• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Who is angrier?

Who are the angrier members here at DP?

• MixedMedia and Stace

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • ptsdkid and aquapub

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • other - please specify

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

Stace

Boobie Jubilee
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Figured I'd better throw this down here, because I'm pretty certain that some words will eventually be said that aren't appropriate for upstairs viewing. :mrgreen:

This did start upstairs, however.

Please note that you can choose multiple answers, and that your votes are private unless you discuss your answers - Which is highly encouraged, of course!

the fact that this has to be asked is making my brain hurt:lol:

RightatNYU said:
the fact that this has to be asked is making my brain hurt:lol:

There there....go have a beer.....that'll ease the pain. :2razz:

oh, oh, oh, I can be angrier? please, please, please?....:mrgreen:

cherokee said:
oh, oh, oh, I can be angrier? please, please, please?....:mrgreen:

well, sure.....if ya really want to be....

Stace said:

As good as you look in a bikini Stace... You can be as angry as you want....::lol:

Stace said:

ahh right!
hmmm,
who can I hurt? After all acording to robodick, oop's sorry I ment robodoon I'm a good German....:doh

Interesting that you included aquapub. I thought I was the only one who saw him as being angry. ;)

Your poll almost becomes moot from the start. The fact that aqua and myself are conservatives or republicans insures from the previous facts/polls that we are considerably 'happier' than liberals in general.

Here you are pitting two liberal females against two conservative males in the quest to find who is angrier? It has already been established that liberals are less happy than we cons, and that females are much more psychologically unstable and unfit to assume the role of political leadership roles. There are a few exceptions to that rule, however. Conservative women like Condi Rice and Margaret Thatcher are not only happy women--they have the emotional stability to rule in the political and governmental realm.

Until liberal women learn that abortion is murder, and that not having the human capacity to nurture and love that child--you will never show up on any scale of happiness in this world.

ptsdkid said:
Your poll almost becomes moot from the start. The fact that aqua and myself are conservatives or republicans insures from the previous facts/polls that we are considerably 'happier' than liberals in general.

Here you are pitting two liberal females against two conservative males in the quest to find who is angrier? It has already been established that liberals are less happy than we cons, and that females are much more psychologically unstable and unfit to assume the role of political leadership roles. There are a few exceptions to that rule, however. Conservative women like Condi Rice and Margaret Thatcher are not only happy women--they have the emotional stability to rule in the political and governmental realm.

Until liberal women learn that abortion is murder, and that not having the human capacity to nurture and love that child--you will never show up on any scale of happiness in this world.

This coming from someone who is 100% disabled due to a psychiatric disorder.

aps said:

:clap: That's the spirit, aps!!!!

ptsdkid said:

You haven't proven or established a damn thing.

You're obviously not a happy person, you can't even understand humor.

And your whole theory on which sex is more emotionally stable? Yeah, we debunked that one a looong time ago.

:roll:

Calm2Chaos said:
As good as you look in a bikini Stace... You can be as angry as you want....::lol:

:3oops:

And don't forget that onslaught of hormones I've got right now....:mrgreen:

Stace said:
:clap: That's the spirit, aps!!!!

Give me a break. I'm going to take a psychological opinion from someone whose disability rating includes a finding that the person has "gross impairment in thought processes"? Ummm, no.

Hiya Stace. ;)

aps said:

***What does having a psychiatric disorder have to do with one's happiness? The fact that I was able to overcome some very debilitating combat traumas to the point of where my happiness and goal-oriented ideals have become paramount--make for many engaging public speaking sessions at various medical milieus a sign of my progress and contentment with life.
I still maintain that conservatives are happier people because they have learned the 'work ethic', whereas, liberals depend on others (especially the government) to take care of their every dependable need.

ptsdkid said:
***What does having a psychiatric disorder have to do with one's happiness? The fact that I was able to overcome some very debilitating combat traumas to the point of where my happiness and goal-oriented ideals have become paramount--make for many engaging public speaking sessions at various medical milieus a sign of my progress and contentment with life.
I still maintain that conservatives are happier people because they have learned the 'work ethic', whereas, liberals depend on others (especially the government) to take care of their every dependable need.

