• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who is Kamala Harris and what are her credentials? She comes well suited for this endeavor .....

:laughat:
Do you believe that Harris is a natural born citizen? It is a simple yes or no answer. And you will not answer it.
:lamo

You might want to familiarize yourself with the whole thread before spouting off with nonsense like that - or at least the first ****ing page. Double doh! :doh:doh

Being born in this country only makes Harris a citizen under the current 14th Amendment interpretation, not a Natural born citizen as required to hold the position.

You do not believe Harris is constitutionally qualified to be president.

You do not believe Harris is constitutionally qualified to be president.

Seriously? Can you not read? Or is it an understanding issue?
Wtf do you think the last portion of that sentence you quoted says? Huh?

Seriously? Can you not read? Or is it an understanding issue?
Wtf do you think the last portion of that sentence you quoted says? Huh?

Explain it. Tell me wtf it means. Use small words.

iLOl No. Either read what it says (as it is pretty ****ing straight forward) or push on.

I already wrote my understanding. You said I was wrong, but did not elaborate. Now you refuse to explain why a citizen does not qualify as a candidate for president. It appears to me that you're saying that when a person is deemed qualified to run for an office in which they must be certified as a "citizen" that it automatically disqualified them to be president because "natural born citizen" and "citizen" are mutually exclusive.

I think everyone here can see your argument is spurious, but I have entertained it simply out of courtesy. Now you've start tossing expletives my way and that is not nice or conducive to civil conversation.

Whatever her political vulnerabilities, the aspiring vice president is chiefly characterized by her power. Some old-guard advisers in Biden’s inner circle told him to pick an innocuous running mate, whose selection would not so obviously herald a generational changing of the guard. Biden was right to reject this caution and to commit boldly to the future with Harris, who looms in stature over the feckless yes man who currently holds the office of vice president.

In looking to the future, a wide swath of America will also be eagerly anticipating the vice presidential debate — watching and waiting for that moment when Harris makes Mike Pence cry out for mother.

Kamala Harris, Gen X Vice President - Rolling Stone

As a candidate in the Democratic primaries, Kamala Harris stood astride the fault lines of the Democratic Party. The Californian presented herself as an establishment politician (reaching the Senate after serving as San Francisco’s DA and California’s attorney general) whose platform was responsive to the idealism of the party’s grassroots. Harris backed the Green New Deal, a version of Medicare for All (albeit with some vacillation on the details), and marijuana legalization.

Harris embodied a classic Gen X straddle: She’d navigated a path to power through a system controlled by older, whiter, more-conservative politicians, and then proposed to wield the levers of that power in the service of ideals she shared with the enormous, diverse, and progressive millennial and zoomer generations coming of age behind her.

Who is Kamala Harris?

Joe Biden picked a former presidential campaign rival whose debate performances during the Democratic Party primary hurt his own poll numbers at the time.

But Biden has said that Kamala Harris, a U.S. Senator from California, does not hold grudges and neither does he.

Here is a look at Harris:

A history of firsts

Harris becomes the first Black woman and Indian American to appear on a major party’s presidential ticket.

Firsts are nothing new to her. Harris won a race for California attorney general in 2010. She was the first woman and the first Black person to earn the job.

Before that, she was the first woman elected district attorney for San Francisco.

Personal story

Harris is 55 and was born in California to Donald Harris and Shyamala Gopalan. Her father was a Stanford University economics professor who came from Jamaica, while her mother, the daughter of an Indian diplomat, was a cancer scientist.

Harris has a sister, Maya, who has served as a public policy advocate.

Harris married attorney Doug Emhoff in 2014, and she is stepmother to his two children from a previous marriage.

Harris studied economics and political science and graduated in 1986 from Howard University, a historically Black university.

Her law degree came from the University of California’s Hastings College of the Law.

== Published author

In 2009, she authored “Smart on Crime: A Career Prosecutor’s Plan to Make Us Safer.” The book examines myths in the criminal justice system and solutions to improve approaches to fighting crime.

In 2019, she released a memoir, “The Truths We Hold: An American Journey.

Harris has already told us she will do to American citizens what she did to Willie Brown.

Harris has already told us she will do to American citizens what she did to Willie Brown.

Spread the lies! Go, man, GO! Time is short!

She is well spoken, articulate, and has a resume that makes her imminently qualified to be president. The only way to counter that is to get people to believe she runs a pedophile sex ring out of a pizza parlor.

The senate has got to get back in session in order to open an investigation. Time is running out, so they need to move quickly. We know the FBI investigation will be announced a couple of weeks into October, but will it be enough?

Now you've start tossing expletives my way and that is not nice or conducive to civil conversation.
Tossing your way?
Saying something is pretty ****ing straight forward is tossing an expletive your way? That is a pretty loose definition of tossing something your way.
Sounds to me like someone is being too sensitive.
I can see saying something like; {Your reply is ****ing loony} as tossing an expletive your way, but not as it was.

I think everyone here can see your argument is spurious, but I have entertained it simply out of courtesy.
:lamo
And if they do they are as ignorant as they are wrong in their assumption.

Given your initial dismissal and false characterization of what "it boils down to", there was no reason to take anything you said seriously or address anything in a lengthy manner, after that point.

I will make an exception for this post. How/if you respond will determine how I proceed.

Now you refuse to explain why a citizen does not qualify as a candidate for president.
Wrong. It has already been explained.
You apparently did not want to read what has been presented.

I already wrote my understanding. You said I was wrong, but did not elaborate.
That is becasue you were wrong in what you said both times. Besides, characterizations that seem to be purposely asinine don't deserve more than "wrong".
The 1st time you claimed I argued she was disqualified becasue she was a citizen. post #40 That is not the case and thus you are wrong.
The 2nd time you claimed the following. "Your argument is a citizen cannot be a natural born citizen. Therefore Harris is disqualified." post #42 To that I also replied you were wrong, because you were. And that underlined one was really silly. How could a natural born citizen not be a citizen? That was pretty asinine.

It appears to me that you're saying that when a person is deemed qualified to run for an office in which they must be certified as a "citizen" that it automatically disqualified them to be president because "natural born citizen" and "citizen" are mutually exclusive.
No to the first and yes to being mutually exclusive. Read the Constitution.
If a person is not a natural born citizen, they can not hold the office of President or Vice President.

As I stated, it was straight forward. "Being born in this country only makes Harris a citizen under the current 14th Amendment interpretation, not a Natural born citizen as required to hold the position".

For you to understand that argument you have to have more than a superficial understanding.

Regardless of whether or not you would like to debate this specific aspect, the SCt has already recognized this is not a settled issue, so anyone who says it is, is not being truthful.

Back
Top Bottom