• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who has the main ownership of US mainstream medias?

yz89

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Hi,

Someone believe that a little, maybe 5 to 10 zionist peoples have the main ownership of US mainstream medias.

Is it true? If so, do US citizens like this?

Thank you

The Federal Reserve System, World Bank, prescription drug and insurance companies and bankers have sone ownership in the big media conglomerates. I think "Zionist" is a label that gets thrown around a lot. Some may be but others are probably not. They care about their personal interests more than anything else.

They do tend to show Israel as an innocent victim where in reality they do just as much ****ed up **** as others in the reigion.

The media backs them because that's where the money is.

Last edited:
The Federal Reserve System, World Bank, prescription drug and insurance companies and bankers have sone ownership in the big media conglomerates. I think "Zionist" is a label that gets thrown around a lot. Some may be but others are probably not. They care about their personal interests more than anything else.

They do tend to show Israel as an innocent victim where in reality they do just as much ****ed up **** as others in the reigion.

The media backs them because that's where the money is.

Thank you Johnny for the info.

May I know how many peoples they are? because someones believe that US main politics have been made just by afew but richest peoples.

Also someones believe that Zionist has the most seepage in US main politics.

I never travel US and mybe these are false. You live there and I'm interested in you idea.

Thanks.

I have no clue. Most of my post is opinionated. I'm sure others on here know more about it.

Hi,

Someone believe that a little, maybe 5 to 10 zionist peoples have the main ownership of US mainstream medias.

Thank you

I get it... It's the Jooooos.

Wonderful. That all we need on this forum.

Each of the main U.S. television networks are owned by other parent companies. CBS is owned by ViaCom, NBC is owned by GE, ABC is owned by Disney, CNN is owned by TimeWarner and FoxNews is owned by News Corp. This linked article details how much each parent company has contributed to which political party either directly or via their network affiliates, or to what PAC.

Note: The title of the article is misleading; it's from CNN but the headline makes it sound like FoxNews' parent company has contributed to Republicans only which according to the article isn't true. Per the article, network owners have contributed to both sides.

I have always thought it was a hyperhole the claims that "zionists" owned US media because it is factually not true. But on a lower level (non ownership) that is another matter

I get it... It's the Jooooos.

Wonderful. That all we need on this forum.

don't you realise the jews control the western media, except for the bits of media that they say are anti-semitic.

I have always thought it was a hyperhole the claims that "zionists" owned US media because it is factually not true. But on a lower level (non ownership) that is another matter

Ah. Gotta watch those (*ahem*) "Zionists" hiding in those "lower levels," eh?

Starting with the OP -- it's been a while since there's been an openly anti-Jew threat outside of the ME forum.

Did I say that? No.

But I do believe that Jews have a relative larger impact on editorial lines than Muslims in the US, and especially relative to their portion of the US population and that has put in a pro Israeli bias in US media across the board and also in society as a whole. Does it bother me? No, I could care less as long as the bias is as obvious as it is, but it would be nice if there was a more balanced approach in US media when we are talking about the middle east.

But it does play right into the hands of the anti-semites that continue to spread the idiotic idea that Jews control US media.

Did I say that? No.

But I do believe that Jews have a relative larger impact on editorial lines than Muslims in the US, and especially relative to their portion of the US population and that has put in a pro Israeli bias in US media across the board and also in society as a whole. Does it bother me? No, I could care less as long as the bias is as obvious as it is, but it would be nice if there was a more balanced approach in US media when we are talking about the middle east.

But it does play right into the hands of the anti-semites that continue to spread the idiotic idea that Jews control US media.

That clears it right up. Yeah.

Last edited:
Starting with the OP -- it's been a while since there's been an openly anti-Jew threat outside of the ME forum.

Actually I didn't try to start an anti-jew thread, I just tried to verify which I hear from someones and some medias.

Last edited:
No doubt Jewish lobby's have an impact on how America chooses to see the conflict.

But considering these companies are divided up between many different stock holders, no, i wouldn't say they where ALL Jewish.

Hi,

Thank you

No it's not true, I actually conducted a study to disprove this "Jews run the media" bull**** once and for all.

I used the parameters of CEO's and Owners of the companies in question, my sample population was the 3 major 24 hour cable news networks (Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC) and the 4 largest broadcast television networks (CBS, NBC, Fox, and ABC) along with the 10 leading U.S. newspapers which are from highest to lowest, USA Today, The Wallstreet Journal, the New York Times, the LA Times, The Washington Post, the New York Daily News, The Chicago Tribune, The New York Post, Long Island Newsday, and The Houston Chronicle.

