• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Who is George Zimmerman? Reuters investigated him last year

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Back in August of last year, Reuters decided to do their own investigation of George Zimmerman in an article that was titled. "George Zimmerman: Prelude to a shooting." This is how they looking into who George Zimmerman was:

Based on extensive interviews with relatives, friends, neighbors, schoolmates and co-workers of Zimmerman in two states, law enforcement officials, and reviews of court documents and police reports, the story sheds new light on the man at the center of one of the most controversial homicide cases in America.

Reuters is known for being a left leaning media outlet, so when I first saw the title I was expecting a typical Reuters hit piece, which is why I suspect they investigated him in the first place... To get the dirt on this racist, wannabe cop... Well surprise everyone.. Reuters discoovered the exact same thing the FBI investigation did, that Zimmerman was not the racist monster that most of the media, and people like Al Sharpton had portraited him to be... here are some excerpts:

The 28-year-old insurance-fraud investigator comes from a deeply Catholic background and was taught in his early years to do right by those less fortunate. He was raised in a racially integrated household and himself has black roots through an Afro-Peruvian great-grandfather.

Though civil rights demonstrators have argued Zimmerman should not have prejudged Martin, one black neighbor of the Zimmermans said recent history should be taken into account.

"Let's talk about the elephant in the room. I'm black, OK?" the woman said, declining to be identified because she anticipated backlash due to her race. She leaned in to look a reporter directly in the eyes. "There were black boys robbing houses in this neighborhood," she said. "That's why George was suspicious of Trayvon Martin."

Zimmerman's maternal grandmother, Cristina, who had lived with the Zimmermans since 1978, worked as a babysitter for years during Zimmerman's childhood. For several years she cared for two African-American girls who ate their meals at the Zimmerman house and went back and forth to school each day with the Zimmerman children.

"They were part of the household for years, until they were old enough to be on their own," Post said.

Zimmerman served as an altar boy at All Saints from age 7 to 17, church members said.

"He wasn't the type where, you know, 'I'm being forced to do this,' and a dragging-his-feet Catholic," said Sandra Vega, who went to high school with George and his siblings. "He was an altar boy for years, and then worked in the rectory too. He has a really good heart."

In 2004, Zimmerman partnered with an African-American friend and opened up an Allstate insurance satellite office, Donnelly said.

After police left Bertalan, George Zimmerman arrived at the front door in a shirt and tie, she said. He gave her his contact numbers on an index card and invited her to visit his wife if she ever felt unsafe. He returned later and gave her a stronger lock to bolster the sliding door that had been forced open.

"He was so mellow and calm, very helpful and very, very sweet," she said last week. "We didn't really know George at first, but after the break-in we talked to him on a daily basis. People were freaked out. It wasn't just George calling police ... we were calling police at least once a week."

That sure doesn't sound like the same George Zimmerman that the media and the race hustlers talk about, now does it?

Go read it for yourself:

George Zimmerman: Prelude to a shooting | Reuters

Back in August of last year, Reuters decided to do their own investigation of George Zimmerman in an article that was titled. "George Zimmerman: Prelude to a shooting." This is how they looking into who George Zimmerman was:

Based on extensive interviews with relatives, friends, neighbors, schoolmates and co-workers of Zimmerman in two states, law enforcement officials, and reviews of court documents and police reports, the story sheds new light on the man at the center of one of the most controversial homicide cases in America.

Reuters is known for being a left leaning media outlet, so when I first saw the title I was expecting a typical Reuters hit piece, which is why I suspect they investigated him in the first place... To get the dirt on this racist, wannabe cop... Well surprise everyone.. Reuters discoovered the exact same thing the FBI investigation did, that Zimmerman was not the racist monster that most of the media, and people like Al Sharpton had portraited him to be... here are some excerpts:

The 28-year-old insurance-fraud investigator comes from a deeply Catholic background and was taught in his early years to do right by those less fortunate. He was raised in a racially integrated household and himself has black roots through an Afro-Peruvian great-grandfather.

Though civil rights demonstrators have argued Zimmerman should not have prejudged Martin, one black neighbor of the Zimmermans said recent history should be taken into account.

"Let's talk about the elephant in the room. I'm black, OK?" the woman said, declining to be identified because she anticipated backlash due to her race. She leaned in to look a reporter directly in the eyes. "There were black boys robbing houses in this neighborhood," she said. "That's why George was suspicious of Trayvon Martin."

