• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who is responsible for the explosions in the two Baltic Sea gas pipelines?

My prime suspect is ....

• Russia

Votes: 36 78.3%
  • some other country

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • some NGO

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • somebody else

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • natural causes

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Sabotage is the most likely cause of leaks in two Baltic Sea gas pipelines between Russia and Europe, European leaders have said, after seismologists reported explosions around the Nord Stream pipelines.

A seismograph on the Danish island of Bornholm, near where the leaks occurred, twice recorded spikes on Monday, the day on which the Nord Stream 1 and 2 gas pipelines underwent dramatic falls in pressure, the German geological research centre GFZ said.

A Danish military flight over the leaks brought back striking images from the ruptures, including one showing an area of bubbling gas a kilometre wide on the sea’s surface.

Who is your prime suspect?

We do not know it yet for certain.
But we can guess.

Lots of speculation, but if anyone has any direct evidence, they are not releasing it.

We may never know.

But you can be sure that the various factions will use this to bolster their narrative.

Me? I don't care.

Donald Trump and his supporters. You can blame them for the Florida hurricane too and whatever else comes up. As a wise man once said, "To recognize a problem shows discernment. To blame someone else for the problem shows great political potential."

So far 5 say: Russia.

Who suspects otherwise?

No one thinks the US did this?

Donald Trump and his supporters. You can blame them for the Florida hurricane too and whatever else comes up. As a wise man once said, "To recognize a problem shows discernment. To blame someone else for the problem shows great political potential."

Have they accepted the results of the explosion?

Some comments:

European commission president Ursula Von der Leyen said the leaks were due to “sabotage”, and threatened the “strongest possible response” to any deliberate disruption of European energy infrastructure.

“Any deliberate disruption of active European energy infrastructure is unacceptable and will lead to the strongest possible response,” she warned, and urged and investigation to get full clarity on the “events and why”.

Danish prime minister Mette Frederiksen described them as “deliberate acts”, adding: “We are not talking about an accident.”

US secretary of state Antony Blinken has spoken to Danish foreign minister Jeppe Kofod about the “apparent sabotage”, said US state department spokesman Ned Price late on Tuesday. “The United States remains united with our allies and partners in our commitment to promoting European energy security,” he said.

Polish prime minister Mateusz Morawiecki said the leaks were an act of sabotage that “probably marks the next step of escalation of the situation in Ukraine”.

Sweden’s outgoing prime minister, Magdalena Andersson, said “there have been detonations” although foreign minister Ann Linde said they would not “speculate on motives or actors”.

2 out of 10 now say:

somebody else​

It still is a mystery or a puzzle or a riddle or an enigma.

I don't know and will not speculate except to say that Russia had the means to shut the pipelines down without having to damage them. Why blow up what you can turn off at the tap? This is all very murky.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Personally, I think this has CIA written all over it.

(That or Hunter Biden.)

The United States. There is very little doubt in my mind. Btw, it's disingenuous to not put the U.S. in your poll.

Not a fan of Tucker Carlson, but for once he summarizes what I already knew:

Option 6: not enough information yet.

MI6. Military Intelligence, section six; a former official and present-day popular name for the intelligence and espionage agency of the British Government.

I don't know and will not speculate except to say that Russia had the means to shut the pipelines down without having to damage them. Why blow up what you can turn off at the tap? This is all very murky.
It is mystery or a puzzle or a riddle or an enigma - as I said .....

Back
Top Bottom