• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Who is the racist?

RenoCon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
There seems to be some confusion as to what is or is not racist. I would like to clear some of this up:
Racist:
The 1994 Crime Bill was co-sponsored by Sen. Biden and signed into law by President Clinton:
“...the United States incarcerates more of its people — disproportionately Black — than any other nation in the world...
...but the 1994 crime bill encouraged even more punitive laws and harsher practices on the ground, including by prosecutors and police, to lock up more people and for longer periods of time.
... the 1994 law shaped Democratic Party politics for years to come. Under the leadership of Bill Clinton, Democrats wanted to wrest control of crime issues from Republicans, so the two parties began a bidding war to increase penalties for crime, trying to outdo one another. The 1994 crime bill was a key part of the Democratic strategy to show that it can be tougher-on-crime than Republicans…”
https://www.aclu.org/blog/smart-jus...1994-crime-bill-fed-mass-incarceration-crisis
Not racist:
Even the Fish Rap of Record had to admit these facts in an extensive “fact check” of Republican talking points:
“29. In 2018, President Trump signed the groundbreaking First Step Act, a criminal justice bill that enacted reforms that make our justice system fairer and help former inmates successfully return to society.

True. The Trump administration championed these reforms. Credit also goes to criminal justice reform advocates from across the political spectrum who pushed these changes for years.
32. Over 90% of those benefiting from the retroactive sentencing reductions in the First Step Act are Black Americans.
True
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/11/opinion/fact-check-trump.html
Racist:
Much attention has been rightfully devoted to bigoted comments former Vice President Joe Biden made during his Friday interview with “The Breakfast Club” when he had the audacity to say "Well I tell you what, If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black." (My emphasis)
As a black man who voted for Donald J. Trump for president in 2016, and plans to do so in 2020, no 77-year-old white man from Delaware has the right, authority or rationale to question my blackness or the blackness of millions of Americans exercising our God-given right to be free and exercise our constitutionally granted power to vote for whomever we want, even if they are Republican.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...ou-aint-black-racism-trump-column/5254434002/
Not Racist:
“However, Trump has spoken out about white supremacists several times, including days after the 2017 violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, and last year after shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio.
Within days of the violence in Charlottesville, the president made remarks from the White House, saying, “Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.”” (My emphasis)
https://nypost.com/2020/09/18/joe-biden-makes-multiple-dubious-claims-at-cnn-town-hall/
Racist:
"To me...for a lot of us, he was a mentor and a friend, and for a lot of us, he was a guide," Biden said at Byrd's funeral.

Biden gave a eulogy at the funeral of former KKK member Sen. Robert Byrd, D-W.Va. and has been much criticized for pictures he took with Byrd during the 2008 elections. The conclusion by MSN was that this accusation was “partly false” largely because Byrd was not the “Grand Wizard” of the KKK as had been claimed. Turns out Byrd was merely an “Exalted Cyclops.” In other words he was merely the elected leader of his chapter. That clears that up, doesn’t it?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/othe...s-to-kkk-but-wasnt-a-grand-wizard/ar-BB15tjQQ

Frankly, I do not think Biden is truly a racist. However, when he calls President Trump a racist during a national debate I think he needs to be called on it. And those on the left that are constantly calling President Trump a racist anytime they are losing the battle of facts, need to be called out on their hypocrisy.
Thank you for playing.

An impartial moderator would have brought this up during the debate...

Back
Top Bottom