• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who is responsible for the explosions in the two Baltic Sea gas pipelines?

My prime suspect is ....

• Russia

Votes: 36 78.3%
  • some other country

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • some NGO

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • somebody else

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • natural causes

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
Guess that's why the MAGA crowd blamed Obama and now Biden while claiming tRump was the greatest President of all time... ✌️
Like Hitler was called GRÖFAZ = Größter Führer aller Zeiten = Greatest Leader of All Time! :) :cool:

I doubt it.
I suspect it was bad old Vladimir.
Is Putin that underhanded? I would think that if he did it, he'd be the first to explain his actions to everyone.

I would think that if he did it, he'd be the first to explain his actions to everyone.
Sometimes he does - sometime he doesn't.
Putin is not so clear and easy and simple as all that .....

Is Putin that underhanded? I would think that if he did it, he'd be the first to explain his actions to everyone.
Well, several of his critics were taken out by bizarre methods- isotope poisoning in other countries. Never admitted anything even when the evidence pointed back to Russia. He is a product of the KGB, sneaky shit was his bread and butter back in the day... ✌️

Well, several of his critics were taken out by bizarre methods- isotope poisoning in other countries. Never admitted anything even when the evidence pointed back to Russia. He is a product of the KGB, sneaky shit was his bread and butter back in the day... ✌️
Exactly - so it is precisely!

Europe’s economic impetus for ever seeking peace with Russia has been seriously undermined, if not literally destroyed. Someone has taken it upon themselves to demolish the remaining bridges between the two. Until now, there was always a chance of reconciliation. Russian President Vladimir Putin said himself recently that all the EU needed to do to pull itself out of its self-imposed energy crisis was to push the button on its gas supply from Russia and drop the anti-Russian sanctions that prevent it from doing so.

Someone has taken it upon themselves to demolish the remaining bridges between the two.
Nobody wants to know who that somebody is..
But I suspect that his name starts with P and ends with "utin".

This one's easy: Russia
This could be called an act of war.
Roadvirus:

Russia intentionally and covertly damaging its own gas export pipeline systems seems hard enough to swallow. How would Russia sabotaging its own pipeline systems be an act of war? Or am I misunderstanding your comment?

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Repairs to Nord Stream could take months. Sanctions make all necessary repairs impossible unless the parties come to a definite decision. Europe may go through the winter heating season saving and reducing gas consumption while purchasing liquefied natural gas. Without Gazprom's pipes, winters in Europe are never going to be easy and warm.

Repairs to Nord Stream could take months. Sanctions make all necessary repairs impossible unless the parties come to a definite decision. Europe may go through the winter heating season saving and reducing gas consumption while purchasing liquefied natural gas. Without Gazprom's pipes, winters in Europe are never going to be easy and warm.

If we go nuclear Europe won't have to worry about the cold. It will be very hot. VERY hot.

Now 14 out of 17 say: Russia.
But why?
What interest may Russia has in this?

Russia knows those pipes are useless but does not want to spend money on upkeep. They destroy them and then they do not have to pay for upkeep.

Russia is as greedy as anybody else.

So far 5 say: Russia.

Who suspects otherwise?
What reasons does any one think Russia would blow up their own pipeline? If Russia wanted to cut the supply of gas/oil to Europe all they had to do was shut off the pipeline at the source. It would be a lot cheaper to do that than repairing a pipeline deep under water. Now think of who want the pipe line cut....Not Europe who depends on Russian oil/gas.....who beside the US if self who wants to sell gas to Europe.

Russia knows those pipes are useless but does not want to spend money on upkeep. They destroy them and then they do not have to pay for upkeep.

Russia is as greedy as anybody else.
Destroying their own pipeline would cut off a major supply of foreign current to support their war effort in Ukraine. Gad.....^^^

Destroying their own pipeline would cut off a major supply of foreign current to support their war effort in Ukraine. Gad.....^^^

Perhaps you are correct. I thought about this and one sure way to hurt Russia is to take away its ability to make money. If this is what happened, it was likely M16; although, I would not put it past the Russians to cut off their nose to spite their face.

Who is responsible for the explosions in the two Baltic Sea gas pipelines?

Who is your prime suspect?
I dislike guessing about this kind of thing.
Far better to wait and see what is revealed.

But it was obviously trained demolition dolphins, covertly landed from a xeno invasion force hidden on the dark side of the moon.

Far better to wait and see what is revealed.
Do you always stay quiet and never ask what might be the cause of something?
Are you never curious about anything?

But it was obviously trained demolition dolphins, covertly landed from a xeno invasion force hidden on the dark side of the moon.
I could easily invent about 100000000000000000000000000000000000 other such cheap ideas.
But the thing is:
I do not find this topic a laughing matter - and I am serously interested in it.

Back
Top Bottom