Combat trauma? If I remember correctly, you weren't even directly involved in any combat.

And I'm pretty sure that you depend on the VA to provide you with medical treatment, no? I'm sure you receive a nice disability check every month as well. So don't even talk about who depends on the government to take care of their needs.

ptsdkid said:

Conservatives as a whole are happier than liberals. That doesn't at all prove that these particular conservatives are happier than these particular liberals. And its yet another leap of ignorance from "happier" to "less angry"

Where was THAT study again? Must not have caught it, please enlighten.

You're right, that's the crux of this argument.

aps said:
Give me a break. I'm going to take a psychological opinion from someone whose disability rating includes a finding that the person has "gross impairment in thought processes"? Ummm, no.

Hiya Stace. ;)

You know, a good friend of mine has PTSD, but she certainly doesn't go throwing it in peoples' faces like this guy does, nor does she use it as an excuse for anything.

Hiya!!! Where've you been hiding?

Stace said:
You know, a good friend of mine has PTSD, but she certainly doesn't go throwing it in peoples' faces like this guy does, nor does she use it as an excuse for anything.

Hiya!!! Where've you been hiding?

***First to Aps: I have had some level of PTSD for approximately 45 years. So in order to assume a viable life for me and my family--I found it necessary to structure a treatment plan that suits my needs and desires...not the advice of some shrink with his prescription for potentially addictive anti-depressant drugs. So in essence, I've tackled this PTSD scourge by going cold turkey from the git-go. A combination of healthy living, an exercise routine, a dedication to self improvement, and adherence to a strict politically conservative acumen--has helped set me up to be the harbinger of good political tidings for forums like these.

While the initial rating critique for my 100% included statements such as 'gross impairment of thought process'--the fact that I am working on my masters degree in political science seems to show that I have somewhat progressed beyond that forgetable stage.

For Stace: I sure hope it isn't your anger that I see here. If so, we may have to substitute your name in this angry poll. Please point out how I have used this PTSD label as an excuse for anything. Believe me when I tell you that with all of the VA in-patient and out-patients cohorts and tune-ups and group therapies that I've been a member of--I have been the one to suggest or tell others to stop using PTSD as an excuse--to go out and face the real world. Sort of like my message to lackadaisical liberals with their penchant for sucking on the government nipple. BTW, my benefits from the government were earned by my year long role as a combat soldier.

ptsdkid said:
***What does having a psychiatric disorder have to do with one's happiness?

Nothing. My point is that there you are making a determination about who is happier, which is a psychological determination. What I am pointing out is that someone whose disability rating of 100% contemplates that you have gross impairment of thought processes." This would mean that your psychological opinion isn't something I am going to give any probative value to. That's it. I agree that you can be disabled and happy. But I'll ignore your psychological mumbo jumbo, thank you.

The fact that I was able to overcome some very debilitating combat traumas to the point of where my happiness and goal-oriented ideals have become paramount--make for many engaging public speaking sessions at various medical milieus a sign of my progress and contentment with life.

More power to you.

Sorry, but I am a liberal and I have never used the government to provide for my needs. I also have an amazing work ethic, which has served me well thus far. To say that one party has a better work ethic than the other is short-sighted to say the least.

*aps reminds herself that ptsdkid may have gross impairment in thought processes*

ptsdkid said:
A combination of healthy living, an exercise routine, a dedication to self improvement, and adherence to a strict politically conservative acumen--has helped set me up to be the harbinger of good political tidings for forums like these.

"Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber."

aps said:
Nothing. My point is that there you are making a determination about who is happier, which is a psychological determination. What I am pointing out is that someone whose disability rating of 100% contemplates that you have gross impairment of thought processes." This would mean that your psychological opinion isn't something I am going to give any probative value to. That's it. I agree that you can be disabled and happy. But I'll ignore your psychological mumbo jumbo, thank you.

