• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Who Influences The Democratic Party

Who influences the democrats today

• Kerry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kennedy

• Hillary

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Leiberman

• Dean

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Other

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • A.C.L.U.

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
I voted for other because "one small ultra-wealthy handful of elitist snobs" wasn't among the options.

See the intro to the thread, "Democrats Favor The Rich" for a thorough explanation of the facts that make this answer unavoidable.

aquapub said:
I voted for other because "one small ultra-wealthy handful of elitist snobs" wasn't among the options.

See the intro to the thread, "Democrats Favor The Rich" for a thorough explanation of the facts that make this answer unavoidable.

While no talk show host is likely to garner complete approval from any individual, I disagree that Michael Savage or Sean Hannitty are 'too far to the right' though Michael is the one of the two that most frequently departs the mainstream conservative point of view. Both get after Republicans who depart from conservative values, and both are enjoying enormous success because they are putting out ideas and concepts that mainstream conservatism supports.

These people, along with Laura Inghram, Rush Limbaugh, et al are not influencing the public conscience, but they all reflect conservatives values that you simply can't get anywhere else. It is comforting to us conservatives to be able to hear what we already think.

The Democrats have nothing comparable, and their media outlets reflect the views of the radical extreme left with all its irrational hate, negativity, and, as Aquapub pointed out, 'elitist snobs' who think they are somehow morally superior to the rest of us. It is this that turns off the informed American mainstream. The Dems do as well as they do in the polls because so many Americans aren't informed and let the left tilting mainstream media tell them what to think. And the mainstream media gives a whole lot of attention to those leftwing extremist wackos.

Until the Dems return to their roots and re-establish their own brand of conservatism and solid values that once was manifested in the party, I think they will continue to be out of the mainstream and will continue to lose political influence in America.

AlbqOwl said:
While no talk show host is likely to garner complete approval from any individual, I disagree that Michael Savage or Sean Hannitty are 'too far to the right' though Michael is the one of the two that most frequently departs the mainstream conservative point of view. Both get after Republicans who depart from conservative values, and both are enjoying enormous success because they are putting out ideas and concepts that mainstream conservatism supports.

These people, along with Laura Inghram, Rush Limbaugh, et al are not influencing the public conscience, but they all reflect conservatives values that you simply can't get anywhere else. It is comforting to us conservatives to be able to hear what we already think.

The Democrats have nothing comparable, and their media outlets reflect the views of the radical extreme left with all its irrational hate, negativity, and, as Aquapub pointed out, 'elitist snobs' who think they are somehow morally superior to the rest of us. It is this that turns off the informed American mainstream. The Dems do as well as they do in the polls because so many Americans aren't informed and let the left tilting mainstream media tell them what to think. And the mainstream media gives a whole lot of attention to those leftwing extremist wackos.

Until the Dems return to their roots and re-establish their own brand of conservatism and solid values that once was manifested in the party, I think they will continue to be out of the mainstream and will continue to lose political influence in America.

The democrat party has lost the ability to even talk to the American people and be understood. They are controled by people who think the social theory is more important than actual people. They have no ideas all they say is no.

Kandahar said:
Wow, with one post you've managed to ensure that this thread is headed for the basement. You must feel proud.
You could try to prove me statements are incorrect,but seeing how you responded to post I see that you can not.

JOHNYJ said:
The democrat party has lost the ability to even talk to the American people and be understood. They are controled by people who think the social theory is more important than actual people. They have no ideas all they say is no.

It is true that the Democrat party has no identifiable agenda other than to discredit Republican leaders, particularly the President. I am beginning to see some essays and op-ed pieces here and there that acknowledge this. A few Democrats seem to realize that they can't win by just running against something or with this new talking point slogan "We can do better.". They have to be convincing that they have the ability, conscience, and specific ideas of how to do it better. But instead of focusing on that they keep right on bashing Republican leaders and looking hateful, mean spirited, and petty when they excoriate a man like Samuel Alito. For many many Americans, this is a huge turn off.

Again, the Democrats need to rediscover and emulate their conservative roots and regain a sense of decency, manners, and solid positive American values and they could crush the Republicans who have too often abandoned their conservative base lately. So long as the Democrat leadership cowtows to the radical left wingnuts, the ACLU, and extreme wacko groups, the Democrats are screwed.

Well in my opinion they influence eachother. They're like a bunch of kids with no one watching. :shock:

They remind me of a black hole. Pulling everything in on itself and getting denser and denser and sucking more and more in.

They will destroy the world some day.:(

The democratic party is between a rock and a hard place........The base of the party is controlled by the far left so real democrats like Bayh, Leiberman and Nelson of Nebraska have very little chance to gain their party's nomination for president........

JFK would turn over in his grave if he could see what has become of his party..........

Navy Pride said:
JFK would turn over in his grave if he could see what has become of his party..........

Indeed he would be disgusted by the fact that the mafia has been conscripted by the PNAC, neo-conservative administration.. with yaysayers like partially literate sailors to provide plenty of irresolute diatribe.

Conflict said:
Indeed he would be disgusted by the fact that the mafia has been conscripted by the PNAC, neo-conservative administration.. with yaysayers like partially literate sailors to provide plenty of irresolute diatribe.

