• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who has the main ownership of US mainstream medias?

You're talking about "Loose Change"; I'm not going to indulge in 9/11 conspiracy theories, and while I had sympathy for you for a while, you've entirely lost it now. Farewell.

Sorry, I didn't know that you're sensitive on these, I didn't want to distember you.

I have no clue. Most of my post is opinionated. I'm sure others on here know more about it.

Newscorp is the largest - owning Fox, Fox News, about 25 local TV stations, plus Fox Studios, Fox Searchlight + The New York Post, The Wall Street Journal, and Dow Jones. And Harper Collins books, and about 10 magazines.

Disney is way up there too with TONS of TV holdings including ABC, ESPN, A&E, all the various Disney channels + the obvious film holdings + a MASSIVE number of radio stations around the country. They also hold tons of publishing companies.

Columbia University has this site: Who Owns What | Columbia Journalism Review that shows who owns what.

The sad part is, the number of owners has dropped by half just since 1985 and most people spend their days watching or reading stuff from only two to five companies.

Could you accept that Bin-Laden, an un-educated afghan, escaped from US security system, the US! a country which it's technology is famous?! I can't beilieve.
Actually, the bin-Laden family is Yemeni... transplanted in Saudi Arabia. OBL was not on the American radar until the African US embassy bombings. It is virtually impossible for Western intelligence agencies to track people in Afghanistan's Kandahar province, the Tora Bora mountain ranges, and the Frontier Provinces of Pakistan.

We have another Iranian here at Debate Politics. Quite unlike you though, he is extraordinarily honest about Iranian problems.

As I said previously yz89, I have been to Iran. I love the Iranian people, but you have an extremely repressive and paranoid government that engages in widespread human rights abuses, fosters nuclear proliferation, and funds/supports terrorist organizations (Hezbollah and Hamas). The Iranian government is right up there with the repressive/paranoid North Korea regime.

Did I say that? No.

But I do believe that Jews have a relative larger impact on editorial lines than Muslims in the US, and especially relative to their portion of the US population and that has put in a pro Israeli bias in US media across the board and also in society as a whole. Does it bother me? No, I could care less as long as the bias is as obvious as it is, but it would be nice if there was a more balanced approach in US media when we are talking about the middle east.

But it does play right into the hands of the anti-semites that continue to spread the idiotic idea that Jews control US media.

Perhaps the reason there are few Muslims involved in the American media, or any significant free world media, is that Muslims don't put the same importance on education as do Jewish families.

Spend your life studying the Koran and that's pretty much all you'll know.

It's like studying Marxist economics. You're chances of advancement are limited.

Newscorp is the largest - owning Fox, Fox News, about 25 local TV stations, plus Fox Studios, Fox Searchlight + The New York Post, The Wall Street Journal, and Dow Jones. And Harper Collins books, and about 10 magazines.

Disney is way up there too with TONS of TV holdings including ABC, ESPN, A&E, all the various Disney channels + the obvious film holdings + a MASSIVE number of radio stations around the country. They also hold tons of publishing companies.

Columbia University has this site: Who Owns What | Columbia Journalism Review that shows who owns what.

The sad part is, the number of owners has dropped by half just since 1985 and most people spend their days watching or reading stuff from only two to five companies.

Newscorp also owns several publications and channels in other countries. They are pretty massive, this is just one of the many reasons Rupert Murdoch gets compared to Citizen Kane...

Actually, the bin-Laden family is Yemeni... transplanted in Saudi Arabia. OBL was not on the American radar until the African US embassy bombings. It is virtually impossible for Western intelligence agencies to track people in Afghanistan's Kandahar province, the Tora Bora mountain ranges, and the Frontier Provinces of Pakistan.

Iran's government is more powerfull than Bin-Laden and you say that it's extremely repressive and funds/supports terrorist organizations so it can attack too, specially when US nav shut their passenger airplane on persian gulf waters, so, why it waits?!

If attacking US is such simple for Bin-Laden, why other terrorist organizations don't attack, specially when US attacked their friend, Bin-Laden?!

What about "Loose Change"?

We have another Iranian here at Debate Politics. Quite unlike you though, he is extraordinarily honest about Iranian problems.

As I said previously yz89, I have been to Iran. I love the Iranian people, but you have an extremely repressive and paranoid government that engages in widespread human rights abuses, fosters nuclear proliferation, and funds/supports terrorist organizations (Hezbollah and Hamas). The Iranian government is right up there with the repressive/paranoid North Korea regime.

I love the US peoples who have clear hearts too, I love Bill Gates, I Love ..., and also I'm aware about our problems and hear enough about them in mainstream medias.
But currently, these are not the topic of this thread.

I love the US peoples who have clear hearts too, I love Bill Gates, I Love ..., and also I'm aware about our problems and hear enough about them in mainstream medias. But currently, these are not the topic of this thread.
I don't think you're going to find what you're looking for here in our Bias in the Media forum.