CBS is currently owned by CBS Corporation, the CEO of CBS is Lesley Moonves, he is Jewish:

Les Moonves

Both NBC and MSNBC are currently owned by GE the CEO of GE is Jeffrey R. Immelt, he is white:

Jeffrey R. Immelt

Fox News is a subsidiary of News Corp the CEO of which is Rupert Murdoch, he is not Jewish, he is white and Christian:

Rupert Murdoch

ABC is currently owned by The Walt Disney Company the CEO of which is Robert Iger, he is white:

Robert Iger

The article from the open source wikipedia claims that he is Jewish but the link provided in the citation section breaks, this article claims he is white.

CNN is currently owned by Time Warner Inc. the CEO of which is Jeffrey L. Bewkes he is white:

Jeffrey L. Bewkes

Now on to newspapers.

USA Today is owned by Gannet Company the CEO of which is Craig A. Dubow he is white:

Craig A. Dubow

The Wallstreet Journal is a subsidiary of Newscorp owned by the non-Jew Rupert Murdoch (I won't be counting people twice).

The New York Times is owned by the New York Times Company, of which the Chairman of the Board is Arthur Ochs Sulzberger, Jr he is White Anglican/Episcopalian:

Arthur Sulzberger, Jr.

It has been claimed elsewhere that he is in fact Jewish so now we're probably going to have to settle on another set of parameters IE how are you classifying someone as Jewish? Are we using the Nuremberg Laws which defined a Jew as someone as having 3 to 4 Jewish grandparents?

The LA Times is owned by the Tribune Company which was recently bought by Sam Zell, he is Jewish:

Samuel Zell

The Washington Post is owned by the Washington Post Company the CEO of which is Donald E. Graham he is white:

Donald E. Graham

The New York Daily News is owned and operated by Mortimer Zuckerman this article labels him white but I'm fairly sure that he is Jewish:

Mort Zuckerman

The Chicago Tribune is owned by Tribune Co. (again I won't be counting people twice).

The New York Post is a subsidiary of Newscorp.

The Long Island Newday is owned by Tribune Co..

The Houston Chronicle is owned by the Hearst Corporation, the CEO of which is Frank A. Bennack, Jr. he is White:

Frank A. Bennack, Jr.

O.K. now that wasn't very difficult at all. 3 out of 12 are definately Jewish, that's 25% which is high considering that Jews only make up 2% of the overall U.S. population, however, most of these companies are headquartered in New York City and New York City has a 20% Jewish population in fact 1/3 of the entire Jewish population of the U.S. lives in NYC so the disrportionate numbers in relation to the U.S. population in general are not surprising given that statistic, in actuality they in fact have nearly equal representation in the media in correlation with the Jewish population in the area where most of these companies are headquartered which is still far from controlling the media or even control over a slight majority of the media.

Last edited:

How rapidly a claim that there is a jewish influence in the media turns into accusation of full blown anti-semitism. Nice. Im sure youre going to call someone a holocaust denier before this thread dies.

No doubt Jewish lobby's have an impact on how America chooses to see the conflict.

But considering these companies are divided up between many different stock holders, no, i wouldn't say they where ALL Jewish.

I seriously doubt that AIPAC has a larger overall influence than Arab oil money.

How rapidly a claim that there is a jewish influence in the media turns into accusation of full blown anti-semitism. Nice. Im sure youre going to call someone a holocaust denier before this thread dies.

Jews controlling the media is standard anti-semitic propaganda.

No it's not true, I actually conducted a study to disprove this "Jews run the media" bull**** once and for all.

I used the parameters of CEO's and Owners of the companies in question, my sample population was the 3 major 24 hour cable news networks (Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC) and the 4 largest broadcast television networks (CBS, NBC, Fox, and ABC) along with the 10 leading U.S. newspapers which are from highest to lowest, USA Today, The Wallstreet Journal, the New York Times, the LA Times, The Washington Post, the New York Daily News, The Chicago Tribune, The New York Post, Long Island Newsday, and The Houston Chronicle.

CBS is currently owned by CBS Corporation, the CEO of CBS is Lesley Moonves, he is Jewish:

Les Moonves

Both NBC and MSNBC are currently owned by GE the CEO of GE is Jeffrey R. Immelt, he is white:

Jeffrey R. Immelt

Fox News is a subsidiary of News Corp the CEO of which is Rupert Murdoch, he is not Jewish, he is white and Christian:

Rupert Murdoch

ABC is currently owned by The Walt Disney Company the CEO of which is Robert Iger, he is white:

Robert Iger

The article from the open source wikipedia claims that he is Jewish but the link provided in the citation section breaks, this article claims he is white.

