• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who Is More Credible?

Who Is More Credible?

• Total voters
It is all a part of the vast right-wing conspiracy

maduyu.jpg

Who'd a thunk America would elect an affirmative action President (twice fer christ's sakes) that would side with terrorists?

5vq0if.jpg

junior moron would do the same thing

although he had declared crusade against them

l know you know it

I do not believe that Assad ordered usage of chemical weapons. In my opinion, it most likely was the "rebels," though could have been a rogue military commander.

I don't think chemical weapons has anything to do with whether or not the USA goes to war against Syria. Historically, the USA government uses some incident as reason to give Congress and the public why we have to go to war. Usually those reasons proved ultimately to be lies or false.
No, North Vietnam did not attack one of our ships.
No, the Spanish did not sink the Maine.
Yes, the Lusitania was a transporting massive amounts of munitions
No, Iraq did not have WMDs...

I do not believe anything coming out from the Obama Administration nor military/intelligence spokespersons about Syria. They want to attack. They will say anything to justify it.

You would think MOST people will recognize we do NOT receive truthful information about WMDs in terms of why are told we are going to war against another country that has done nothing to us nor threatened us in any way.

The civil war in Syria is a proxy war for many countries and many organizations. This list of who is involved on both sides is massive. That there is a proxy fight going on and the military industrial complex and our military isn't making ANY money or promotions off of it? Unthinkable!

Actually, I am. Putin has a reputation and a record of deliberate deception. Obama has a reputation and record of ineptitude and incompetence. You merely asked the wrong question.

Obama has a record of being a liar. I don't believe either of them in terms of personal integrity. They both will say anything at the moment for whatever serves their goals.

I'm confident the White House would like this to be a citizenship loyalty acid test of whether you support the USA or Russia in deciding about going to war against Syria - when that has NOTHING to do with whether we should go to war against another country.

It will be interesting to see how many Democrats remain blindly loyal to Obama if he goes this far as a warlord beating the drums for war against some relative-to-us defenseless country that poises no dangers to us whatsoever.

I'm gonna go with Lord Voldemort.

Like for the Harry Potter reference but not the comparison...Lord Voldemort killed Dumbledore so he is very loathesome and evil, neither Obama nor Putin killed Dumbledore so they are okay :yes:

As for the OP I'm going to have to side with my President, he has nothing to gain by attacking Syria, Putin has everything to gain by lying about the rebels.

Vladimir has 70 billion stashed away so he's only in it for Mother Russia or his ego? Prolly both.
The Bamster is going to be unemployed in 1159 days, 9 hours, 2 minutes, 51 seconds

On the whole I tend to believe that Obama is probably more truthful on this specific incident (which doesn't mean I agree with what he's proposing to do), but that doesn't mean I consider him very credible overall.

That's like asking what tastes better in a comparison between maggot infested rotten bologna, and a sweaty giraffe dong.

what do you prefer? :lol:

cyrlec ,they are both decent and unreliable ? :mrgreen:

With all due respect, you don't understand. Which is a good thing: I wouldn't wish on anyone this kind of understanding - that comes only from experience.

Let me illustrate.

When I was a kid, growing up on the sooty northern outskirts of Moscow, there wasn't anything "zierlich manierlich" about our "social interactions". My American friends will understand a comparison with South Bronx...I guess there must be a "hood" like that in Constantinople or Ankara as well...Insults were flying around, fierce territorial competition turning even 10-year-olds into little gangsters, all that...Ethnic slurs, suggestions of most gruesome deviancy, graphic descriptions of your mother's sexual practices - - - well, not pretty, and sometimes truly dangerous, but nothing an honest fistfight and a couple of black eyes could not solve...usually.

Now... if anyone - any of the little kids in that blighted tiny corner of the Soviet empire - would say "Your father works for the KGB" - that would be it. Crash. All music stops now. This is an entirely different level. If the accusation turns out to be false, nobody will ever talk to the accuser again. Literally. If true...I am not 10 anymore, and I know now that children are not responsible for what their parents might have done. But I do remember how my 10-year-old street-urchin self reacted to one such revelation: "What?! X is a KGB spawn?! But...but...we were supposed to fight tonight, till the first blood, etc-?! Touching a KGB boy, in any way?! I would rather clean latrines, with my bare hands, for the rest of my life!..."

Like for the Harry Potter reference but not the comparison...Lord Voldemort killed Dumbledore so he is very loathesome and evil, neither Obama nor Putin killed Dumbledore so they are okay :yes:

As for the OP I'm going to have to side with my President, he has nothing to gain by attacking Syria, Putin has everything to gain by lying about the rebels.

???

Running the Russians out of Syrian. Tens of BILLIONS to be made off going to war against Syria. Keeping the military complex happy. Not crossing the neocons in the CIA/NSA. Diversion from economic and domestic issues. Gaining war patriotic support as people get to "pick" between the USA and him or Putin and Russia - to just name a few things Obama gains.