How do you not get banned when all you do is insult people that disagree with you?

If he wants to get his info straight, if JFK were alive today and running for office, he'd have to run republican. The dem's wouldn't touch a moderately minded person.

Navy Pride said:
How do you not get banned when all you do is insult people that disagree with you?

I'm a libertarian. My heart does not bleed for your obsequious liberal banter.

Know thy self.

Blue Collar Joe said:
If he wants to get his info straight, if JFK were alive today and running for office, he'd have to run republican. The dem's wouldn't touch a moderately minded person.

You are exactly right......... No one that believes in cutting taxes would ever be accepted by this democratic party.......They only believe in more taxes to pay for their failed social programs...........

Well, shipmate, (former OS1(SW)), he is following the typical left wing drill book on debate. When you have nothing to debate with, resort to petty insults and degrading comments to draw attention away from your ineffective skills. I think that is chapter three.:2razz:

Blue Collar Joe said:
Well, shipmate, (former OS1(SW)), he is following the typical left wing drill book on debate. When you have nothing to debate with, resort to petty insults and degrading comments to draw attention away from your ineffective skills. I think that is chapter three.:2razz:

Thank you for your service my friend, I was and old broke down SKC.....

Yes I very rarely respond to his posts because he adds very little to the debate except for name calling and insults....

By the way, welcome to your forum, looking forward to your input..........

Blue Collar Joe said:

It sounds like you know what you're talking about (draw attention away from your ineffective skills)

I give this two thumbs up!

the ACLU?

Jesus H Christ, that's funny.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Blue Collar Joe said:

Well, shipmate, (former E5 (HT2), you're sounds right out of the right wing play book. Make no actual attempt to debate, simply accuse the other side of exactly what your doing. I think it's chapter one, page two.

The only thing we have to FEAR.... is FEAR itself.

SHHHHH~! Don't tell Bush!

Conflict said:

[Mod Mode On]
Nice camouflage, I almost missed that insult. Stick to debating the topic at hand and don't throw around insult such referring to other members as "partially literate."
[Mod Mode Off]

Blue Collar Joe said:

I voted "other" in the poll.

I think the biggest factor influencing the Democratic Party is the internet. The groundswell of populist Democrats organizing via the internet is an amazing testiment to the power of the people. The people of the Democratic party are ahead of the leadership on a lot of issues, and the party is transforming from the bottom up, rather than the top down. We are finally starting to reverse the trend of top down politics the Dem's took under the DLC leadership.

As for Kennedy - he is still the number one role model for many Dems. When we voted for Clinton, rightly or wrongly, we saw some of that Kennedy magic in him. We see some of that same charisma and leadership abilities in Obama today.

Copy_of_kennedy3_clintonkennedy1963.jpg

As for taxes - Dems would revamp the tax system starting with payroll taxes. Cutting that tax would help 70% of Americans - we would also put the tax rate for the top 1% back to 2000 levels. The middle class has not received any real tax relief under Bush - it's more like crumbs that fall off the table, yet the GOP buys the plan hook line and sinker while our country goes 2,000 million dollars more in debt every day.

hipsterdufus said:

I think the biggest factor influencing the Democratic Party is the internet. The groundswell of populist Democrats organizing via the internet is an amazing testiment to the power of the people. The people of the Democratic party are ahead of the leadership on a lot of issues, and the party is transforming from the bottom up, rather than the top down. We are finally starting to reverse the trend of top down politics the Dem's took under the DLC leadership.

As for Kennedy - he is still the number one role model for many Dems. When we voted for Clinton, rightly or wrongly, we saw some of that Kennedy magic in him. We see some of that same charisma and leadership abilities in Obama today.

Copy_of_kennedy3_clintonkennedy1963.jpg

As for taxes - Dems would revamp the tax system starting with payroll taxes. Cutting that tax would help 70% of Americans - we would also put the tax rate for the top 1% back to 2000 levels. The middle class has not received any real tax relief under Bush - it's more like crumbs that fall off the table, yet the GOP buys the plan hook line and sinker while our country goes 2,000 million dollars more in debt every day.

Well with due respect I think that Kennedy is the biggest embarrassment to the Democratic Party there is....He represents the height of hypocrisy..

As far as the Bush Tax cuts I have to disagree with you on that....I consider myself middle class and have received huge cuts in my taxes under this president.......

Originally posted by Navy Pride:
Well with due respect I think that Kennedy is the biggest embarrassment to the Democratic Party there is....He represents the height of hypocrisy..
Would you care to explain this almost blasphemic statement?

Taxes are a sore point for many. If you give everyone a five percent tax cut, across the board, the dem's ignore that and point out that Mikey Millionaire gets five million dollars back, but Peter Projects gets nothing.
They ignore the fact that Mikey pays in ten million, and Peter pays nothing.
Class warfare is ridiculous, and a common tactic that I don't really care for.
Most rich, when taxes go up, hold onto their money, refusing to invest it in more business ventures. What happens then? Fewer jobs.
The tax cuts were applied to everyone. Thus, the issue of screaming about the dollar amounts.

Originally Posted by hipsterdufus

Obama's good. I think he will be the next President after Hillary.

Back
Top Bottom