• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who has seen the video of Senator Michael Bennet of Colorado going off in response to Senator...

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Who has seen the video of Senator Michael Bennet of Colorado going off in response to Senator Cruz's 'crocodile tears'?

If you have seen it what did you think?

Who has seen the video of Senator Michael Bennet of Colorado going off in response to Senator Cruz's 'crocodile tears'?

:applaud

Just who is this Bennet guy and why should we care if he went off? He is 1% of the Senate and his name recognition is, ummm, rather minimal.

Anybody that knows the Senate and the Senators knows that Bennet is not a showboat. He is a quiet, studious, serious Senator and when he says he simply could not stand silent for the nonsense from the WH and the other side of the aisle its because it is just gone on too long. I watched it live and was much impressed. New Alabama Senator Jones was sitting right next to Bennet and you could see Jones calculating if he had the juice to offer up such a proud moment on the floor of the Senate.

I've seen it. Everyone should.

Why didn't you include it in your OP so folks who haven't seen it would have ready access to it?

FWIW, his remarks about Cruz are the least of what's worth hearing in his comments.

Last edited:
Anybody that knows the Senate and the Senators knows that Bennet is not a showboat. He is a quiet, studious, serious Senator and when he says he simply could not stand silent for the nonsense from the WH and the other side of the aisle its because it is just gone on too long. I watched it live and was much impressed. New Alabama Senator Jones was sitting right next to Bennet and you could see Jones calculating if he had the juice to offer up such a proud moment on the floor of the Senate.

I could tell from Bennett’s tone of voice that this was something he was passionate about. The way he described his fellow Colorado constituents suffering from a flood during the 2013 shutdown showed that he felt their pain.

Warm-up and exposure for 2020 ...

Just who is this Bennet guy and why should we care if he went off? He is 1% of the Senate and his name recognition is, ummm, rather minimal.

Not anymore

Warm-up and exposure for 2020 ...

Hmm, I don't think so. I never heard of him before this. I got the impression that what cruz said really pissed him off. It's good to see a dem standing up to the bs people like cruz try to put forward for reality.

Why didn't you include it in your OP so folks who haven't seen it would have ready access to it?

FWIW, his remarks about Cruz are the least of what's worth hearing in his comments.
Thanks for putting up the video, even tho I could only bring myself to watch the first two minutes, then forced down another minute or so of this pitiful crybaby hogwash.

This guy is soooOOOOooo compassionate about his own state's troubles and expects Cruz to be sympathetic/empathetic yet calls the wall medieval [ does he not have the first clue, does he truly not know about the amount of crime spilling across that southern border, the flow of drugs killing Americans, the gangs bringing the drugs, the murders, rapes, physical and sexual abuse, the human and sexual trafficking, the drunken driving accidents/deaths caused particularly in the border states...???

But also all across the entire United States now? 10-22 million illegals here, somewhere spread across the nation. Where is his compassion then? The only reason, and you know it, that you will listen to this guy and this rant is because he is against Trump and the wall. Plain and simple.

Hell, the guy was on the very verge of sniffling, crying about the very principled stance Cruz valiantly stood for against the establishment's slenderman and his own personal wall, Obamadon'tcare.

I call bull****

You are quite right; everyone should see this, every minute of it. This guy is the kind of person every voter hopes their own senator will be... a true believer who works for the people who elected him, and for the good of the nation as a whole.

You are quite right; everyone should see this, every minute of it. This guy is the kind of person every voter hopes their own senator will be... a true believer who works for the people who elected him, and for the good of the nation as a whole.
Yeah right. Confirmation bias anyone...

I could tell from Bennett’s tone of voice that this was something he was passionate about. The way he described his fellow Colorado constituents suffering from a flood during the 2013 shutdown showed that he felt their pain.

This. I'm not often moved by a politician's speech, but this moved me.

Just what the doctor ordered.

Thanks for putting up the video, even tho I could only bring myself to watch the first two minutes, then forced down another minute or so of this pitiful crybaby hogwash.

This guy is soooOOOOooo compassionate about his own state's troubles and expects Cruz to be sympathetic/empathetic yet calls the wall medieval [ does he not have the first clue, does he truly not know about the amount of crime spilling across that southern border, the flow of drugs killing Americans, the gangs bringing the drugs, the murders, rapes, physical and sexual abuse, the human and sexual trafficking, the drunken driving accidents/deaths caused particularly in the border states...???

But also all across the entire United States now? 10-22 million illegals here, somewhere spread across the nation. Where is his compassion then? The only reason, and you know it, that you will listen to this guy and this rant is because he is against Trump and the wall. Plain and simple.

Hell, the guy was on the very verge of sniffling, crying about the very principled stance Cruz valiantly stood for against the establishment's slenderman and his own personal wall, Obamadon'tcare.

I call bull****

You expect us to think you care about the troubles immigrants cause while sneering at the troubles caused to the people of Colorado as a result of the shutdown started by Cruz. Considering the sympathy shown to the victims of school shootings (none), to the victims of Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico (none), to the victims of Trump's family separation policy (none) and to the victims of the shutdown (none), any tears you have over troubles caused by immigrants aren't very convincing.

One would suspect, as a matter of fact, that any humanitarian problems aren't at the heart of your position on immigrants to begin with.

Really got me. That guy rarely speaks up like that.

I thought he did a good job. Basically, "what they said ^^^" who liked it.

What I get tired of, though, is what Cruz said in that linked video - about the Coast Guard. Of course they should get paid for the hard work they do, but I'm a little sick and tired of elevating the military to some special class of people who (in this case) deserve a paycheck while others do not. Do families of FBI agents or TSA workers or IRS workers somehow count LESS, their struggles less important, than the families of the Coast Guard? Bottom line is the principle behind paying the Coast Guard applies across the board, to everyone WORKING and keeping the place running but without pay.

So **** you, Sen. Cruz - you don't get to cry and whine about the Coast Guard, use them as your shield, and say **** YOU!! to the rest of the 800,000 workers, and their families, plus the million private contractors and their families, going through the same struggles as the military families. Open it up, pay them all.

I thought he did a good job. Basically, "what they said ^^^" who liked it.

What I get tired of, though, is what Cruz said in that linked video - about the Coast Guard. Of course they should get paid for the hard work they do, but I'm a little sick and tired of elevating the military to some special class of people who (in this case) deserve a paycheck while others do not. Do families of FBI agents or TSA workers or IRS workers somehow count LESS, their struggles less important, than the families of the Coast Guard? Bottom line is the principle behind paying the Coast Guard applies across the board, to everyone WORKING and keeping the place running but without pay.

So **** you, Sen. Cruz - you don't get to cry and whine about the Coast Guard, use them as your shield, and say **** YOU!! to the rest of the 800,000 workers, and their families, plus the million private contractors and their families, going through the same struggles as the military families. Open it up, pay them all.

I think Ted Cruz made a gaffe and said “post guard”. He merged the post office and coast guard

I watched the whole thing. This man speaks some serious truths. thank you

I call bull****

You're sick

Bennett is one of my senators. He is mild mannered and keeps a relatively low profile, especially because CO is still not a sure state for national Democrats. His anger was effective and well timed. The floods he mentioned devastated massive parts of the state. Cruz was literally shutting down the government as it happened. I was happy to see Bennett get a little bit worked up over Trump's manufactured shutdown. His body language is so awkward though.

Back
Top Bottom