• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who is more ADMIRABLE, the POLITICIAN or the BUSINESSMAN?

Who is more ADMIRABLE, the POLITICIAN or the BUSINESSMAN?

• Total voters

Mensch

Mr. Professional
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I'm just curious. Which do you admire MORE?

The Businessman because the at the very least the sob did something productive for society, all the politician does is run his or her big ****ing mouth.

I'd need a lot more detail than just their occupation.

Is it hard to admire firefighters for being firefighters? Or paramedics, doctors, nurses, teachers, police officers, etc? Is it difficult NOT to admire dictators, crack dealers, etc?

Crack dealers are just supplying a demand and making money the best way they can given their circumstances. :)

A politician seldom deserves admiration. However with this economy I would love to see a lot of successful businessmen turn politition to help us out.

You may as well ask............the liar or the thief....?
Even if in either case, 5 % are lying thieves..
I admire the hard working, underpaid American working man.

Good politicians are good

Bad Politicians are bad

Good Businessmen are good

Bad Businessmen are bad

Good politician vs. Bad Businessmen = Good politician

Good businessmen vs. Good politician = Good Businessmen

Next class we'll teach you how not ask questions that can't be answered in a black and white fashion.

Last edited:
The Businessman because the at the very least the sob did something productive for society, all the politician does is run his or her big ****ing mouth.

And yet you spend much of your time complaining about politicians for what they are productively doing for society.

They both have their good and bad..

I admire the person, not the profession.

I'm reminded by something my grandfather once told me, "Give people something they need and can't live without but don't know they already need it." Whoever can do that gains my respect.

Actually, I admire neither. I used to admire the politician but now ... there is so much corruption they are practically the same.

Where would the man work without the businessman to provide the job?

Who is underpaid?

Actually, I admire neither. I used to admire the politician but now ... there is so much corruption they are practically the same.

What does the politician live for? What does the politician strive for? What does the politician obsess about? What ONE thing must the politician always consider in order to remain in his profession?

THE VOTE.

What the busnessman live for? Strive for? Obsess about? Does maintaining his occupation rely on consideration of a single entity or multiple entities?

BANKRUPTCY; PROFIT; COSTS; SAVINGS; INVESTMENT; LOANS; RISKS, etc

Remember that the next time a politician promises you your own personal pony.

I'm reminded by something my grandfather once told me, "Give people something they need and can't live without but don't know they already need it." Whoever can do that gains my respect.

That makes no sense. The only way I can attempt to make sense of that logic is if it implies that human beings are incapable of understanding their own survival needs.

That makes no sense. The only way I can attempt to make sense of that logic is if it implies that human beings are incapable of understanding their own survival needs.

Let me give it to you in a simple term. You ever seen something on TV and thought "Oh why didn't I think of that?" It makes perfect sense. If people didn't think like that we wouldn't be where we are today technologically nor as a society.

I admire the person, not the profession.

But how often does the profession shape the character of the person? Was Mother Theresa a saint because she was born a saint? Or did her profession shape the way she acted in society? Surely you can admire Obama for his countless large scale "reforms," none of which can happen to a simpleton with no occupation.

Good politicians are good

Bad Politicians are bad

Good Businessmen are good

Bad Businessmen are bad

Good politician vs. Bad Businessmen = Good politician

Good businessmen vs. Good politician = Good Businessmen

Next class we'll teach you how not ask questions that can't be answered in a black and white fashion.

I'm sorry not every poll can have that wonderful "I don't know" third option. I don't care to include a "No opinion" option. If you have no opinion, then why bother participating in the poll?

Honest businessmen create.

Honest politicians don't exist.

Not a hard choice.

To make it plain....if they're not honest, they're criminals. And criminals aren't rated highly by normal people.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom