• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who has the main ownership of US mainstream medias?

Most are publically traded companies, why would you trust a state owned media monopoly over a competivite decentralized private media?

When did I say anything about a monopoly? Can you please stop making things up that I never said?

lmfao, wow, you just said you would rather have public media which would be centralized into a single monopoly controlled by the state conglomerate. These are publically traded companies that's what a corporation is, every shareholder gets a vote, and there are many corporations in competition with one another, you can't get anymore decentralized than that, and you can't get more centralized than state ownership.

See last. Nowhere did I say I wanted a monopoly. A mixed system is better, which is why I like the Canadian system. We have state sponsored news (which is actually quite reliable) and corporate news. My process of being cultured to news in Canada has made me aware that our public news tends to hold less bias than the corporate news networks, but both contain different pieces of information.

America's support of Israel also has to do with a large evangelical Christian base that supports the nation. The commitment increased since Israel has become one of America's main allies in fighting Islamic extremism in the ME. Combine that with the fact that there are about 3xs as many Jews as Muslims here, and you've got "Zionist" America.

When did I say anything about a monopoly? Can you please stop making things up that I never said?

You said you wanted a public media which is another way of saying a state owned media.

See last. Nowhere did I say I wanted a monopoly. A mixed system is better, which is why I like the Canadian system. We have state sponsored news (which is actually quite reliable) and corporate news. My process of being cultured to news in Canada has made me aware that our public news tends to hold less bias than the corporate news networks, but both contain different pieces of information.

I've noticed that the PBS and NPR have a decidely left wing bias. And you have state owned "sponsored" newspapers there?

America's support of Israel also has to do with a large evangelical Christian base that supports the nation. The commitment increased since Israel has become one of America's main allies in fighting Islamic extremism in the ME. Combine that with the fact that there are about 3xs as many Jews as Muslims here, and you've got "Zionist" America.

It helps that Israel is, also, the only actual democracy in the entire region and they pump out more doctors and scientists per capita than any other country on the planet.

Maybe we support them more because (and here's a novel thought) they are simply a nation-state worthy of support.

You said you wanted a public media which is another way of saying a state owned media.

But I never said a state owned monopoly, and now that I am clarifying what I meant for the second time, please stop pretending that you're right when you're not.

I've noticed that the PBS and NPR have a decidely left wing bias. And you have state owned "sponsored" newspapers there?

The lean is not relevant to my point, which is that news should come from relatively accurate sources, and in my country I trust CBC.

Combine that with the fact that there are about 3xs as many Jews as Muslims here, and you've got "Zionist" America.

I did a little checking, and as of 2007 the estimated Jewish population in America was 5.1 million. The Muslim population estimates in America vary from 3 to 7 million depending on the source. According to Islamicpopulation.com, the Muslim population in America for 2008 was 6.2 million, which means there are actually more Muslims in America than there are Jews.

Even if you take the low estimate of 3 million Muslims, that still doesn't support your claim that there are 3 times as many Jews in America, than there are Muslims.

Very very thanks for all answers here, I know more than before now, thank you.

OK, it can be wrong that "zionist controls US medias" but I don't believe it's an "anti-semitic propaganda". I think this thought is because of US hard support for zionist and Israel. Actually, Israel is like a red-line for US government. nobody should say anything against them elsewhere he have exceeded the US government red-line. So, it seems that this hard support causes this that someone says: "zionist has a deep influence in US government".

Very very thanks for all answers here, I know more than before now, thank you.

OK, it can be wrong that "zionist controls US medias" but I don't believe it's an "anti-semitic propaganda". I think this thought is because of US hard support for zionist and Israel. Actually, Israel is like a red-line for US government. nobody should say anything against them elsewhere he have exceeded the US government red-line. So, it seems that this hard support causes this that someone says: "zionist has a deep influence in US government".

You're from Iran? I didn't even know you guys could express political opinions down there. I'd sure be scared to sign up to DP if i where you. Just sayin'.

Last edited:
But I never said a state owned monopoly, and now that I am clarifying what I meant for the second time, please stop pretending that you're right when you're not.

The lean is not relevant to my point, which is that news should come from relatively accurate sources, and in my country I trust CBC.

Well personally I am very wary of anything that is publicly owned especially the media, see Pravda, Cuban press, Chavez press, etc etc.

Or conversely Faux News Corp. from the private owners.

Actually I didn't try to start an anti-jew thread, I just tried to verify which I hear from someones and some medias.

Yeah, the Iranian media.
They have great investigation shows there you know, just the other day I've seen one where they finally reach the enlightning conclusion that the Holocaust is nothing but a 'Zionist' invention.

