• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Who is angrier?

Who are the angrier members here at DP?

• MixedMedia and Stace

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • ptsdkid and aquapub

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • other - please specify

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Stace said:
Look at that Mixey, we've got four votes....one of them is rather obvious, but I have a pretty good guess where the others came from :mrgreen:
I haven't voted, but I would vote for you and mixed, too...

mixed is not angry at all, so I'd vote because you are angry enough on your own to beat both of them...:2wave:

Stace said:
Look at that Mixey, we've got four votes....one of them is rather obvious, but I have a pretty good guess where the others came from :mrgreen:

Yeah......guess if we really cared we'd try a little harder to "get out the vote." LOL

As it stands, though, I'm happy with the results thus far. :2wave:

cnredd said:
I haven't voted, but I would vote for you and mixed, too...

mixed is not angry at all, so I'd vote because you are angry enough on your own to beat both of them...:2wave:

Well, then vote your conscience, suhr. :-(

Don't let him get ya down, Stace, you know how he is. :2wave:

Last edited:
Of course I voted for the women, but not just because I'm married, but because I have personally felt their wrath, but I kinda like it.......truth be told.:3oops:

Aw, come on you guys.....I'm not angry....I just feel very passionately about some things, and get frustrated when others either don't see my side of things, or worse, try to tell me that I'm wrong for feeling the way I do about certain issues. :2wave:

mixedmedia said:
BTW.....thanks for visiting my most firstest thread in the basement, Gardener. An honor I share with my esteemed colleagues - on the left and right.

"The pleasure is all mine, M'lady!", he says as he attempts an exagerated, sweeping courtly bow -- a bow cut short as he is made suddenly aware of the physical limitations of the elasticity inherent in today's synthetic fabrics.

A somber nod should have sufficed.

Stace said:
The very definition of PTSD encompasses things such as thought impairment.

Um, no. I don't think it does consitute a, "thought impairment." Howard Hughes had mental problems far beyond what the said person in question has and he was able to successfully run TWA. Here are some of the symptoms of PSTD:

http://www.ncptsd.va.gov/facts/problems/index.html

A person could have all of those things but it doesn't mean the person neccessarily has impaired thinking, as in being able to work math problems or something.

George_Washington said:
Um, no. I don't think it does consitute a, "thought impairment." Howard Hughes had mental problems far beyond what the said person in question has and he was able to successfully run TWA. Here are some of the symptoms of PSTD:

http://www.ncptsd.va.gov/facts/problems/index.html

A person could have all of those things but it doesn't mean the person neccessarily has impaired thinking, as in being able to work math problems or something.

I already posted a definition of PTSD, thanks. And my best friend has PTSD, so I see the effects of it every single day.

dictionary.com said:
im·paired ( P ) Pronunciation Key (m-pârd)
adj.
Diminished, damaged, or weakened: an impaired sense of smell.
Functioning poorly or incompetently: a driver so tired as to be impaired.
Having a physical or mental disability: an impaired child in need of special assistance.

Need I say more, or do you get it yet?

Stace said:
Need I say more, or do you get it yet?

Stace, I saw your definition but it really isn't that simple. A person's memory could be affected but his ability to reason could still be intact. Besides, a lot of people with PSTD, it comes and goes from day to day, hour to hour. Check out that website I gave you, each person is unique too in their type of condition. Anyway, I just don't think pstkid should be judged for him having a mental condition. That's the main point I was trying to make.

George_Washington said:
Stace, I saw your definition but it really isn't that simple. A person's memory could be affected but his ability to reason could still be intact. Besides, a lot of people with PSTD, it comes and goes from day to day, hour to hour. Check out that website I gave you, each person is unique too in their type of condition. Anyway, I just don't think pstkid should be judged for him having a mental condition. That's the main point I was trying to make.

Of course it's not as simple as that. But when someone is experiencing the withdrawal and/or flashbacks associated with PTSD, yes, their ability to reason is quite diminished. George, I have many friends with multiple mental disabilities....PTSD, bipolar, multiple personalities...you name it, I've seen it, and I've done extensive research on them all so that I am better able to understand and help my friends. We're not judging ptsdkid on the fact that he has PTSD; rather, we question why he throws it out there so often, almost like he wants people to feel sorry for him because of it, or hoping that maybe we'll just shut up and agree with him because of it....who knows?

Regardless, you're barking up the wrong tree. I'm not even the one that originally brought it up, so why are you arguing so vehemently with me on this one? It's not even the core issue at hand here. The issue is that he seems to be a very angry person, regardless of his disability.

George_Washington said:

I am the person that brought it his psychiatric disorder, George. And I stand by what I said. Someone who is in receipt of a 100% disability evaluation from the Dept. of Veterans Affairs is someone who is considered wholly disabled. The kinds of symptoms a person has to have in order to be granted that rating are symptoms of someone who is not in touch with reality--they cannot remember family names, they are unkempt, they have hallucinations, they have delusions, etc. Sorry, but someone who meets that kind of criteria cannot be that logical if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom