• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who is the most famous person you've ever met?

Smeagol

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
When I was in college I had the chance to meet some recording artists in an emerging musical genre, which became known later as hip hop. The most famous today are LL Cool J and Run-DMC.

I've also met a few NFL players, a former Lt. Governor, 3 members of congress, 2 mayors, a now deceased broadcast (big 3) network news anchor and Rev. Billy Graham although I'm sure he doesn't remember me.

I got to sort of heckle John Ashcroft when he made an appearance at my college one time, but that's honestly about it. :shrug:

I have met several famous people, particularly politicians. When I lived in DC I used to meet formally and bump into different people in odd places, especially around the FBO at Reagan National.

I guess Carl Edwards is probably the most famous person I've ever met. Other than that, I don't think I've ever met anyone that anyone else on here would've heard of.

Well, I didn't actually meet them, but I was about 5 feet away from Boyz II Men in the airport in Buffalo. They seemed cool, talking to people, signing autographs and stuff. My husband met Leonardo Di Caprio in DC. Said he was a really nice guy. Just talked to them like they had been friends for a long time.

My Mp Dr. Kellie Leitch she is now Labour and Status of Women Minister.

i've met a few famous people.

in the early 2000s, my band opened for Loverboy. we were double booked that night, so they came to our second show. Mike Reno came up and played drums while I sang Roadhouse Blues. while i was singing, i thought about how impressed nine year old Helix would have been.

6829_174524169771_3343834_n.jpg

I also got to meet CC DeVille a couple years ago. it was just sort of a chance thing; he was very gracious and cool.

ccandiuew.jpg

When I worked as a Herballife distributor some time ago I met 2 VIPs that were multimillionaires. From one I have an autograph and from the other i sat down at dinner since I won a competition.
I met Florin Talpes, CEO of Bitdefender antivirus when I attended a conference he held at my university. Asked him a question, said it was a good one, so that counts.
I met 2 mayors of my city, with 1 I shook hands at the opening of an event organized by the NGO I was part of. I was also part of the main team who organized it so yeah.

Internationally known celebrities, well, if you count the CEO of Bitdefender, then that's that. I think, I can't remember anyone else.

One famous person I've met is OJ (at the Tiki Bar in the Keys), the woman I was with asked him how it felt to twist the knife in his wife.

I, along with several others, had a meeting with Hillary Clinton

Hung out with Rev Al Sharpton during a blues cruise featuring Albert Collins. This was before he became (in)famous

The oddest famous person I have ever met was Spanky McFarland from the Little Rascals when I was a kid and he was old as dirt. He was doing a lecture appearance and I got dragged to it by the parents. The only thing I really remember was that it was funny to see all these grandparent age people going gaga over him and he told a story how the actor who played Alfalfa (I think that was the one) used to piss on the lights when he didn't feel like working. Apparently back then if one klieg light blew, the whole line of lights all did the way they were wired and it took hours to replace them all and be ready to film again.

When I was in college I had the chance to meet some recording artists in an emerging musical genre, which became known later as hip hop. The most famous today are LL Cool J and Run-DMC.

I've also met a few NFL players, a former Lt. Governor, 3 members of congress, 2 mayors, a now deceased broadcast (big 3) network news anchor and Rev. Billy Graham although I'm sure he doesn't remember me.
319897_10150902765660201_1569354668_n.jpg

Unfortunately it was John Kerry... He visited our COP in afghanistan for about 20 minutes. I'm on the right, not looking real enthused.

The guy was a complete dick. He was very rude and had zero respect.

Probably Richard Hammond, he was a nice bloke. He is as short as they say though.
Other than him, I'm due to meet the MP Jesse Norman when he has free time I've been waiting since April 2012. :lol:

The oddest famous person I have ever met was Spanky McFarland from the Little Rascals when I was a kid and he was old as dirt. He was doing a lecture appearance and I got dragged to it by the parents. The only thing I really remember was that it was funny to see all these grandparent age people going gaga over him and he told a story how the actor who played Alfalfa (I think that was the one) used to piss on the lights when he didn't feel like working. Apparently back then if one klieg light blew, the whole line of lights all did the way they were wired and it took hours to replace them all and be ready to film again.

:lol: I loved Little Rascals. Alfalfa actually died from a gunshot wound from his stepfather when he was like 30.

I met Aziz Ansari a couple of years ago during SXSW. I've met quite a few not quite famous musicians. I've also met Tom Arnold, he used to do a charity dinner for the kids at a treatment center I worked at in San Diego.

:lol: I loved Little Rascals. Alfalfa actually died from a gunshot wound from his stepfather when he was like 30.

Yeah I read about that when I was trying to make sure I remembered spanky's last name right. I didn't read that it was a relative though, just a fight over a reward for a dog and that he had pulled a switchblade on the guy. He apparently spent the reward money before he collected it and was mad the guy didn't pony it up on the spot. It sounded like the guy was aiming for his tallywhacker.

I also recalled something else. When they were really little, it was almost like reality shows are filmed today. They would just set up situations and a lot of it was just kids doing whatever kids would do in that situation and they would create a storyline out of it since the little kids couldn't remember their lines at that age.

I have meet Richard Betts of the Allman Brothers band back stage at Boston Gardens, Gerald Ford at the Beaver Creek ski resort, Patrick Janssens the Mayor of Antwerp Belgium at a hotel I worked at and I went to High school and hung out with Billy West ( Ren and Stimpy voices and many other TV cartoon voices).
A fairly odd and disparate collection of famous people

I worked in Hollywood so I met a few famous people just kind of in passing on the lot...Robin Williams, Bruce Willis, Kevin Costner, Jack Nickelson, Bette Midler, Michelle Phieffer, Ellen DeGeneris, Geena Davis. But my most memorable was sharing a room for a week at a hiking retreat with Gregory Peck's daughter, Cecilia. She was so down to earth and personable, I really liked her. I also met Anne Archer there, meh. I met Ben Kingsley at a party, very nice and elegant man. Sam Shepard hit on me at a bar. Played a game of pool with Cary Ewles. Went on a date with Steve Jones of the Sex Pistols. David Carradine at a party. I also went hiking a couple times with two of the wives of Motley Crue, but I can't remember their names. But since I mostly worked in animation, I met and/or worked with Steven Spielberg, Jim Henson, Matt Groening, John Krisfaluci (good friend), Haim Sabon (he became very powerful politically)..... There are others but thats who comes to mind at the moment. Most people I actually knew as friends worked behind the scenes such as producers, writers, editors, set designers, animators, etc.

PS I went to HS with Karl Rove. lol

Last edited:
I've shaken hands with Prince Charles, if that counts as meeting someone.

319897_10150902765660201_1569354668_n.jpg

Unfortunately it was John Kerry... He visited our COP in afghanistan for about 20 minutes. I'm on the right, not looking real enthused.

The guy was a complete dick. He was very rude and had zero respect.

It doesn't matter if Kerry is wind surfing, in front of Congress back stabbing the American soldier, on a swift boat or in Afghanistan, he always looks like a class act dork.

I worked for the BBC for many years, so I met a lot of fairly famous people, probably too numerous to list here. I think that the most famous person I ever met, or am ever likely to meet, was Princess Diana. Not the brightest button, but still a gracious and good-hearted lady. This was in about 1993, just after the Squidgygate scandal, and I remember her making quite a good joke about how she thought she was becoming a republican. I recall thinking that that was quite a gutsy and dangerous thing to joke about in the company of half-a-dozen TV types.

Back
Top Bottom