Joel Stein of the LA Times said:
Who runs Hollywood? C'mon
December 19, 2008|JOEL STEIN

I have never been so upset by a poll in my life. Only 22% of Americans now believe "the movie and television industries are pretty much run by Jews," down from nearly 50% in 1964. The Anti-Defamation League, which released the poll results last month, sees in these numbers a victory against stereotyping. Actually, it just shows how dumb America has gotten. Jews totally run Hollywood.

How deeply Jewish is Hollywood? When the studio chiefs took out a full-page ad in the Los Angeles Times a few weeks ago to demand that the Screen Actors Guild settle its contract, the open letter was signed by: News Corp. President Peter Chernin (Jewish), Paramount Pictures Chairman Brad Grey (Jewish), Walt Disney Co. Chief Executive Robert Iger (Jewish), Sony Pictures Chairman Michael Lynton (surprise, Dutch Jew), Warner Bros. Chairman Barry Meyer (Jewish), CBS Corp. Chief Executive Leslie Moonves (so Jewish his great uncle was the first prime minister of Israel), MGM Chairman Harry Sloan (Jewish) and NBC Universal Chief Executive Jeff Zucker (mega-Jewish). If either of the Weinstein brothers had signed, this group would have not only the power to shut down all film production but to form a minyan with enough Fiji water on hand to fill a mikvah.

The person they were yelling at in that ad was SAG President Alan Rosenberg (take a guess). The scathing rebuttal to the ad was written by entertainment super-agent Ari Emanuel (Jew with Israeli parents) on the Huffington Post, which is owned by Arianna Huffington (not Jewish and has never worked in Hollywood.)

The Jews are so dominant, I had to scour the trades to come up with six Gentiles in high positions at entertainment companies. When I called them to talk about their incredible advancement, five of them refused to talk to me, apparently out of fear of insulting Jews. The sixth, AMC President Charlie Collier, turned out to be Jewish.

While another poster has covered the TV networks and some of the newspaper chains in the US, Joel Stein covers the commercial film industry.

While another poster has covered the TV networks and some of the newspaper chains in the US, Joel Stein covers the commercial film industry.

So what? Do you have a problem with Jews? If so, just say so.

I guess that answers that.

For the life of me, I have never understood why people are so terrified of Jews. I really, really haven't.

Last edited:
Well personally I am very wary of anything that is publicly owned especially the media, see Pravda, Cuban press, Chavez press, etc etc.

You're comparing Canadian news to that of a totalitarian regime? lol...

Britain and Canada both have state owned media... CBC and BBC, and they have been trusted news sources for a LONG time.

I think you need to get your facts straight.

The Bilderberg Group runs the mainstream medias as well.

I guess that answers that.

For the life of me, I have never understood why people are so terrified of Jews. I really, really haven't.

It's always been so as far as I can tell.
I think that the reason for the global antisemitism and the hatred towards the Jews is one of the most ancient unexplainable mysteries in the history of mankind.

Um the CEO and Chairman of the Board of Newscorp is Rupert Murdoch a non-Jew, that's one problem with your article right there.

I did cover the newspapers and the t.v. stations and found that a) they do not control over even have a slight majority of CEO's, Chaimens of the Board, or Owners in the media, it's 25% which is high in relation to the overall population of the United States but is proportional to the Jewish population found where most of these companies are headquarted IE NYC.

Owners of media are members and participants of the Bilderberg Group. He's not wrong.

The Bilderberg "Group" isn't a group at all, it's a Conference, that's like saying that the United Nations runs the world, while technically true in the sense that most nations have representation in the United Nations, iit is highly inaccurate because the United Nations does not actually set policy within any given nation state which has representation within the U.N..

The whole does not control the parts of the whole at all.

The Bilderberg "Group" isn't a group at all, it's a Conference, that's like saying that the United Nations runs the world, while technically true in the sense that most nations have representation in the United Nations, iit is highly inaccurate because the United Nations does not actually set policy within any given nation state which has representation within the U.N..

The whole does not control the parts of the whole at all.

Yes, and like any conference, all the business and government elite meet to discuss strategy. The only difference is that they do it privately and we aren't allowed to know what they are up to. The same with the Council on Foreign Relations. Your equivocation is annoying as usual, and comparing to the United Nations - something that we are all privy to - to something like the Bilderberg Group is just asinine.

Yes, and like any conference, all the business and government elite meet to discuss strategy. The only difference is that they do it privately and we aren't allowed to know what they are up to. The same with the Council on Foreign Relations. Your equivocation is annoying as usual, and comparing to the United Nations - something that we are all privy to - to something like the Bilderberg Group is just asinine.

Again, the Bilderberg Conference does not set policy for the people who attend it anymore than the U.N. sets policy for the member states, it is a near perfect analogy. The United Nations conducts closed door meetings all the time far more often than the Bilderberg "Group." The Bilderberg Group doesn't control anything, again the whole is not in control of the individual parts.

Back
Top Bottom