CNN is currently owned by Time Warner Inc. the CEO of which is Jeffrey L. Bewkes he is white:

Jeffrey L. Bewkes

Now on to newspapers.

USA Today is owned by Gannet Company the CEO of which is Craig A. Dubow he is white:

Craig A. Dubow

The Wallstreet Journal is a subsidiary of Newscorp owned by the non-Jew Rupert Murdoch (I won't be counting people twice).

The New York Times is owned by the New York Times Company, of which the Chairman of the Board is Arthur Ochs Sulzberger, Jr he is White Anglican/Episcopalian:

Arthur Sulzberger, Jr.

It has been claimed elsewhere that he is in fact Jewish so now we're probably going to have to settle on another set of parameters IE how are you classifying someone as Jewish? Are we using the Nuremberg Laws which defined a Jew as someone as having 3 to 4 Jewish grandparents?

The LA Times is owned by the Tribune Company which was recently bought by Sam Zell, he is Jewish:

Samuel Zell

The Washington Post is owned by the Washington Post Company the CEO of which is Donald E. Graham he is white:

Donald E. Graham

The New York Daily News is owned and operated by Mortimer Zuckerman this article labels him white but I'm fairly sure that he is Jewish:

Mort Zuckerman

The Chicago Tribune is owned by Tribune Co. (again I won't be counting people twice).

The New York Post is a subsidiary of Newscorp.

The Long Island Newday is owned by Tribune Co..

The Houston Chronicle is owned by the Hearst Corporation, the CEO of which is Frank A. Bennack, Jr. he is White:

Frank A. Bennack, Jr.

O.K. now that wasn't very difficult at all. 3 out of 12 are definately Jewish, that's 25% which is high considering that Jews only make up 2% of the overall U.S. population, however, most of these companies are headquartered in New York City and New York City has a 20% Jewish population in fact 1/3 of the entire Jewish population of the U.S. lives in NYC so the disrportionate numbers in relation to the U.S. population in general are not surprising given that statistic, in actuality they in fact have nearly equal representation in the media in correlation with the Jewish population in the area where most of these companies are headquartered which is still far from controlling the media or even control over a slight majority of the media.

Very impression but since when is "Jewish" a race?" As in white vs. Jewish?

I seriously doubt that AIPAC has a larger overall influence than Arab oil money.

It's the Christain right that has more influence on how we interact with Israel than anything else.

Hi,

Thank you

I think it would be hard to prove that zionists are at the helm of the U.S. media, but it's easily provable that only a few individuals own majority share of the media establishment. Rupert Murdoch comes to mind. Personally, I am very wary of media that is not publically owned. Corporate media falls under the private sector and thus is subject to the whims of the owners, and it's dangerous for the press to be centralized in this way.

In my teens, before I became more politically conscious, I used to watch the news and take it at face value. Since then I have relied on many different sources, and I can say that based on my own experiences, most major corporate mass media outlets do not disseminate the entire story, or it is selectivized to carry a different meaning. Would you call this lying? That is debatable... unless we talk about lying through omission, but that is not a violation of the law.

Very impression but since when is "Jewish" a race?" As in white vs. Jewish?

The articles in question specifically list if they are Jewish or not, I used other sources as well when there was a question of their ethnicity for example Mortimer Zuckerman is listed as white by that source but upon closer review he is in fact Jewish so I put him in the Jewish category. I, also, clearly stated that we may need to set up a new set off parameters due to people changing their religions, I mean are we considering someone who was born Jewish but is now Christian as Jewish or do we count them as Christian, or are we using the Nuremberg Laws which defined a Jew as someone as having 3 to 4 Jewish grandparents?

Last edited:
I think it would be hard to prove that zionists are at the helm of the U.S. media,

Well I certainly just proved that Jews are not at the helm.

but it's easily provable that only a few individuals own majority share of the media establishment. Rupert Murdoch comes to mind.

Wrong there are 12 CEO's, Chairmen of the Boards, and Owners of the 3 24 Hour News Networks, 4 Major Broadcast Stations, and 10 Leading Newspapers and the majority are publically traded corporations in which each shareholder gets a vote and is part owner.

Personally, I am very wary of media that is not publically owned.

Most are publically traded companies, why would you trust a state owned media monopoly over a competivite decentralized private media?

Corporate media falls under the private sector and thus is subject to the whims of the owners, and it's dangerous for the press to be centralized in this way.

lmfao, wow, you just said you would rather have public media which would be centralized into a single monopoly controlled by the state conglomerate. These are publically traded companies that's what a corporation is, every shareholder gets a vote, and there are many corporations in competition with one another, you can't get anymore decentralized than that, and you can't get more centralized than state ownership.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom