• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who here has the Balls, the Honesty, the Strength of Character to...

Ralph Nader has done more for this country than any of the last 5 President's combined, what does Nader have to do with it he says, he says...

Seriously, ChezC3, if you vote third party based on the candidate, you're doing it wrong. Third party voting is a matter of forcing issues to the surface by taking (actual, poll provided) votes away from a major party.

...the obvious question, then, is what drives blacks and latinos to want more government?

if the government hadn't intervened, civil rights would've taken longer than it did ... the federal government played an important role in acquiring freedom for blacks (including ending slavery, Jim Crow), helping the poor and blacks are disproportionately poor, opening up opportunities in education, etc. ...

if the government hadn't intervened, civil rights would've taken longer than it did ... the federal government played an important role in acquiring freedom for blacks (including ending slavery, Jim Crow), helping the poor and blacks are disproportionately poor, opening up opportunities in education, etc. ...
... and now?

Who here has the balls, the honesty, the strength of character to be skeptical and critical of their own party's faults, flaws and mistakes?

This is one of the greatest metrics of integrity, morality and trustworthiness. Absent this, we are lowered to grade school, childish finger pointing, blind self denial, and clique mentality.

I was raised in a traditionally conservative home and taught that your own house needs to be in order before criticizing your neighbors house. The illusion of an ordered house, or denial of disorder is not honest or of strong character and invites tyranny of your neighbor, or their tyranny onto you.

So who here has the balls to call out the corruption and incompetence within their own party?

I wonder how many we can put on a list...

I consider myself to be fiscally conservative and socially liberal, not sure what party that matches up with anymore. Growing up and for most of my life that meant Democratic. Reagan is still a heretic to me for lowering taxes without lowering spending. he also did something that was short term goodness for his party and is now it's albatross. That is pandering to the social conservative crowd. Getting wrapped up in should we have a constitutional amendment for who is allowed to get married is hard to listen to.

Members of the Republican party are so bigoted, they preferred to stay home and allow Obama get elected rather than vote for a Mormon it seems. Then you have McCain who seems to want to bomb everyone.

On the Democratic side, it seems that they have strayed from fighting for equal opportunity for all, which is what America should be about in my view to equal results for all which is not what this country is about. I would also like the party to truly take on the ultra-rich. Raising taxes by a few percent on people over 250K, these are not the super rich. Walk the walk and get rid of "carried interest" which allows the fat cat hedge fund guys who give so much money. Tax all stock options, which is where CEOs make most of their money, ordinary income as well. Then add a bracket above say $5 million and tax that money at 60-70%. Take the cap off earnings when paying social security taxes and protect the promise made to retirees.

Thought I would blow up both parties. Can't decide which I have more disdain for!

Being a party of one, I certainly have the neuticles to call myself out for any and all of my flaws, corruption and incompetence, should I ever find it. To date, I haven't. But I'm ever vigilant. That's strength of character, right there.

I'd never thought of it this way, but I guess I'm a "party of one" too. I always vote for the individual, and I figure that those who don't belong to a party have the luxury of criticizing everybody. :lol:

... that's not an answer

I tend to save answers for serious questions Bubba, you know that ... instead of asking me a silly question designed just to waste my time, why don't you tell us how it is in the best interest of blacks and Latinos to vote for a "I don't give a **** about the 47%" Republican ... maybe it is just a messaging problem and you might be able to help ...

I tend to save answers for serious questions Bubba, you know that ... instead of asking me a silly question designed just to waste my time, why don't you tell us how it is in the best interest of blacks and Latinos to vote for a "I don't give a **** about the 47%" Republican ... maybe it is just a messaging problem and you might be able to help ...

Well ... I figured you'd have to go for one of 3 reasons:

1) that blacks and latinos vote Dem out of gratitude for the past
2) that they remain dependent on Dems according to strategic design
or
3) they fell for the Dem's hate message.

You went for #3, the reason that's most dishonest & insulting to them ... which is not to say it's ineffective.

Well, anyone who says they agree with everything their preferred party does is lying, in my opinion. And we see a lot of that here. Ha! The Republican Party, as my example, has done much that I find embarrassing and not in the best interests of our country. I just think the Democrats do it more often. ;)

Greetings, MaggieD. :2wave:

:agree: Excellent honest post! And you stated it far better than I ever could! :thumbs:

Well ... I figured you'd have to go for one of 3 reasons:

1) that blacks and latinos vote Dem out of gratitude for the past
2) that they remain dependent on Dems according to strategic design
or
3) they fell for the Dem's hate message.

You went for #3, the reason that's most dishonest & insulting to them ... which is not to say it's ineffective.

thanks for reminding me why I didn't bother to respond to your silly question to begin with ... but you keep working on that "messaging" problem Bubba ... that's all it is, a "messaging" problem ... once you get that right, blacks will flock to the GOP and in 2016 vote for Rand Paul, the guy who believes restaurants shouldn't have to serve them, if they don't want to, because of the color of their skin (but I'm sure you'll find a way to message that as well) ...

thanks for reminding me why I didn't bother to respond to your silly question to begin with ... but you keep working on that "messaging" problem Bubba ... that's all it is, a "messaging" problem ... once you get that right, blacks will flock to the GOP and in 2016 vote for Rand Paul, the guy who believes restaurants shouldn't have to serve them, if they don't want to, because of the color of their skin (but I'm sure you'll find a way to message that as well) ...
So then you think the Pubs really do hate latinos & blacks.

...the obvious question, then, is what drives blacks and latinos to want more government?

Actually, pertaining to this very clearly stated thread topic, it's not an obvious question. It's actually an off topic question.

Actually, pertaining to this very clearly stated thread topic, it's not an obvious question. It's actually an off topic question.
Since it's your thread ... I yield.

Who here has the balls, the honesty, the strength of character to be skeptical and critical of their own party's faults, flaws and mistakes?

This is one of the greatest metrics of integrity, morality and trustworthiness. Absent this, we are lowered to grade school, childish finger pointing, blind self denial, and clique mentality.

I was raised in a traditionally conservative home and taught that your own house needs to be in order before criticizing your neighbors house. The illusion of an ordered house, or denial of disorder is not honest or of strong character and invites tyranny of your neighbor, or their tyranny onto you.

So who here has the balls to call out the corruption and incompetence within their own party?

Really if AMERICA could be awakened to the fact that there is a problem here
we could have an election where not one Democrat or Republican gets any
votes at all and we elect representatives from the 3rd party ranks,
talk about making a statement.......

hate? not necessarily, although many no doubt do ... bigoted? yeah, for the most part probably, but even moreso lack an understanding of institutional racism and the role that government has played, and must play, to remedy past discrimination ... but I find that the concept of institutional discrimination is a difficult one to grasp for people who think racism obtains only if someone is calling someone the "n" word, or a lynching, a cross burning ... it can and does take other forms ... but regardless, the perception of many blacks and latinos is that conservatives look down at them ... it'll be hard to change that perception, especially when the Steve Kings of your party compare young Mexicans to drug mules ...

Really if AMERICA could be awakened to the fact that there is a problem here
we could have an election where not one Democrat or Republican gets any
votes at all and we elect representatives from the 3rd party ranks,
talk about making a statement.......

I don't know... I'm starting to really like the "none of the above" option.

:shrug: I have no party. :shrug:

We have that option in NV but "None Of The Candidates" never seems to win any elections, to my dismay.

I'm registered independent since I have no love for either party. Politics attracts a certain type of person and none of them are sincere or trustworthy. The are all bought and paid for before they even get printed on the ballot.

I'd love to see a lie detector test applied as a qualifier for politics. "Are you or anyone you know entering this contest for personal gain?" - Yes or No.

Vote the bums out just allows other bums to get in. Maybe there should be a "none of the above" no confidence vote in primaries and caucuses forcing the party leaders to raise the bar on beyond rhetoric, ambition and connections and focus on character.

Bubba, a few may, but most do not, IMO. Those who hate could be reacting to something in their past involving latinos or blacks. Who knows? For the rest, there are just too many interracial friendships and marriages to disprove that. I think that this racial talk might just be a means for the MSM and others to keep things stirred up, and keep us divided. After all, most whites don't just automatically like all other whites, either, just because they're white! Sheesh! :peace:

Seriously, ChezC3, if you vote third party based on the candidate, you're doing it wrong. Third party voting is a matter of forcing issues to the surface by taking (actual, poll provided) votes away from a major party.

I'm sorry but I don't think voting your conscience is "doing it wrong".

I'm sorry but I don't think voting your conscience is "doing it wrong".

Currently, a third party candidate is NOT gonna win. Voting third party based on candidate is myopic and, frankly, small minded. Perhaps after the party has 5% in a general and the next year polls 20-30% such a push could happen. Until then, it's about issues and not the candidate.

I don't care about your idol-based conscience. It's irrelevant. And besides, Nader is an asshole.

I'm a registered Libertarian... and i'm not sure there's enough bandwidth available for me to list all the way my party is ****ed up

Back
Top Bottom