• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who Is Donald Trump?

Hawkeye10

Buttermilk Man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Very long piece here concluding:

Who, really, is Donald Trump? What’s behind the actor’s mask? I can discern little more than narcissistic motivations and a complementary personal narrative about winning at any cost. It is as if Trump has invested so much of himself in developing and refining his socially dominant role that he has nothing left over to create a meaningful story for his life, or for the nation. It is always Donald Trump playing Donald Trump, fighting to win, but never knowing why.

A Psychologist Analyzes Donald Trump’s Personality - The Atlantic

I think this evaluation massively errors by virtually ignoring Trumps extreme intelligence, but it is more or less right. I never understood how anyone got the idea that Trump is thin skinned, he is a rugged as they come.

BTW, since the author does not know I will tell you......... Trumps story of his life is that he is a builder, a great builder.

I am going to put the following in this thread as it seems to be the best place for it:

I believe that whatever he sets his mind to do he can do and can do very well. I've known him since I was 20 years old. This is someone I've had a long history with," said Maples.
Marla Maples won't say if she's voting for Donald Trump - Fox 5 NY | WNYW

The fact that Marla Maples says this about Trump, after all they have been through (for instance him refusing to give her much money at the end of the marriage) is astounding. I am also reminded of an interview where Melania said that the #1 thing she loves about Don is his mind, and she is no dummy herself.

Interesting stuff.

I think this evaluation massively errors by virtually ignoring Trumps extreme intelligence, but it is more or less right. I never understood how anyone got the idea that Trump is thin skinned, he is a rugged as they come.

BTW, since the author does not know I will tell you......... Trumps story of his life is that he is a builder, a great builder.

Well, in spite of the article's author's point of view..........

I believe sick people do sick things more often than the author seems to have forgotten..........

Sick people should never be president........ and to do so is to create an "accident waiting to happen"

I believe sick people do sick things more often than the author seems to have forgotten..........

Sick people should never be president........ and to do so is to create an "accident waiting to happen"

Decoded as "I did not read it, or even skim it", AMIRITE?

I am a reality based guy, I am willing to do convos on the flaws of Trump, under the right circumstances.

Try Me.

Some mean minds have it that only a sick mind could want to be President.

Don't let yourself be ruled by fears-fears of something that MAY happen. Look at past results and stated goals for the future. Trump has been around for a long time and never invaded another country or even been involved in policies that caused death to 1,000s, making him the only major candidate that can make that claim.

Don't let yourself be ruled by fears-fears of something that MAY happen. Look at past results and stated goals for the future. Trump has been around for a long time and never invaded another country or even been involved in policies that caused death to 1,000s, making him the only major candidate that can make that claim.

Get real Eric..............Trump is a basket case.....and if elected would dismiss Congress and the SCOTUS........

How else could he fulfil his stated election promises...... You tell me!

OH, and a Life Long Democrat/Liberal, let's not forget that Fact.

If the bolded is true, how is it possible to support Hillary for president? Just asking.

That is because he has not had the power or position to do so, not willing to give him the chance, his knowledge of foreign affairs is on par with a 5th grader and he would have us in more wars and result in more deaths.

Get real Eric..............Trump is a basket case.....and if elected would dismiss Congress and the SCOTUS........

How else could he fulfil his stated election promises...... You tell me!

Now this is beyond borderline insanity and deeply into the sublime. It is impossible for any president 'dismiss Congress' or dismiss SCOTUS.
I mean really!

If you need to gin up some fear mongering, at least have the decency to do it with something that even remotely plausible.

I suppose amoral and aethical can appear as extreme intelligence to some. The real proof of extreme intelligence is to be a liberal Democrat. Remember how extremely intelligent President Clinton was? Remember how awesomely intelligent we were told President Obama is. Of course, according to the media, all Republican presidents were retarded. The only reason Delicate Donald is being reported as extremely intelligent is that the media knows he's no Republican. Not even a RINO. He's a awesomely intelligent liberal Democrat with no morals, no ethics, no manners, no class. Other than that, fine guy. Lies a lot but a fine guy.

If the bolded is true, how is it possible to support Hillary for president? Just asking.

The difference ........no matter how boring and uninspiring ....... she is not a nut job.........

Trump ands Clinton both gave speeches yesterday...........PolitiFact did a fact check of both.......

Trump was "Pants on fire" and Not true 62 % of the time......

Clinton was 12%.........

The answer is simple......Could you support/trust someone as President who would tell lies more than half the time?

Just telling!

Now this is beyond borderline insanity and deeply into the sublime. It is impossible for any president 'dismiss Congress' or dismiss SCOTUS.
I mean really!

If you need to gin up some fear mongering, at least have the decency to do it with something that even remotely plausible.

Ya think so.............

Take a look at an E.O. of GWB...........which says a President can do so in a time of emergency (where emergency is not defined nor can it be challenged in court) just someone's say so...........and get this........

The E.O. says the President would have control of all levels of governments.........like states, local........right down to a town's council........

One needs to pay attention...........I have the time to do so..........where as most folks do not.......

I see, so we should elect a serial lying drunken lesbian?

I see, so we should elect a serial lying drunken lesbian?

Why do folks have to waste other serious folks time to make comments which they thing are personally insulting and snappy at public figures they do not like?

IMHO it is an indication of having no idea why a person does not like the public figure because they are unable or do not know why they don't like them............

And in doing so filling up space and wasting others time reading their balderdash...