Zimmerman's maternal grandmother, Cristina, who had lived with the Zimmermans since 1978, worked as a babysitter for years during Zimmerman's childhood. For several years she cared for two African-American girls who ate their meals at the Zimmerman house and went back and forth to school each day with the Zimmerman children.

"They were part of the household for years, until they were old enough to be on their own," Post said.

Zimmerman served as an altar boy at All Saints from age 7 to 17, church members said.

"He wasn't the type where, you know, 'I'm being forced to do this,' and a dragging-his-feet Catholic," said Sandra Vega, who went to high school with George and his siblings. "He was an altar boy for years, and then worked in the rectory too. He has a really good heart."

In 2004, Zimmerman partnered with an African-American friend and opened up an Allstate insurance satellite office, Donnelly said.

After police left Bertalan, George Zimmerman arrived at the front door in a shirt and tie, she said. He gave her his contact numbers on an index card and invited her to visit his wife if she ever felt unsafe. He returned later and gave her a stronger lock to bolster the sliding door that had been forced open.

"He was so mellow and calm, very helpful and very, very sweet," she said last week. "We didn't really know George at first, but after the break-in we talked to him on a daily basis. People were freaked out. It wasn't just George calling police ... we were calling police at least once a week."

That sure doesn't sound like the same George Zimmerman that the media and the race hustlers talk about, now does it?

Go read it for yourself:

According to the Progressive race haters and baiting agitators we are supposed to put that all aside and depict Trayvon Martin as an angelic pre-teen and believe that George Zimmerman is a White, Black hating racist stalking the streets looking to kill young black unsuspecting children.

maybe they replaced him with a look alike the same way they replaced Paul McCartney with Billy Sheers.:shrug::ssst:

Go read it for yourself:

Excellent catch on that story, thank you. I've heard most of this different places, but seeing it all put together is very enlightening.

Pity certain persons will ignore it in favor of their preconceived bias...

Go read it for yourself:

I don't know if you are trying to deceive or you are confused. The part I bolded exists in the link you provided, so it seems as though there was no August report.

I don't know if you are trying to deceive or you are confused. The part I bolded exists in the link you provided, so it seems as though there was no August report.

maybe they replaced him with a look alike the same way they replaced Paul McCartney with Billy Sheers.:shrug::ssst:

Excellent catch on that story, thank you. I've heard most of this different places, but seeing it all put together is very enlightening.

Pity certain persons will ignore it in favor of their preconceived bias...

Read my post.

Last edited:

HUH? Are you trying to say the quoted Reuters report does not exist?

To the op... Interesting, and I had heard just about all of that before. But those that want to scream 'racist' will refuse to read it or to believe it, as it would cause them to stroke out.

Go read it for yourself:

An absolute tragedy. That's all anyone can really say.

I was moved by what his lawyer said after the trial:

“(George Zimmerman) A man who believes in the system… A man whose dad was a judge, who maybe wanted to be a cop or a prosecutor and then gets a system… Two systems went against George Zimmerman that he CAN’T understand. You guys, the media, he was like a patient on an operating table where mad scientists were committing experiments on him and he had no anesthesia. He didn’t know why he was turned into this monster, but quite honestly you guys had a lot to do with it, you just did, because you took a story that was fed…

HUH? Are you trying to say the quoted Reuters report does not exist?

To the op... Interesting, and I had heard just about all of that before. But those that want to scream 'racist' will refuse to read it or to believe it, as it would cause them to stroke out.
I don't believe there is an August report. Everything Grim quoted exists in the April report.

Yet another "OMG, conservatives are sooooooo persecuted" thread in the wake of the trial. I think most of you were secretly hoping he'd get convicted so you'd actually have something to complain about.

I don't believe there is an August report. Everything Grim quoted exists in the April report.

Who cares? You are seriously arguing about what month they did the story?

Yet another "OMG, conservatives are sooooooo persecuted" thread in the wake of the trial. I think most of you were secretly hoping he'd get convicted so you'd actually have something to complain about.

Where on earth do you see any of that? I see a story that shows Z is not who the media and race baiters want him to be. It's that simple.

Oops... I misread it... It's from April of last year.

Grim says there were two reports, I only see one.

Pete... I said Reuters did an investigation in August... I misread it ok?

It was in April of last year and I did't say there were 2 anything.

Pete... I said Reuters did an investigation in August... I misread it ok?

It was in April of last year and I did't say there were 2 anything.

allow me to point out all of the reasons why that report being attributed to an august investigation rather than an april one is significant:

Back
Top Bottom