• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who is the future of the Republican Party?

What Republican Leaders will have the most influence in the GOP?

• Total voters
I like Mitt Romney but dare I say it? Establishment! Where has he been for the last 14 months? QUIET is where !! What I wish for is that the conservatives take back the Republican party but I can wish, can't I? ;)

Where has he been? sitting back and watching the polls to determine where he should stand on the issues......a leader he is not....

Why hasn't anyone mentioned Tim Pawlenty? I didn't really think much of him until I read up on him through ontheissues.org and wikipedia, and he pretty umch holds all the same conservative ideas I hold. I love what he's done to balance budgets, not cutting the wrong things, and getting rid of all the crap. Does anyone else think of him as a potential front runner later in his political career?

I asked for proof, not biased opinions.

LOL... those are his words and he is acting in accordance with these beliefs.... which are listed... they are not opiniojn, but a record of his devious behavior.

It is why his numbers have sunken like a rock in the ocean.

LOL... those are his words and he is acting in accordance with these beliefs.... which are listed... they are not opiniojn, but a record of his devious behavior.

It is why his numbers have sunken like a rock in the ocean.

What's an opiniojn? Is that like an onion?:wink3:

I'll agree, except we still have the Electoral College. Dems want to kill that too.

FDR's institution of the Raw Deal and corrupting the Supreme Court were political atom bombs we have yet to recover from.

Agreed. We are still stuck fighting this idiotic class warfare stuff, stuck with identity politics and anti-individualist policies. It sucks.

Sarah palin unfortunately say good bye to evolution, cloning, stem cells, abortion, separation of church and state, science, and general intelligence

Sarah palin unfortunately say good bye to evolution, cloning, stem cells, abortion, separation of church and state, science, and general intelligence

Palin's followers represent a minority of the GOP. If they represented more then that, she wouldn't have placed so low on the straw poll. On top of that, the glamour of Palin has worn off.

she represents a majority of the gops beliefs there just afraid to say it i live in the deep south there opinions exactly

she represents a majority of the gops beliefs there just afraid to say it i live in the deep south there opinions exactly

And the deep south is representative of the republican party as a whole?

And the deep south is representative of the republican party as a whole?

just listen to republican rhetoric theyre appealing to the core supporters those in the south

just listen to republican rhetoric theyre appealing to the core supporters those in the south

There is a key difference between rhetoric, and action. And since the GOP has become the Party of No, they lose a lot of independent votes, and for various other reasons.

There is a key difference between rhetoric, and action. And since the GOP has become the Party of No, they lose a lot of independent votes, and for various other reasons.

How can the Republicans lose votes for opposing bad bills? If the Democrats keep putting up dangerous legislation, the Republicans score points with Independents and Libertarians by serving as the opposition.

I like Gary Johnson and Ron Paul but according to some polls Palin is the favorite for the GOP.

Huckabee or Huckleberry, ah, what's his name, might wind up as a surprise candidate. He is kind of folksy and cornball and is one of the notable republican candidates that I can stand.:popcorn2:

I’d like to see Ron Paul types take over the GOP.

Huckabee or Huckleberry, ah, what's his name, might wind up as a surprise candidate. He is kind of folksy and cornball and is one of the notable republican candidates that I can stand.:popcorn2:

Seems like a nice guy but I can't stand him for the most part, to much of a bible thumper. If you actually think the Earth is 6,000 years old then you are not intelligent enough to be president.

Seems like a nice guy but I can't stand him for the most part, to much of a bible thumper. If you actually think the Earth is 6,000 years old then you are not intelligent enough to be president.

You do have a valid point there.

I voted Palin because I see that as the level of sentiment the republican party has sunk to.. However I think a renaming of the poll is appropriate.. It should be more like “OMG, the republican party is a mess look at the choices we have to pick from” which should also include a host of fox news talking heads.

Last edited:
I voted Palin because I see that as the level of sentiment the republican party has sunk to.. However I think a renaming of the poll is appropriate.. It should be more like “OMG, the republican party is a mess look at the choices we have to pick from” which should also include a host of fox news talking heads.

I hope the she wins the primaries, the media then will squash her again and show just how incompetent she is.

I hope the she wins the primaries, the media then will squash her again and show just how incompetent she is.

lmao, yeah this is what I was thinking.

I think Ron Paul could win it depending on the major issues facing the country in 2012. If it comes down to cutting spending, civil liberties, etc Paul has a great shot. Hopefully Fox News doesn't turn on him like they did in 2008. They have him on sometimes, but they seem to always ask his age. Wonder why that is...

I would love to see Ron Paul get the nomination in 2012; I would definitely vote for him. It seems to me though that if he gets the nomination it will be more of a grassroots campaign given he is at odds with the neoconservatives currently in charge of the party.

Back
Top Bottom