• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who Is The Most Powerful Person In The World? Hint--It's NOT Trump

Jack2aTee

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Arguably it is Jack Dorsey, co founder and CEO of Twitter. Why? Because with a click on his computer keyboard he could effectively cut Trump's political legs off at the hips leaving him without a platform to spew his threats against Republican Congressional members who pee their pants at the thought of being on the receiving end of Trump's Twitter rampages. Imagine Trump without his Twitter account. What would he do? How could he attack his vassals in Congress without it? Answer: he couldn't. Republicans would be free to act on their consciences instead of being terrorized by Trump's Twitter venom. The dynamic of the election would do a 180 degree turns if Trump couldn't reach his base on a daily basis to cut to ribbons this House rep or that Senator who didn't tow the line Trump dictated. Jack Dorsey could do this if he cared about his country. To be fair he could cut off Biden's account too. But like any good businessman, things like political corruption and the stooges that enable it are simply not on Dorsey's radar. Only $$$$ is.

Arguably it is Jack Dorsey, co founder and CEO of Twitter. Why? Because with a click on his computer keyboard he could effectively cut Trump's political legs off at the hips leaving him without a platform to spew his threats against Republican Congressional members who pee their pants at the thought of being on the receiving end of Trump's Twitter rampages. Imagine Trump without his Twitter account. What would he do? How could he attack his vassals in Congress without it? Answer: he couldn't. Republicans would be free to act on their consciences instead of being terrorized by Trump's Twitter venom. The dynamic of the election would do a 180 degree turns if Trump couldn't reach his base on a daily basis to cut to ribbons this House rep or that Senator who didn't tow the line Trump dictated. Jack Dorsey could do this if he cared about his country. To be fair he could cut off Biden's account too. But like any good businessman, things like political corruption and the stooges that enable it are simply not on Dorsey's radar. Only $$$$ is.
There's always Facebook...and Parler as a backup, not to mention various non-Trump-hating news organizations.

Oh yeah...and Trump's rallies.

Hmmm...

Looks like Dorsey isn't all that powerful after all, does it?

Whoops...I forgot Youtube.

No. But it wouldn't be fair to neuter Trump and leave Biden's account open.

I see.
So violating Twitter's Terms of Service, which Trump has done something like 999,975,636,347,936,448,936,483,454 times, doesn't matter, just the "appearance" of even handedness, which of course is markedly different from "fairness".
Fairness would be terminating Trump's account for numerous violations and preserving Biden's account unless or until he commits similar violations.

There's always Facebook...and Parler as a backup, not to mention various non-Trump-hating news organizations.

Oh yeah...and Trump's rallies.

Hmmm...

Looks like Dorsey isn't all that powerful after all, does it?

Whoops...I forgot Youtube.

Facebook hasn't got the platform Trump likes and is most effective on, which is exactly why he is on Twitter and not on Facebook. Nobody knows parler or whatever that is. And it takes too much time to get to news outlets and even more time to organize a rally.

Nope. Closing Trump's Twitter account would effectively neutralize his Svengali hold over Congressional leaders and supporters.

I see.
So violating Twitter's Terms of Service, which Trump has done something like 999,975,636,347,936,448,936,483,454 times, doesn't matter, just the "appearance" of even handedness, which of course is markedly different from "fairness".
Fairness would be terminating Trump's account for numerous violations and preserving Biden's account unless or until he commits similar violations.

We wouldn't want to give Trump and his minions the slightest reason to scream "Foul!" and believe me they would unless either Twitter temporarily shut down Biden's account or more desirably Biden simply shut down his account until after the election.

We wouldn't want to give Trump and his minions the slightest reason to scream "Foul!" and believe me they would unless either Twitter temporarily shut down Biden's account or more desirably Biden simply shut down his account until after the election.

Let him scream.

Facebook hasn't got the platform Trump likes and is most effective on, which is exactly why he is on Twitter and not on Facebook. Nobody knows parler or whatever that is. And it takes too much time to get to news outlets and even more time to organize a rally.

Nope. Closing Trump's Twitter account would effectively neutralize his Svengali hold over Congressional leaders and supporters.
I don't think you know anything about Facebook OR Parler.

Facebook

Opera Snapshot_2020-09-22_125020_www.facebook.com.png

And that's just HIS FB page. Thirty-one million followers. There's also his campaign FB page.

Parler

Opera Snapshot_2020-09-22_125442_www.parler.com.png

Only 1.3 million followers, but as I said...a backup.

I don't think you know anything about Facebook OR Parler.

Facebook

View attachment 67296064

And that's just HIS FB page. Thirty-one million followers. There's also his campaign FB page.

