above all the others, the rest must be inferior. That's why it's racist. Your OP asked which group is superior.

Why must one be "better" than the others? Various posters have offered important contributions from all the groups you listed, and there are many that weren't mentioned. Over the long history of humans, many civilizations have come and gone, done amazing things, then faded again into oblivion (Ozymandias comes to mind). Yes, Europeans are having a run right now, but as other posters have pointed out, we are also fouling our waters and air, neither of which we can survive without. And there have certainly been times when we were eclipsed by others.

I say this honestly, not to be politically correct: I don't see it as a competition for "best." I see human history as a patchwork quilt with each patch and scrap as contributions from many peoples at different times, all adding to the whole. My first post lists contributions that we all take for granted in our lives every day. Where would we be without algebra, iron, corn? There is no " best," imo.

Felis Leo

Moral clarity is needed
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Your OP asked,

Putting one's race above another, as superior, is a racist principle. When you place one above all the others, the rest must be inferior. That's why it's racist. Your OP asked which group is superior.

Why must one be "better" than the others? Various posters have offered important contributions from all the groups you listed, and there are many that weren't mentioned. Over the long history of humans, many civilizations have come and gone, done amazing things, then faded again into oblivion (Ozymandias comes to mind). Yes, Europeans are having a run right now, but as other posters have pointed out, we are also fouling our waters and air, neither of which we can survive without. And there have certainly been times when we were eclipsed by others.

I say this honestly, not to be politically correct: I don't see it as a competition for "best." I see human history as a patchwork quilt with each patch and scrap as contributions from many peoples at different times, all adding to the whole. My first post lists contributions that we all take for granted in our lives every day. Where would we be without algebra, iron, corn? There is no " best," imo.

This is why I refused to answer a poll in a thread literally dedicated to racial supremacy. There is no way to answer in a way that does not show you to believe the race you chose is superior and in so doing declare the others inferior. The only way to win this noxious game is not to play.

MaryP

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This is why I refused to answer a poll in a thread literally dedicated to racial supremacy. There is no way to answer in a way that does not show you to believe the race you chose is superior and thus the others are inferior. The only way to win the game is not to play.
I tried checking them all, but you can only check one. So me neither.

But playing has been fun. I like history.

PeacefulWarrior

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Does that include being proud of the genocidal conquests, cultural obliterations, and environmental despoliation that "your people" committed?

Or is that something that isn't mentioned in polite company?

*shrugs*

Everyone makes mistakes fella.

Sure cant let that take away from the massive SUCCESS of my people and I now can we Chief?

I know that you want me to feel shame. TOO BAD. I'm not going to do that. Just the opposite, there's nothing to be ashamed of.

AConcernedCitizen

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
This is why I refused to answer a poll in a thread literally dedicated to racial supremacy. There is no way to answer in a way that does not show you to believe the race you chose is superior and in so doing declare the others inferior. The only way to win this noxious game is not to play.

To be clear, I answered Africans because I think the invention of language was the most important contributor to the development of civilization, and it happened to take place in Africa.

Since all of humanity is descended from that same group of Africans from 150,000 years ago, everyone can share equally in their proud African heritage. My vote should not be taken as an indication that I think any race in inferior to another.

reflechissez

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
There definitely was. At some point, there was a first person to express a concept through some kind of symbol. That person invented language.
How many languages do you think there are in the world and how did that one person communicate with everyone else on the globe?

TU Curmudgeon

B.A. (Sarc), LLb. (Lex Sarcasus), PhD (Sarc.)
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
*shrugs*

Everyone makes mistakes fella.

Sure cant let that take away from the massive SUCCESS of my people and I now can we Chief?

I know that you want me to feel shame. TOO BAD. I'm not going to do that. Just the opposite, there's nothing to be ashamed of.

I am most grateful that you do not feel any shame over the proud of the genocidal conquests, cultural obliterations, and environmental despoliation that "your people" committed. After all, they were only "Oopsies" and should be overlooked because not doing so tarnishes the halo - right?

Top Bottom