• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who is the most influental conservative voice in America?

Who is the most influential conservatve voice in America?

• Total voters

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Who is the most influential conservative voice in America? This isn't who do you like or dislike the most. Who do you believe influences the most conservatives with his/her books, speeches, shows, etc.?

I don't listen to him except when there are clip of outrageous stuff he says, but given his audience and the amount of listeners he has, I'd have to go with Rush.

I said Glenn Beck.

Mark Levin and Mike Church.

Chuck Norris hands down.

I voted Rush Limbaugh because he has the highest ratings and listeners amongst conservative talk radio hosts (and the radio in general). I would say he is more influential because he has a larger listening audience.

Definitely Rush Limbaugh. The GOP base follow him like flies on a garbage can. He has become the de facto spokesman for the GOP.

Definitely Rush Limbaugh. The GOP base follow him like flies on a garbage can. He has become the de facto spokesman for the GOP.

If only the GOP followed him. The GOP has broken away form their conservative, small government principals and have become more moderate and compromising with their core beliefs. Rush is heavily critical of the GOP as well as Democrats.

I'd say beck has become the most influential.

I didn't say anything about the GOP. I would agree that Rush is most influential with the members of the GOP. I'm talking about independents, Reps, Dems, Libertarians....whoever....that are conservatives.

I'd say beck has become the most influential.
Beck is the loudest, and becoming the most visable to the mainstream because he goes on the attack. However most conservatives I talk to feel that his message is not what we need because of the snotty rhetorical methods he uses. Rush is still the man as far as conservative and constitutional thinking goes.

I didn't say anything about the GOP. I would agree that Rush is most influential with the members of the GOP. I'm talking about independents, Reps, Dems, Libertarians....whoever....that are conservatives.
Actually, the GOP partisans don't fall completely in line with Rush because he will attack them as well if necessary, he is more in line with actual conservatives rather than any particular party.

Glenn Beck of course. Plus, he is one of the few conservative opinion leaders who defends his stances with good arguments. I may not agree with him in most things, but I recognize his good qualities.

Glenn Beck of course. Plus, he is one of the few conservative opinion leaders who defends his stances with good arguments. I may not agree with him in most things, but I recognize his good qualities.
Beck does land good points, the problem is he relies too heavily on hyperbole and an "in your face" style, which is fine if you are a conservative, agree with the logic, know he's factually correct, and thus can sit back and laugh. The problem is that when others need to hear the message and absorb it to figure out where they stand, they will be turned off at being the butt of his jokes, or feel slighted in some other way and will automatically tune him out. In this way he is neither a good representative of nor an effective communicator of the message.

Probably Krauthammer or Drudge.

People like Beck and Rush convey a message to millions, but they're not the ones who develop that message.

People like Beck and Rush convey a message to millions, but they're not the ones who develop that message.
Krauthammer and Drudge have a limited impact in a way, I voted Rush because of the size of his audience and the fact that he is much more palatable than Beck. If it were due to actual formative input I'd have to go with Alan Keys, Walter E. Williams, George Will, and a few other great minds in the conservative arena.

With out Beck and Limbaugh their ideas would not get around as much.

I figured Rush, since any time a GOP official has said anything negative about him, they've been forced to apologize (i.e. Steele)

Glenn Beck? Rush Limbaugh? Sarah Palin?
Who knows? Who cares?
They're all a bunch of unrelatable, fringe element extremist clowns.
Not one of them presently fit to hold public office.
I recently read an article which described the GOP as a "headless turkey".
I think that's pretty apt.
Difference between me and most people is that they've always appeared that way to me, while most others are just now opening their eyes to the fact.

Why are people so obsessed with this? I don't think we have any one Most influencial. Sometimes Rush, sometimes Glenn, sometimes Chris Christy, Jendal, Mark Levin, Steve King, Michelle Bachman. Why does the left insist we chose one? Chris Mathews drives me crazy with this always screaming Who's your leader?? Is it Rush!!! Blah Blah Blah
Who's the most influential Liberal voice?
Jon Stewart, Maddow, Huffington, Ed, Mathews?? Is it Mahr?? Colmes?? Soros?

With out Beck and Limbaugh their ideas would not get around as much.
This is a sad reality. Not that I don't like Rush, rather enjoy his show but more that the originators of great thought are not capable of being heard in the appropriate manner.

Back
Top Bottom