The difference ........no matter how boring and uninspiring ....... she is not a nut job.........

Trump ands Clinton both gave speeches yesterday...........PolitiFact did a fact check of both.......

Clinton was 12%.........

The answer is simple......Could you support/trust someone as President who would tell lies more than half the time?

Just telling!

A statistical sampling of exactly one instance. It conveniently ignores the long history of Hillary's lying. That's not very credible.

Ya think so.............

Take a look at an E.O. of GWB...........which says a President can do so in a time of emergency (where emergency is not defined nor can it be challenged in court) just someone's say so...........and get this........

The E.O. says the President would have control of all levels of governments.........like states, local........right down to a town's council........

One needs to pay attention...........I have the time to do so..........where as most folks do not.......

That would be a two edged sword, as Hillary could take the same action.

Why do folks have to waste other serious folks time to make comments which they thing are personally insulting and snappy at public figures they do not like?

IMHO it is an indication of having no idea why a person does not like the public figure because they are unable or do not know why they don't like them............

And in doing so filling up space and wasting others time reading their balderdash...

Take a chill pill. The stuff you post about you should be the last one talking.

Clinton was 12%.........

Oh, she is a nut job alright... either a pyshco or sociopath, not that it makes a difference.

Hey pot, is it your full time job to go around calling kettles black? The ironic hypocrisy of this post is almost comedic.

Interesting article. It would appear the author of this Atlantic article evaluates Donald Trump's psyche and then extrapolates this in the most negative of ways. In spite of this it would appear to be a total fail and attempting to discredit Trump. Using data from PolitiFact to determine who lies more -Trump or Hillary, certainly exposes the author's bias.

I mean, who would have guessed that an individual running for president is narcissistic?Oh, but, he is more narcissistic than others and perhaps as narcissistic as was President Jackson. BIG DEAL. Gosh, Trump puts his name in big bold letters on buildings that cost billions of dollars.

The author points out an incident where a farmer in Scotland campaigned against Trump building his golf course there. The farmer won some type of award in Great Britain for his efforts. None-the-less Trump was able to build the golf course. Of course the author points out that in spite of promises to provide 1200 permanent jobs for Scotland, only " 200" permanant jobs have been documented.

I look forward to having a president who gets things done. If Putin gets Time's man of the year because his arse has been whipped by Trump, good for him. And good for America.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

It's as if we are auditioning an actor for a part in the movie. They read from the script and you decide which one you want to give the part to.

My post is not for the Trump supporter. I will just say to them that I respect your opinion, whether I agree or not, and just bless your heart.

No, this post is not for the Trump supporter. It deals with facts. Truths. Analytics and research. Things that do not seem to be important to the Trump supporter at all.

Here are some links that fact check The Donald and the crazy things that come out of his mouth.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/23/us/politics/donald-trump-speech-highlights.html

Donald Trump's file | PolitiFact

People Donald Trump

Fact-Checking Trump'''s Speech - NBC News

Donald Trump's Speech Wednesday Laid Out Campaign Promises And Attacked Hillary Clinton : NPR

Now, before all you democrats start giving each other high-fives, remember. This is the Fact-Check on Donald Trump. Him calling ANYONE a liar is like the pot calling the kettle black. But if we did a Hillary Fact-check, I suspect it wouldn't be THAT much better.

What confuses most sensible people I know is WHY someone would support such a liar? Do they REALLY hate America that much as to knowingly sabotage everything we have come to be? Throw the baby out with the bathwater? Supporting a play-actor, all the while, KNOWING that 76% of the words on his script (and coming out of his mouth) is unadulterated bull****?

Well, when their only other option is to vote for Hillary, it's easy to understand how someone could get to a place where they just throw up their hand's up in the air in frustration and say, "**** it. I'm voting from Trump. What do we got to lose?"

I so understand that temptation. I'm not going to judge. And I'm not going to tell you Hillary is gonna make anything better.

But I will tell you, we're kinda screwed either way.

With Hillary, I see nothing America has to gain. Business as usual. Gridlock. Partisan divide. Rumors. Media created scandals. Legitimate scandals. Continued gnashing of the teeth and division. Etc.,..

But with The Donald, we really do have much to lose.

People who do not support Trump may think, "Better the devil we know...." hold their nose and vote for Hillary.

The presidency is not suited for the Politician Apprentice.

Vote your conscience.

Last edited:
A statistical sampling of exactly one instance. It conveniently ignores the long history of Hillary's lying. That's not very credible.

Guessing you think you know what you are talking about is dangerous..............check out what you thing maybe so before you speak.............that way there is no need for embarrassment.....

Trump is a serial liar.......Just Google "Trump "serial liar"......and see how many responsible and reliable hits you get........

Of all HRC's short comings she is not known to be a liar...........that is until Faux Noise and the other RW "go alongs" started the campaign to "Get Hillary" .......at a public GOP event several years ago GOP Senate leader Mitch McConnell described the plan to prevent HRC ever winning......by portraying her as "untrustworthy" ; someone not to be trusted" and liar...........

The GOP has been very successful in their efforts ........and have been repeating the theme over and over again for the past 4+ years........

For the accurate info on HRC I suggest you use Politifacts in making your judgments of HRC

Oh, she is a nut job alright... either a pyshco or sociopath, not that it makes a difference.

Hey pot, is it your full time job to go around calling kettles black? The ironic hypocrisy of this post is almost comedic.

Don't waste my time with your twaddle.........

Back
Top Bottom