Parler

View attachment 67296065

Only 1.3 million followers, but as I said...a backup.

Well, it's a situation of "We'll have to cross that bridge when we come to it" but right now Trump needs Twitter like he needs his left and right bal.....er....arms.

Well, it's a situation of "We'll have to cross that bridge when we come to it" but right now Trump needs Twitter like he needs his left and right bal.....er....arms.
You won't ever arrive at that bridge and you are wrong...Trump uses Twitter, but he doesn't need Twitter.

You won't ever arrive at that bridge and you are wrong...Trump uses Twitter, but he doesn't need Twitter.

The news tells a different story:

"For the stay-in-office-at-all-cost representatives and senators, fear is the motivator," Brown said. "They are afraid that Mr. Trump might give them a nickname like 'Low Energy Jeb' and 'Lyin' Ted,' or that he might >>>>TWEET<<<<< about their disloyalty," referring to nicknames Trump gave his Republican presidential rivals Jeb Bush and Ted Cruz during his 2016 campaign."

In Private, Republicans Admit They Acquitted Trump Out of Fear

New York Times: In Private, Republicans Admit They ...

Sen. Sherrod Brown says Republicans acquitted Trump out of ...

It's the same story everywhere you read. Few members of Congress genuinely like Trump. They support him out of fear and because they believe he sustains their own political fortunes more than because they genuinely believe he's good for America.

The news tells a different story:

"For the stay-in-office-at-all-cost representatives and senators, fear is the motivator," Brown said. "They are afraid that Mr. Trump might give them a nickname like 'Low Energy Jeb' and 'Lyin' Ted,' or that he might >>>>TWEET<<<<< about their disloyalty," referring to nicknames Trump gave his Republican presidential rivals Jeb Bush and Ted Cruz during his 2016 campaign."

In Private, Republicans Admit They Acquitted Trump Out of Fear

New York Times: In Private, Republicans Admit They ...

Sen. Sherrod Brown says Republicans acquitted Trump out of ...

It's the same story everywhere you read. Few members of Congress genuinely like Trump. They support him out of fear and because they believe he sustains their own political fortunes more than because they genuinely believe he's good for America.
Oh...THAT'S the bridge you are talking about? I though you were talking about Twitter.

shrug...

Yes. Those Rep Elites SHOULD have fear...but it's not fear of Trump. It's fear of the Republican Party rank and file. Those are the people who put Trump in Office (and kicked the Republican Elite candidates to the curb). If these GOP Congressional Elites **** with Trump it'll be THEIR turn to get kicked to the curb.

If they want to keep their jobs, fear is a good thing.

Oh...THAT'S the bridge you are talking about? I though you were talking about Twitter.

shrug...

Yes. Those Rep Elites SHOULD have fear...but it's not fear of Trump. It's fear of the Republican Party rank and file. Those are the people who put Trump in Office (and kicked the Republican Elite candidates to the curb). If these GOP Congressional Elites **** with Trump it'll be THEIR turn to get kicked to the curb.

If they want to keep their jobs, fear is a good thing.

The way I understand it (maybe I'm wrong) Trump got elected purely as a fluke of the electoral system. He garnered enough mass appeal with his "drain the swamp" rhetoric (which has since grown to the size of Texas) and the electorate believed him and voted for him.

The way I understand it (maybe I'm wrong) Trump got elected purely as a fluke of the electoral system. He garnered enough mass appeal with his "drain the swamp" rhetoric (which has since grown to the size of Texas) and the electorate believed him and voted for him.
Ummm...yeah. You are wrong.

It wasn't a fluke.

Trump won because of a few things...

1. He had a set of campaign positions that resonated with a lot of voters.
2. He ran his campaign with the Electoral College in mind, since that is what actually gets a candidate the win.
3. And he got a LOT more electoral votes than Hillary, who campaigned (such as it was) with the popular vote (which never got anyone elected) in mind.
4. It also helped that Hillary was just an extremely unlikable person.

I hope Twitter cancels trumps account at 11:59 pm on November 2nd.

I was going to say: “The democrat who counts the votes!”. But, hey. That’s just me.

man, it sounds like Trump needs a Participation award or something. who cares if he breaks the rules.

Today if we're lucky. ;)
No, you want trump to keep talking he is the best thing to ever happen to the Dems, his specialty is putting his entire foot in his mouth. I just want him cut off before he gets the news he has been Fired, thinking his head will explode if he cannot vent to his minions.

The majority of people don't use twitter,

Beyonce is the most powerful person in the world. She reaches more people.

The majority of people don't use twitter,

Beyonce is the most powerful person in the world. She reaches more people.

If only Beyonce could hit a key on her keyboard and make Trump lose.

Back
Top Bottom