• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who is Top Contributor to Civilization?

Which race is Top Contributor to Civilization?

• Indigenous South Pacifica Islanders

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The Aztecs were barbaric compared to the Spanish. They sacrificed children to demons fo make the sun go up.
yeah burning people at the stake was far less barbaric

One of those groups towers over all the others. Whereas one struggles to think of any significant contributions to civilization from two or three of them.
Obviously you are speaking of Native Americans, whose respect for nature is a lodestar that should guide us all. Or maybe Arabic cultures, whose contribution to architecture was magnificent, and whose irrigation methods endure in the US southwest. Then again, the pre-Aztecan people did pretty good building things in Central Mexico, as well as analyzing the heavens. But let’s not forget whoever built Machu Pichu. Then again, there were the Italians, pretty good artists and composers. And can any people boast figures as the five great Jews, Moses, Jesus, Freund, Marx and Einstein? All of them could take a back seat to Louis Armstrong, who contributed so much to jazz and popular singing. He towers over quite a few.

The Spanish raped sacked and pillaged their way across the continent,
again, can you explain this leftist obsession with rape? Also they didn’t pillage or sack. They built new societies and married local women creating a new ethnicity that was Hispanic in character.
all in the name of their own sky genie. They tortured their own people in horrendous ways under the inquisition. What makes them any better at the time?
the inquisition is one of the most lied about occurrences in history. Torture was not common, most people were acquitted, in fact many of the forms of due process used in the present west were introduced in the inquisition. Also it was good that the authorities wanted to protect the souls of their subjects.
To suggest that another civilisation is ‘lower’ because its worst practices were slightly different to our worst practices shows ignorance of both.
were very worse, not merely different

No, they were not.

Reality Disconnect.JPG

I didn’t say you were wrong, I said I reject the the interpretation you read into it. Which seems to align with other comments you’ve made about how civilization made life worse
What interpretation is wrong?
God intended people to live in a state of innocence in the Garden, right? The Garden provided people with everything they needed, right? People lost their state of innocence, lost the Garden of Eden, when they learned the difference between good and evil, right? Isn't that exactly what the Bible says?
Thinking about what these stories mean does not equate questioning their veracity, It's trying to learn the message, trying to understand the lesson.
After mankind lost their innocence all the problems we've faced since started to happen. All the difficulties in our lives resulted from losing our innocence. That's what God said to Adam and Eve, right? As He evicted them from the Garden? Cain and Able became farmers, had to because now people have to earn a living, now that they've lost the Garden of Eden.
Is any of this a 'wrong interpretation'? Looks to me like a pretty accurate recounting of the story as told in Genesis.

yeah burning people at the stake was far less barbaric
Very few people were burned at the stake, it was a punishment meted out after conviction at trial. Unlike the Aztecs which mass sacrificed people at whim

The Aztecs were barbaric compared to the Spanish. They sacrificed children to demons fo make the sun go up.
The Spanish Inquisition tortured people and burned them alive.

The Spanish Inquisition tortured people and burned them alive.
Rarely, and the inquisition did not carry out any executions. Those were done by secular courts

Furthermore. Executing heretics to the Christian faith in a Christian country if they are obstinant and will not repent is not wrong, whereas mass sacrifice of humans to demons is always wrong. So false equivalence.

People who talk about the inquistion today were not alive back in the Middle Ages and cannot comprehend how people viewed the damage heretics could do to the body politic. It would be like taking up arms against the king in a society where unity was necessary to survive

People who talk about the inquistion today were not alive back in the Middle Ages and cannot comprehend how people viewed the damage heretics could do to the body politic. It would be like taking up arms against the king in a society where unity was necessary to survive
It was like being a "racist" today.

again, can you explain this leftist obsession with rape? Also they didn’t pillage or sack. They built new societies and married local women creating a new ethnicity that was Hispanic in character. the inquisition is one of the most lied about occurrences in history. Torture was not common, most people were acquitted, in fact many of the forms of due process used in the present west were introduced in the inquisition. Also it was good that the authorities wanted to protect the souls of their subjects. were very worse, not merely different

Yes the Spanish danced around the continent throwing petals and singing lullabies till everyone got along nicely. I imagine in this alternate history it was the same when Europeans came to North America. Wonder what the excuse for using Africans as slaves is going to be...

I think we ALL know:

The European White Male.
Which I dont like to toot my own horn but I *AM* a member of this great and successful demographic.

The most successful and prosperous people to ever walk the face of the earth!!!

Can I get a HELL YEAH for the European White Male?
(y) (y) 💯 💯
And what have you personally accomplished that benefits society? You really ****ing believe that your skin color makes you superior to non whites? You are by definition a racist.

No, I wouldn’t. Jazz I actually like, but I think rock and hip hop are bad for society. Pop culture broadly has been, it destroyed the traditional distinction between elite and folk cultures.
You know what's "bad for society"? those that think it's not "rape" when they rape their wives.

"What is the meaning of indigenous people?

Indigenous peoples are inheritors and practitioners of unique cultures and ways of relating to people and the environment. They have retained social, cultural, economic and political characteristics that are distinct from those of the dominant societies in which they live."

The dominant societies on Earth have and continue to **** things up beyond all repair. The industrialized world is set to pop and/or collapse and take much of Earth with it. The industrialized world can make a lot of crap, but it's shitting the nest. Humanity needs to combine indigenous wisdom and industrialism.

If you're concerned about "White power," like the OP suggests, then that's your problem (and you're outdated as ****).

You really ****ing believe that your skin color makes you superior to non whites?

I'm mighty proud of my heritage, and of the massive success of myself and my people.

We are a proud people and I like to celebrate our success. We're natural leaders, we assume the role of "leader" more often than not.
I see no reason why I shouldn't be proud of my heritage as others are encouraged to be proud of theirs.

Whats your beef fella?

I'm mighty proud of my heritage, and of the massive success of myself and my people.

We are a proud people and I like to celebrate our success. We're natural leaders, we assume the role of "leader" more often than not.
I see no reason why I shouldn't be proud of my heritage as others are encouraged to be proud of theirs.

Whats your beef fella?
And what have you personally done to be proud of? That's akin to someone who is proud just because they're Jeff Bezos cousin, yet they live in trailer and sell oxy's and meth for a living.

And what have you personally done to be proud of? That's akin to someone who is proud just because they're Jeff Bezos cousin, yet they live in trailer and sell oxy's and meth for a living.

Well Henry...the Peaceful Warrior doesnt like to brag...or boast, that just isnt me.

But lets just say its a LOT. A WHOLE LOT!!

(y) (y) 💯💯

Did I read that right guys?
I giggle at the absurdity of just about all of his posts, until I remind myself that he is serious. Except, then I think - is that even possible? Surely, he is just meta'ing a character engaged in argumentum ad absurdum, right?

Back
Top Bottom