Now news is out that Russia has a 100 page report showing that it was the rebels who did the gasing, not Assad. Putin has said, it makes little logical sense for Assad to attack his own people when the momentum has been in his favor and knowing that the world would come down hard, especially the US.

Russia says it's compiled 100-page report blaming Syrian rebels for a chemical weapons attack | McClatchy

So who is more credible? Obama or Putin?

They are both politicians so the answer is neither.

I'll let the partisans have that menu. This is nothing more than political posturing, where both sides are wrong for reasons they'll never understand.

I know this will ruin my good friend Cy's morning blintzes but, We know Obama is a liar. We know he has misled us. We know he has went behind our backs, he's a shyster, we know this. We also know about Putin. We know what the US Government wants us to know about him. That's what we know about him. And yet people still believe. People still refuse to believe, people enjoy the illusion...

Well, since Obama hasn't released a series of bare-chested photo ops in which he has claimed to kill a tiger (which was already dead), catch a giant fish (that was prepared for the photo shoot by others), faking a karate throw, sleeping in the snow with wolves, posing with a dead polar bear (which he did not kill), etc., then I'm gonna go with Obama's credibility over Putin.

1. the only reason that the tiger was already dead was because it knew Putin was hunting it, and it died of terror. ditto for the polar bear.

2. putin left the opening ceremony of the Olympics to go invade a country. cmon. That's Panache.

I know this will ruin my good friend Cy's morning blintzes but, We know Obama is a liar. We know he has misled us. We know he has went behind our backs, he's a shyster, we know this. We also know about Putin. We know what the US Government wants us to know about him. That's what we know about him. And yet people still believe. People still refuse to believe, people enjoy the illusion...

1. Obama is a politician.
1a. despite what people think about his speaking abilities, however, he's actually a pretty crappy liar. He (and those around him, who feed the self-regard) forgets that not everyone will simply accept whatever he tells them, and so they always underestimate their need for support and underestimate the willingness of others to highlight discordant facts.

2. Putin, however, is not only a politician, he's a former KGB operative. The man can not only lie, he can lie so well that you would sell your mother to defend the lie, and then he would force you to actually sell your mother, only because it would entertain him in between staring kodiak bears to death.

Honestly, I'm saying this as a guy who thinks the man is an amateurish boob who found his way into office by a horrible confluence of factors, Obama is more credible here than Putin is.

Fail. Severus Snape killed Dumbledore. It is known.

1. Obama is a politician.
1a. despite what people think about his speaking abilities, however, he's actually a pretty crappy liar. He (and those around him, who feed the self-regard) forgets that not everyone will simply accept whatever he tells them, and so they always underestimate their need for support and underestimate the willingness of others to highlight discordant facts.

2. Putin, however, is not only a politician, he's a former KGB operative. The man can not only lie, he can lie so well that you would sell your mother to defend the lie, and then he would force you to actually sell your mother, only because it would entertain him in between staring kodiak bears to death.

Honestly, I'm saying this as a guy who thinks the man is an amateurish boob who found his way into office by a horrible confluence of factors, Obama is more credible here than Putin is.

I don't know, ....something about a guy who lets his own NSA run around like the KGB spying on all us little folk, using the IRS to crush political dissent... Sounds even odds to me...

I don't know, ....something about a guy who lets his own NSA run around like the KGB spying on all us little folk, using the IRS to crush political dissent... Sounds even odds to me...

Not even close. Obama probably isn't terribly upset that people who work for him used their powers to make life marginally difficult for supporters of his opponent. Putin kills his opponents.

Putin is no different. Syria is a Russian ally, and Putin is grandstanding to protect his assets.

I do not believe that Assad ordered usage of chemical weapons. In my opinion, it most likely was the "rebels," though could have been a rogue military commander.

I don't think chemical weapons has anything to do with whether or not the USA goes to war against Syria. Historically, the USA government uses some incident as reason to give Congress and the public why we have to go to war. Usually those reasons proved ultimately to be lies or false.
No, North Vietnam did not attack one of our ships.
No, the Spanish did not sink the Maine.
Yes, the Lusitania was a transporting massive amounts of munitions
No, Iraq did not have WMDs...

I do not believe anything coming out from the Obama Administration nor military/intelligence spokespersons about Syria. They want to attack. They will say anything to justify it.

You would think MOST people will recognize we do NOT receive truthful information about WMDs in terms of why are told we are going to war against another country that has done nothing to us nor threatened us in any way.

national interest

you dont know what it means either

l can believe this moron must have made such statements

but if the muslims or the ones who claim to be muslim will begin to act honestly and be hardworking and well disciplined in every part fo the life l can support them converting to christianity

Back
Top Bottom