Try here... Conspiracy Theories

Tashah, may I know where are you from?
Thank you
Certainly. I'm from the United States and Israel.

Can I ask you... do you live in Qom?

Certainly. I'm from the United States and Israel.

Can I ask you... do you live in Qom?

No, not at all. I'm not Ayatollah:) Just a simple Software Engineer from Iran.

How you're from two countries?!

The problem lies not only in who owns the American media (Rupert Murdoch) but also the mere handful of companies which hold the reins.

The problem lies not only in who owns the American media (Rupert Murdoch) but also the mere handful of companies which hold the reins.

the mere handful of RICH companies

What transpired before 1979 neither mitigates nor absolves the current Iranian regime.
The way our commercial media covered the independence revolution of Iran (from being a torture-driven American puppet) and the current Iranian situation, helps demonstrate the extreme bias of rich corporate media.

Iran has oil rich corporations want to make money from. Iran might destroy the corporate petrodollar. Corporations own commercial media. Commercial media tells us "Go kill the Ayatollahs!"

It's a fairly clear case of a mouthpiece being used for its own private gain.

Did I say that? No.

But I do believe that Jews have a relative larger impact on editorial lines than Muslims in the US, and especially relative to their portion of the US population and that has put in a pro Israeli bias in US media across the board and also in society as a whole. Does it bother me? No, I could care less as long as the bias is as obvious as it is, but it would be nice if there was a more balanced approach in US media when we are talking about the middle east.

But it does play right into the hands of the anti-semites that continue to spread the idiotic idea that Jews control US media.

Here is another of those horrible "anti-semites" spreading further that "idiotic idea" that Jews control the US media....The Los Angeles Times is evidently another terrible nazi rag!!!! LOL......You are a real hoot champ, thanks for the comic relief.

Who runs Hollywood? C'mon - Los Angeles Times

EXCERPT:

"How deeply Jewish is Hollywood? When the studio chiefs took out a full-page ad in the Los Angeles Times a few weeks ago to demand that the Screen Actors Guild settle its contract, the open letter was signed by: News Corp. President Peter Chernin (Jewish), Paramount Pictures Chairman Brad Grey (Jewish), Walt Disney Co. Chief Executive Robert Iger (Jewish), Sony Pictures Chairman Michael Lynton (surprise, Dutch Jew), Warner Bros. Chairman Barry Meyer (Jewish), CBS Corp. Chief Executive Leslie Moonves (so Jewish his great uncle was the first prime minister of Israel), MGM Chairman Harry Sloan (Jewish) and NBC Universal Chief Executive Jeff Zucker (mega-Jewish). If either of the Weinstein brothers had signed, this group would have not only the power to shut down all film production but to form a minyan with enough Fiji water on hand to fill a mikvah."

]"I don't care if Americans think we're running the news media, Hollywood, Wall Street or the government. I just care that we get to keep running them."

Joel Stein

Rabid anti-semite, and Columnist for the LA Times

Last edited:
Here is another of those horrible "anti-semites" spreading further that "idiotic idea" that Jews control the US media....The Los Angeles Times is evidently another terrible nazi rag!!!! LOL......You are a real hoot champ, thanks for the comic relief.

Who runs Hollywood? C'mon - Los Angeles Times

EXCERPT:

"How deeply Jewish is Hollywood? When the studio chiefs took out a full-page ad in the Los Angeles Times a few weeks ago to demand that the Screen Actors Guild settle its contract, the open letter was signed by: News Corp. President Peter Chernin (Jewish), Paramount Pictures Chairman Brad Grey (Jewish), Walt Disney Co. Chief Executive Robert Iger (Jewish), Sony Pictures Chairman Michael Lynton (surprise, Dutch Jew), Warner Bros. Chairman Barry Meyer (Jewish), CBS Corp. Chief Executive Leslie Moonves (so Jewish his great uncle was the first prime minister of Israel), MGM Chairman Harry Sloan (Jewish) and NBC Universal Chief Executive Jeff Zucker (mega-Jewish). If either of the Weinstein brothers had signed, this group would have not only the power to shut down all film production but to form a minyan with enough Fiji water on hand to fill a mikvah."

]"I don't care if Americans think we're running the news media, Hollywood, Wall Street or the government. I just care that we get to keep running them."

Joel Stein

Rabid anti-semite, and Columnist for the LA Times

Someone posted this in another thread, and I asked him there:

So what? Why does it matter?

Hi,

Someone believe that a little, maybe 5 to 10 zionist peoples have the main ownership of US mainstream medias.

Is it true? If so, do US citizens like this?

Thank you

"Zionist" is a racist term and thusly should never be used.

Moderator's Warning:
The thread has been moved. After careful examination, it is clear that:

1. The thread was not started to discuss the accuracy/objectivity of media reporting.
2. The thread was started to discuss the conspiracy theory of "Zionist" control of key pillars of society, in particular the media in this case.

That the thread has had a lot of discussion does not change the actual nature of the thread. Hence, it was moved to where it properly belongs.

Back
Top Bottom