• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who has the wining message among independents?

Hicup

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
I thought I'd give it a go, and try my best to keep an open mind on the issues and how I anecdotally see them within the confines of my sphere of influence.

1. Ilegal immigration - GOP I think is winning this one.
2. Healthcare - I think for now the democrats are wining but only because the GOP have been unable to articulate an alternative. (Individual mandate aside)
3. Criminal reform - Not sure either way, but my instinct tells me that most American's, independents included, think putting the bad guys away is a good thing. (Defining bad guys is tricky and wherein lies the rub)
4. Abortion - I think the GOP is winning this based solely on just how far to the extreme the democrats have become on the issue.
5. Trade - I think this might be a toss up among independents but, I don't think the issue is that high on the list for most, and are willing to give the President more time.
6. Foreign wars peace - If Trump can manage to stay away from war, I think he wins this.
7. Education - I would be remiss if I thought all independents thought the way I do on this issue, but my gut tells me that the GOP is on the right track.
8. Economy - Hands down the single biggest issue for most people, and I don't think it's even close. GOP all the way.
9. Tariffs (Similar to the economy) - Most people don't even understand it, frankly, and as such are willing to give the President more time.
10. Legalization of pot - I think the Dems are winning here, although I smoke pot myself occasionally, I wouldn't want to legalize it.

That's 10 I can think of off the top of my head, feel free to add yours and reasons why you agree or disagree with my take.

Tim-

Sometimes, a typo is perfect. Which party is "winning," and which one is "whining"? And are the independents drowning their sorrows in wine? ;)

Re #7, in what way are Republicans on the right track?

Sometimes, a typo is perfect. Which party is "winning," and which one is "whining"? And are the independents drowning their sorrows in wine? ;)

Vouchers.

School choice and charter schools. In the Top HS in the US many are charters. Bill Gates and Warren Buffett are the biggest donors to charters. Dumb move for some to oppose them.

I thought I'd give it a go, and try my best to keep an open mind on the issues and how I anecdotally see them within the confines of my sphere of influence.

2. Healthcare - I think for now the democrats are wining but only because the GOP have been unable to articulate an alternative. (Individual mandate aside)
3. Criminal reform - Not sure either way, but my instinct tells me that most American's, independents included, think putting the bad guys away is a good thing. (Defining bad guys is tricky and wherein lies the rub)
4. Abortion - I think the GOP is winning this based solely on just how far to the extreme the democrats have become on the issue.
5. Trade - I think this might be a toss up among independents but, I don't think the issue is that high on the list for most, and are willing to give the President more time.
6. Foreign wars peace - If Trump can manage to stay away from war, I think he wins this.
7. Education - I would be remiss if I thought all independents thought the way I do on this issue, but my gut tells me that the GOP is on the right track.
8. Economy - Hands down the single biggest issue for most people, and I don't think it's even close. GOP all the way.
9. Tariffs (Similar to the economy) - Most people don't even understand it, frankly, and as such are willing to give the President more time.
10. Legalization of pot - I think the Dems are winning here, although I smoke pot myself occasionally, I wouldn't want to legalize it.

That's 10 I can think of off the top of my head, feel free to add yours and reasons why you agree or disagree with my take.

Tim-

My gut says you are a die hard trumper

Re #3, what are the Democrats' ideas on criminal reform?

I'm voting against the idiot king. My top issue is win.

Tim-

I see your open mind is the mind of a republican.

well, talk to me, what about my post troubles you?

Tim-

You give the dems two out of ten. Health care only because the GOP hasn't articulated a plan and weed which you smoke occasionally but still want it to remain illegal. That makes sense. I do however have to laugh about education, you think the GOP is winning there? Now that's funny for the party who likes to deny science.

You give the dems two out of ten. Health care only because the GOP hasn't articulated a plan and weed which you smoke occasionally but still want it to remain illegal. That makes sense. I do however have to laugh about education, you think the GOP is winning there? Now that's funny for the party who likes to deny science.

75% of black kids don't learn to read and write in California...a DEMOCRATIC SUPER MAJORITY STATE....wanna splain that away?

No Question
There are a number of ideas, but all of the will meet blank rejection by Democrats. The subject has been tabled until after the 2020 election.
Big win for Trump. He made serious points with minorities.
Hard to say. Both sides have been extreme.
The tax law is huge on this one.
Trump has been brilliant in foreign policy. It's one of the best Presidential terms in decades.
7. Education - I would be remiss if I thought all independents thought the way I do on this issue, but my gut tells me that the GOP is on the right track. Perhaps, but no one cares.
Don't count the chickens yet. There are danger signs.
This boils down to China. Results are still unclear.
I have to disagree with you on this. As a political points, it's small potatoes.

Tim-

Not a bad list. Trump has been very good, which surprised me quite a bit.

75% of black kids don't learn to read and write in California...a DEMOCRATIC SUPER MAJORITY STATE....wanna splain that away?

Can you point me towards that info? I would like to look into it. Thanks

Can you point me towards that info? I would like to look into it. Thanks

Three of four African-American boys in California classrooms failed to meet reading and writing standards on the most recent round of testing, according to data obtained from the state Department of Education and analyzed by CALmatters.

More than half of black boys scored in the lowest category on the English portion of the test, trailing their female counterparts. The disparity reflects a stubbornly persistent gender gap in reading and writing scores that stretches across ethnic groups.

Data Exclusive: 75 percent of black California boys don't meet state reading standards | CALmatters

Back
Top Bottom