• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who is the God that Jesus worshipped?

Valery

Reaction score
John 20:17 "Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

Here Jesus عليه السلام is not only saying he is going to his father. If he did, I'm sure the trinitarian would only say: "it's his human nature that goes to the Father because he's the son.." and something about symbolisms with the nuclear family of man.

But he then says, "My god and your God."

We have to skip the obvious: HE SAID MY GOD. God doesn't say "my God", but this is for trinitarians. They think it's okay for God to say "my God." 🙃

So I guess this is where trinitarians say, "so?? He did go to "god" (trinitarians think all three persons of God are all wholly God.).

But then at 1 Corinthians 8:4 Paul says
"As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one."

5 "For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)"

I know here the trinitarians will still say: "He means the whole being of God, the three together. That's the ONE."

But then it gets interesting..

6 "But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him."

Who is the God that Jesus worshipped?

A Canaanite volcano god named Yahweh.

John 20:17 "Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

Here Jesus عليه السلام is not only saying he is going to his father. If he did, I'm sure the trinitarian would only say: "it's his human nature that goes to the Father because he's the son.." and something about symbolisms with the nuclear family of man.

We have to skip the obvious: HE SAID MY GOD. God doesn't say "my God", but this is for trinitarians. They think it's okay for God to say "my God." 🙃

So I guess this is where trinitarians say, "so?? He did go to "god" (trinitarians think all three persons of God are all wholly God.).

"As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one."

5 "For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)"

I know here the trinitarians will still say: "He means the whole being of God, the three together. That's the ONE."

6 "But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him."
Jesus made the distinction very clear, as does the complete Bible...even Revelation mentions Jesus sitting at the right hand of God, meaning Jesus is 2nd in power, always has been, always will be...

Why does a muslim think he's going to talk christians out of being christian on an internet forum?
This is the Theology forum, after all...

Well, you can quote everything that shows Jesus the Son referring to the Father as another "person,"
but it's all been explained. They don't change the Truth.

This is the Truth.
In a nutshell:

Jesus (The Word), is God in human form - who came to us as the Son of God (Messiah).

Jesus/God as the Son, had shown us through example, the importance of obedience to God (through the relationship between a son and a father -
a kind of relationship that humans can easily relate with).

Last edited:
Jesus/God as the Son, had shown us through example, the importance of obedience to God (through the relationship between a son and a father - a kind of relationship that humans can easily relate with).
You have a low opinion of man's intellect?

This is an excuse. There's no basis for it in the Bible.

There are SEVERAL JEsus's. There is the baby/child. There is the evangelizing. There is the Jesus the went to hell for three days. There is his general reign in peoples lives. There is the angry and not gonna have it anymore Jesus.

In the beginning, was the word etc. Jesus till he was made flesh, was the PHYSICAL and spiritual power center, that acted upon the universe. His essence was the stuff of everything. God was the theory of forms. OR, the blueprint in the heavens. The holy spirit came much later. As a conduit to communicate with humans. Before the holy spirit, it required an angel to act as messenger.

The relationship of these portions, is a mystery. Using family, and masculinity, is but a shadow of the reality.

Well, you can quote everything that shows Jesus the Son referring to the Father as another "person,"
but it's all been explained. They don't change the Truth.

This is the Truth.
In a nutshell:

Jesus (The Word), is God in human form - who came to us as the Son of God (Messiah).

Jesus/God as the Son, had shown us through example, the importance of obedience to God (through the relationship between a son and a father -
a kind of relationship that humans can easily relate with).
JEsus had quite a few chores before he was made human, such as EVERYTHING.

There are SEVERAL JEsus's. There is the baby/child. There is the evangelizing. There is the Jesus the went to hell for three days. There is his general reign in peoples lives. There is the angry and not gonna have it anymore Jesus.

In the beginning, was the word etc. Jesus till he was made flesh, was the PHYSICAL and spiritual power center, that acted upon the universe. His essence was the stuff of everything. God was the theory of forms. OR, the blueprint in the heavens. The holy spirit came much later. As a conduit to communicate with humans. Before the holy spirit, it required an angel to act as messenger.

The relationship of these portions, is a mystery. Using family, and masculinity, is but a shadow of the reality.
Crazy talk...we're not talking about a magician here but a divine being...SMH...

You shall read

Philippians 2:11

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

You shall read

Philippians 2:11

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

And in context...verses 9 and 10 of that chapter...Jesus's position and power were all given to him by God...

"For this very reason, God exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every other name, so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend—of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground— "

Back
Top Bottom