• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who Is Donald Trump?

Why do you say Clinton doesn't have any significant accomplishments?

Because no once can name any. She is a ticket puncher, and thus great at looking like she is doing something, it just never amounts to anything.

Well, this is a matter of opinion. My first campaign was George McGovern and to this day I remember his direct and specific accomplishments which were mainly about legislation that he wrote and got passed. He had tons of it. Clinton is one of hundreds of people to run for President, one of thousands of people to be a Senator (and most were for much longer), one of hundreds of people to be Secretary of a department. She has never held an executive position in which we can judge her by specific accomplishments. There have been 33 women Senators, 3 women Sec of State, and 33 women who ran for President so even the woman thing is overrated, IMO. Oh sure, I can read articles like Hillary Clinton's Accomplishments Speak for Themselves | US News Opinion and read how she speaks about this and did something that may have led to that but they all sound so nebulous and non-specific.

Would prefer someone who has served in the military, been chief executive for at least 10 years so that we can see a track record, have specific legislation that they initiate and passed if they were in government. Don't think much of words like "he speaks out for the poor" or "instrumental in getting funding" (HOW specifically) or getting credentialed. That stuff is too easy to fake. Like "I was instrumental in maintaining the money supply post 9-11" because I worked in a bank.

Well, that is an honest criticism....but I don't think it's necessarily fair or accurate. I mean would you deny a man his entire life's work and achievements because he wasn't the first man to be Sec. of State or Senator or run for President? I think a lot of people, men and women would give their eye teeth to have her kind of experience and achievements. As it stands she is undoubtedly the most qualified to be the president over all the other candidates by a mile. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of things that Hillary can be criticized for...but I don't think a lack of achievements or accomplishments is one of them.

Well, that is an honest criticism....but I don't think it's necessarily fair or accurate. I mean would you deny a man his entire life's work and achievements because he wasn't the first man to be Sec. of State or Senator or run for President? I think a lot of people, men and women would give their eye teeth to have her kind of experience and achievements. As it stands she is undoubtedly the most qualified to be the president over all the other candidates by a mile. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of things that Hillary can be criticized for...but I don't think a lack of achievements or accomplishments is one of them.

8 years in the Senate, here are the bills she sponsored that became law:

S.3145 – A bill to designate a portion of United States Route 20A, located in Orchard Park, New York, as the “Timothy J. Russert Highway”.
S.3613 – A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 2951 New York Highway 43 in Averill Park, New York, as the “Major George Quamo Post Office Building”.
S.1241 – Kate Mullany National Historic Site Act
Here are THE 3 Bills Hillary Clinton Sponsored That Became Law While US Senator

This is not a drill.

This is Hillary Clinton, empty pant suit.

8 years in the Senate, here are the bills she sponsored that became law:

Here are THE 3 Bills Hillary Clinton Sponsored That Became Law While US Senator

This is not a drill.

This is Hillary Clinton, empty pant suit.
Hmmm...well, it says here that...

"While a member of the U.S. Senate, Clinton sponsored 713 pieces of legislation, including 363 bills, 296 amendments, 33 Senate Resolutions, and 21 concurrent resolutions.[11] Fourteen of her Senate resolutions were passed, expressing the Senate's views on policy or commemorative questions.[11] One of her concurrent resolutions—supporting National Purple Heart Recognition Day—passed both houses. Of the 363 bills, three[12] became law...."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_career_of_Hillary_Rodham_Clinton#Legislation

I bet a lot of those bills were co-sponsored by republicans. I think she was known for working across the aisle and her colleges on both sides gave her high praises and said she was hard worker.

I have less uncertainty with Clintons experience in government than I do with Trump...who has never governed before. It just boggles my mind how someone who has never been elected or governed over anything could even be considered to govern over one the largest economies and countries in the world. This is no country for old men beginners.

Sen. Clinton and Mr. Trump have each done a lot in their life. The problem is so little is something they can be proud of.

What is an actual accomplishment either one can brag about?

You are right on the money, Moot...but I doubt any of the Hillary haters will listen to any reasoning.

I will vote for her happily.

If Trump wins (it could happen) I will wish him the best of luck for a very successful administration.

I kinda doubt many of the Hillary haters will do the same in reverse if she wins.

I think this evaluation massively errors by virtually ignoring Trumps extreme intelligence

His...

His what?

Trumps story of his life is that he is a builder, a great builder.

How does bankrupting practically everything you touch make you "great"?

I'll tell you what he's good at: the big con. That's no virtue.

His...

His what?

You did not misread the quote. Hawk actually said, "...Trump's extreme intelligence."

I know, I know. You laughed out loud when you read it.

So did I.

Back
Top Bottom