***I thought the link that I had provided asking who was happier...liberals or conservatives was the overriding factor to determining which political party had happier people. Didn't you read that survey? Research the survey findings yourself to find out just why psychology becomes a factor or not with this happiness issue. I am merely giving you my multiple years of psychology experience with my views on this happiness question. The fact that I am right and you are wrong--makes this point of contention all that more difficult for you to assess.

Sorry, but I am a liberal and I have never used the government to provide for my needs. I also have an amazing work ethic, which has served me well thus far. To say that one party has a better work ethic than the other is short-sighted to say the least.

*aps reminds herself that ptsdkid may have gross impairment in thought processes*

***Perhaps not all liberals have used the government or social programs to their benefit--but most do, or most champion these programs when doling out the goods to the have-nots (which are unanimously liberal voters).
A liberal abiding by or claiming to have an amazing work ethic is an oxymoron by nature.

ptsdkid said:
***First to Aps: I have had some level of PTSD for approximately 45 years. So in order to assume a viable life for me and my family--I found it necessary to structure a treatment plan that suits my needs and desires...not the advice of some shrink with his prescription for potentially addictive anti-depressant drugs. So in essence, I've tackled this PTSD scourge by going cold turkey from the git-go. A combination of healthy living, an exercise routine, a dedication to self improvement, and adherence to a strict politically conservative acumen--has helped set me up to be the harbinger of good political tidings for forums like these.

While the initial rating critique for my 100% included statements such as 'gross impairment of thought process'--the fact that I am working on my masters degree in political science seems to show that I have somewhat progressed beyond that forgetable stage.

Okay, ptsdkid, I am feeling guilty for being so rough on you. I do love to hear that you are looking for ways to better yourself. Because the system pays more money the more disabled you are, many veterans don't have an incentive to get better. I applaud you.

And I agree with what you do making you happy. You believe in the conservative agenda, which works for you. However, if you want to assume that I am unhappy or less happy than you, that's cool.

ptsdkid said:
***Perhaps not all liberals have used the government or social programs to their benefit--but most do, or most champion these programs when doling out the goods to the have-nots (which are unanimously liberal voters).
A liberal abiding by or claiming to have an amazing work ethic is an oxymoron by nature.

Yeah yeah yeah yeah

I think some people wind up liberals who have used social programs. My husband is one of them. His father walked out on him, his mother, and his sister. His mom was a stay-at-home mom with no college degree. The bank foreclosed on their house and they were forced to move to a 2 bedroom apartment, where my husband slept in the living room. They were on foodstamps until his mom was able to make enough money for them to live on.

ptsdkid said:
For Stace: I sure hope it isn't your anger that I see here.

Uh...no. I have nothing to be angry about.

If so, we may have to substitute your name in this angry poll.

You obviously missed the fact that my name is already up there. :roll:

Please point out how I have used this PTSD label as an excuse for anything.

Oh, I think the fact that you throw it out there every chance you get is a pretty good indication.

Believe me when I tell you that with all of the VA in-patient and out-patients cohorts and tune-ups and group therapies that I've been a member of--I have been the one to suggest or tell others to stop using PTSD as an excuse--to go out and face the real world.

Well, good for you then. And no, that's not sarcasm.

Sort of like my message to lackadaisical liberals with their penchant for sucking on the government nipple.

ho hum.......

BTW, my benefits from the government were earned by my year long role as a combat soldier.

Well, by that statement alone, my husband should be getting more VA benefits, huh? Well, he should be getting them anyway, he is now somewhat disabled due to breaking his toe during a jump....and I should be getting disability as well, due to my knee injuries sustained while in service....I can't even do most simple exercises, like running and pushups, due to the strain on my knees. But neither of us filed disability claims.....we might in the future, but for now, we're living with our disabilities the best we can.

Anyway, if you're working to overcome your PTSD, that's great, and I applaud you for it. But in my opinion, it's not something you should go around advertising....using it as part of your screenname, and throwing it out in nearly every debate, doesn't really help your case at all.

Back
Top Bottom