• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who Is Going To Jail?

ChezC3

Relentless Thinking Fury
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
a) Criminal penalties
(1)
(A) Any person who—
(i) knowing that a person is an alien, brings to or attempts to bring to the United States in any manner whatsoever such person at a place other than a designated port of entry or place other than as designated by the Commissioner, regardless of whether such alien has received prior official authorization to come to, enter, or reside in the United States and regardless of any future official action which may be taken with respect to such alien;
(ii) knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, transports, or moves or attempts to transport or move such alien within the United States by means of transportation or otherwise, in furtherance of such violation of law;
(iii) knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, conceals, harbors, or shields from detection, or attempts to conceal, harbor, or shield from detection, such alien in any place, including any building or any means of transportation;
(iv) encourages or induces an alien to come to, enter, or reside in the United States, knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such coming to, entry, or residence is or will be in violation of law; or
(v)
(I) engages in any conspiracy to commit any of the preceding acts, or
(II) aids or abets the commission of any of the preceding acts,
shall be punished as provided in subparagraph (B).
(B) A person who violates subparagraph (A) shall, for each alien in respect to whom such a violation occurs—
(i) in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(i) or (v)(I) or in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(ii), (iii), or (iv) in which the offense was done for the purpose of commercial advantage or private financial gain, be fined under title 18, imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both;
(ii) in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(ii), (iii), (iv), or (v)(II), be fined under title 18, imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both;
(iii) in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(i), (ii), (iii), (iv), or (v) during and in relation to which the person causes serious bodily injury (as defined in section 1365 of title 18) to, or places in jeopardy the life of, any person, be fined under title 18, imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both; and
(iv) in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(i), (ii), (iii), (iv), or (v) resulting in the death of any person, be punished by death or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, fined under title 18, or both.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1324

DNC BRINGS ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT FAMILY ON STAGE, LOOK WHAT HAPPENS IMMEDIATELY - USAPoliticsNow

The DNC leadership? Organizers? Members in attendance?

1.)Karla Ortiz is an American citizen
2.)"But mere unlawful presence in the country is not a crime. It is a violation of federal immigration law to remain in the country without legal authorization, but this violation is punishable by civil penalties, not criminal.. an illegal alien cannot be criminally charged or incarcerated simply for being undocumented" Is Illegal Immigration a Crime? Improper Entry v. Unlawful Presence - FindLaw Blotter "Is the fact of being present in the United States in violation of the immigration laws a crime? No. The act of being present in the United States in violation of the immigration laws is not, standing alone, a crime. While federal immigration law does criminalize some actions that may be related to undocumented presence in the United States, undocumented presence alone is not a violation of federal criminal law." https://www.aclu.org/files/assets/F...ted_immigrants_issue_brief_PUBLIC_VERSION.pdf

So no-one is going to jail.

2.)"But mere unlawful presence in the country is not a crime. It is a violation of federal immigration law to remain in the country without legal authorization, but this violation is punishable by civil penalties, not criminal.. an illegal alien cannot be criminally charged or incarcerated simply for being undocumented" Is Illegal Immigration a Crime? Improper Entry v. Unlawful Presence - FindLaw Blotter "Is the fact of being present in the United States in violation of the immigration laws a crime? No. The act of being present in the United States in violation of the immigration laws is not, standing alone, a crime. While federal immigration law does criminalize some actions that may be related to undocumented presence in the United States, undocumented presence alone is not a violation of federal criminal law." https://www.aclu.org/files/assets/F...ted_immigrants_issue_brief_PUBLIC_VERSION.pdf

Why then do we even have a border? In fact, why have any laws at all?

By the way, if they are present here illegally, then they entered illegally - they didn't just materialize out of thin air. And, before you try to equivocate, over staying a visa is an illegal entry once the visa expires.

So, to repeat the thread question, who's going to jail?

What message does it send to our citizens and to the world, when one of the two major political parties of this country flaunts their total disregard for our most basic laws regarding our sovereignty?

What other laws shouldn't matter?

Look up these word - arbitrary and capricious.

Yea! Anarchy!

By the way, if they are present here illegally, then they entered illegally - they didn't just materialize out of thin air. And, before you try to equivocate, over staying a visa is an illegal entry once the visa expires.
Again, you cannot be criminally charged or incarcerated simply for being undocumented.
Improper entry is a crime, its a misdemeanor and it must be proved beyond a reasonable doubt in order to convict and possible deport someone.

No-one.

What message does it send to our citizens and to the world, when one of the two major political parties of this country flaunts their total disregard for our most basic laws regarding our sovereignty?
Can you name a law that has been broken?

how many?

we have 12-15 million now

how many will you allow, since you dont care if they are here or not

20 million? 25 million?

what will it take for you to see that illegal immigration is a problem....not a good thing?

how many states, counties, and cities need to bleed red numbers because their school systems are overloaded, their emergency systems over capacity?

and the jobs they take for low dollars because they can and they are willing....they bring down the wages for other americans that many of your brethren want higher wages for

in this case...you cant have your illegals and your wages too.....it just wont work

Your OpEd's that you posted did so. Rhetorical question - If a person is here illegally, then how did they become here illegally? That should answer your question.

Also... undocumented? Using that thought process from the Democrats to try to ignore the fact that laws have been broken, should we start calling drug dealers on street corners, undocumented pharmacists?

Even the federal law uses the term alien and illegal alien. Why the PC crap (not that you invented it, I thought maybe you could give me an answer)?

Your OpEd's that you posted did so. Rhetorical question - If a person is here illegally, then how did they become here illegally? That should answer your question.

Also... undocumented? Using that thought process from the Democrats to try to ignore the fact that laws have been broken, should we start calling drug dealers on street corners, undocumented pharmacists?

Even the federal law uses the term alien and illegal alien. Why the PC crap (not that you invented it, I thought maybe you could give me an answer)?

Again, suspecting of someone entering improperly does not equate to proving without a reasonable doubt that they did break the law. You cannot convict someone for merely suspecting they did something. Undocumented presence is not a criminal act. So I will ask again, what laws were broken?

but her mama on stage ain't

is she worried that her momma is going to get deported from Mexico?

No.

Does she live with someone other than momma?

No.

Did she confess to and/or rat her momma out?

Yes

Then under (ii) someone needs to. 5 years.

but her mama on stage ain't

is she worried that her momma is going to get deported from Mexico?

No.

Does she live with someone other than momma?

No.

Did she confess to and/or rat her momma out?

Yes

Then under (ii) someone needs to. 5 years.

Again:
"But mere unlawful presence in the country is not a crime."

:thumbs::thumbs:

Both the GOP and the DNC are officially extremists in my book regarding the immigration issue. One wants to "let them all in" while the others want to "BUILD A WALL"

:doh

Again, suspecting of someone entering improperly does not equate to proving without a reasonable doubt that they did break the law. You cannot convict someone for merely suspecting they did something. Undocumented presence is not a criminal act. So I will ask again, what laws were broken?

TDS, you don't have to see a person break into your house for them to be charged from breaking and entering if they are caught inside your house. If an illegal alien is caught inside this country, then the broke the criminal of entering illegally, even if being here after the fact is a civil offense and not a criminal one. They still committed a criminal act crossing the border, or failing to leave prior to a visa expiring.

If a woman says you raped her, and they find your semen inside her, your DNA under her fingernails, and your hair on her cloths, there doesn't have to be a video tape for you to be charged and probably convicted of rape. Your semen inside her, your DNA under her fingernails, and your hair on her cloths are not crimes in and of themselves, but they are evidence of a crime that was committed. An illegal alien being in this country is evidence of a crime committed.

To answer your question, the parents of that girl that spoke at the DNC could go to jail, and anyone who assisted them or harbored them could as well. Including DNC officials.

That is, if the Rule of Law means anything at all anymore.

The little, silver car.

And he/she/it CANNOT pass GO first. He/she/it MUST go STRAIGHT to jail.

Bloody 'Community Chest'.

Both the GOP and the DNC are officially extremists in my book regarding the immigration issue. One wants to "let them all in" while the others want to "BUILD A WALL"

:doh

Building and maintaining a wall....or a machine gun nest, does not mean complete stoppage. They just need to contact a Federal agency, and apply for entry. The Legal way.

Again:
"But mere unlawful presence in the country is not a crime."

Open question, doesn't have to be the illegal. Matter of fact, if you took the time to read, I know, I know, why do that? But if you did, if you did, than you'd see that you could post that same nonsensical post over and over and over, kinda like how HRC keeps committing underhanded deals, yeah, like that, if you did read you could piece together ever so slowly, hey, you're the one showing difficulty here, that it wasn't the illegal who'd be going to prison.

Again:(A) Any person who—(ii) knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, transports, or moves or attempts to transport or move such alien within the United States by means of transportation or otherwise, in furtherance of such violation of law;

Should receive

ii) in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(ii), (iii), (iv), or (v)(II), be fined under title 18, imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both;

Don't respond until you understand.

Open question, doesn't have to be the illegal. Matter of fact, if you took the time to read, I know, I know, why do that? But if you did, if you did, than you'd see that you could post that same nonsensical post over and over and over, kinda like how HRC keeps committing underhanded deals, yeah, like that, if you did read you could piece together ever so slowly, hey, you're the one showing difficulty here, that it wasn't the illegal who'd be going to prison.

Again:(A) Any person who—(ii) knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, transports, or moves or attempts to transport or move such alien within the United States by means of transportation or otherwise, in furtherance of such violation of law;

Should receive

ii) in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(ii), (iii), (iv), or (v)(II), be fined under title 18, imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both;

Don't respond until you understand.

:lamo You seriously think someone is involved in "alien smuggling" here? Im sure that putting some on TV does not count as "concealing, harboring, or shielding from detection"... Transporting them is only illegal if it is in furtherance of bringing them to the US illegally. And in a 2012 court case also decided that "harboring" meant providing (or offering) a known illegal alien a secure haven, a refuge, a place to stay in which authorities are unlikely to be seeking him, so simply providing a hotel room wouldn't count. I mean for ****s sake, do you actually think the DNC tried to hide this woman from the gov by putting them on a national stage in Philly on national TV where they openly disclosed their identity and discussed her undocumented status?

:lamo You seriously think someone is involved in "alien smuggling" here? Im sure that putting some on TV does not count as "concealing, harboring, or shielding from detection"... Transporting them is only illegal if it is in furtherance of bringing them to the US illegally. And in a 2012 court case also decided that "harboring" meant providing (or offering) a known illegal alien a secure haven, a refuge, a place to stay in which authorities are unlikely to be seeking him, so simply providing a hotel room wouldn't count. I mean for ****s sake, do you actually think the DNC tried to hide this woman from the gov by putting them on a national stage in Philly on national TV where they openly disclosed their identity and discussed her undocumented status?

Oh my...:giggle1:

and

:lamo

to boot!

That is cute.

Is this the new politically correct way to say illegally?

Back
Top Bottom