• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who do you want to win the presidency?

Who do you want to win the presidency?

• Sanders

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • Trump

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Kasich

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Clinton

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Other

Votes: 10 22.2%

• Total voters

Viking11

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I think most of Bernie Sanders' ideas are great. I support free healthcare, free college, paid maternity leave, gay marriage, abortion, marijuana, etc. But I STRONGLY disagree with Bernie Sanders on immigration, and immigration is a very important issues to me. I believe we should enact strict immigration laws to keep America a majority-White nation. So unfortunately, Trump needs to win.

Last edited:
I support free healthcare, free college

Why stop there? How about free housing, free vehicles, free vacation travel expenses, free groceries?

I believe we should enact strict immigration laws to keep America a majority-White nation.

I can understand why whites would want to protect their heritage. Its instinctive and natural. You are probably most comfortable with people that look like you. That being said the world is changing. White America will cease and we will be a much more diverse nation. Either adapt to it or perish.

I think most of Bernie Sanders' ideas are great. I support free healthcare, free college, paid maternity leave, gay marriage, abortion, marijuana, etc. But I STRONGLY disagree with Bernie Sanders on immigration, and immigration is a very important issues to me. I believe we should enact strict immigration laws to keep America a majority-White nation. So unfortunately, Trump needs to win.

Nothing is "free" the argument is how and who is going to pay for it.

Why stop there? How about free housing, free vehicles, free vacation travel expenses, free groceries?

Do you think we should get rid of "free" K-12 education as well? Either you think that only people who can afford an education should get one, or your opposition to K-16 education is completely arbitrary.

While we pay more per person for healthcare than any other nation on earth, do you think poor people should be left to die if they can't afford to see a doctor?

I believe we should enact strict immigration laws to keep America a majority-White nation.

That's a pretty wild belief that is absolutely contradictory with American values.

What's Trump gonna do? Build a wall? I'm confident that no matter what he won't be able to do much with immigration.

I think most of Bernie Sanders' ideas are great. I support free healthcare, free college, paid vacation time, paid maternity leave, gay marriage, abortion, marijuana, etc.

I don't know about those things, but Trump does support those other things. Even though he claims to be pro-life he did say he thinks he sister who supports late term abortion would make a good supreme court judge and he has supported pro-abortion positions in the past.

But I STRONGLY disagree with Bernie Sanders on immigration, and immigration is a very important issues to me. I believe we should enact strict immigration laws to keep America a majority-White nation. So unfortunately, Trump needs to win.
If you think Trump is going to crack down on illegal immigration then I got some ocean front property in Arizona and a bridge to sell you.

fast forward to 1:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B2LDQoC46M

Donald Trump tells immigrant advocates ?You?ve convinced me?

What's Trump gonna do? Build a wall? I'm confident that no matter what he won't be able to do much with immigration.

Lol, agree. Essentially any person on earth can jump on a plane to the US and enter on a tourist visa. Building a wall is completely and totally pointless and is just a distraction for the poorly educated.

It isn't so much this time who one should want to be President. Each and every one of the candidates is an embarrassment to the country and a terrible risk. So the question is more about which will probably do least harm.

PS: Yep. BS is great, if you are down and out. It's only, when you pay taxes that it hurts.

I want Presidency to lie fallow for 4 years.

While we pay more per person for healthcare than any other nation on earth, do you think poor people should be left to die if they can't afford to see a doctor?

That's a pretty wild belief that is absolutely contradictory with American values.

The United States government is not a church. It is not the governments job to save people that do not want to be saved.

Poor people must be left to die because it is impossible for the government to save everyone. Capitalism is a model based on the survival of the fittest. The cream of the crop rises to the top.

I think we have disagreement of the term "free" because K-12 education is not FREE.

No one at any point has ever meant that any of these programs are actually free. People like you simply insert this ridiculous strawman because you have no good arguments against it. Unless you oppose K-12 education being available to all Americans you don't really have a fundamental reason to be opposed to K-16 education.

The United States government is not a church. It is not the governments job to save people that do not want to be saved.

Poor people must be left to die because it is impossible for the government to save everyone. Capitalism is a model based on the survival of the fittest. The cream of the crop rises to the top.

This is completely disgusting and you should feel bad as a human being for believing such a thing. And essentially every other first world country provides full coverage to ALL citizens, so this "it's impossible" argument is complete nonsense.

And not being able to afford health insurance in this country = "not wanting to be saved"? Care to explain that?

No one at any point has ever meant that any of these programs are actually free. People like you simply insert this ridiculous strawman because you have no good arguments against it. Unless you oppose K-12 education being available to all Americans you don't really have a fundamental reason to be opposed to K-16 education.

This is completely disgusting and you should feel bad as a human being for believing such a thing. And essentially every other first world country provides full coverage to ALL citizens, so this "it's impossible" argument is complete nonsense.

And not being able to afford health insurance in this country = "not wanting to be saved"? Care to explain that?

There must be a social safety net in America. There has to be a way to save people who truly need help. But that net cannot become a cage. And especially not a generational prison. No one wants to let people die in the streets, not even our friend Bucky, but neither do we want a governmental plantation upon which we depend for everything.
It seems that the social programs, which consume the vast bulk of our national resources, have become a sort of corral in which the citizenry mills about waiting for their next handout. What I want to do is find a way to make those handouts less frequent and less attractive thereby making that corral smaller and less populated.
Not because people have died from neglect, but because those people have found they can survive without the handouts.

My vote is going to nobody. He's a great guy that plans to do nothing and I believe he'll do it.

My vote is going to nobody. He's a great guy that plans to do nothing and I believe he'll do it.

Hear, hear!

Nobody.gif

I'm trying to see the downside. Once the Automation Bubble arrives then bursts, this is pretty much something that will be a must.
People wave the work flag like its actually something amazing and awesome. For a majority, I think you will find its just a way to get by.

Nothing is "free" the argument is how and who is going to pay for it.
The .5%
In theory at least.

I want Marilyn Vos Savant as president but she's likely not available.

I'm trying to see the downside. Once the Automation Bubble arrives then bursts, this is pretty much something that will be a must.
People wave the work flag like its actually something amazing and awesome. For a majority, I think you will find its just a way to get by.

No, it just means we need to come up with another way for people to gain access to goods. I would recommend changing the monetary system, not giving people things for free.

Do you think we should get rid of "free" K-12 education as well?

Public school aren't free...

Either you think that only people who can afford an education should get one, or your opposition to K-16 education is completely arbitrary.

Not everyone is cut out for college for varies reasons....so the situation between high school and college is quite different. Making it free will not change that.

While US health care cost are high..factor in things like the US does the majority of medical research and development of new drugs and of course, malpractice insurance all that makes the difference in US health care cost. Hospitals passing on EM services to the poor and billing insured patients to make up the different is another factor.

ROTFLMAO :2dance:...Values is code for PC.

I don't necessarily want Trump to win, I don't want any of them to win, but of the choices we actually have, Trump is clearly the best choice, as horrible as that is to say.

Lol, agree. Essentially any person on earth can jump on a plane to the US and enter on a tourist visa. Building a wall is completely and totally pointless and is just a distraction for the poorly educated.

I don't think a dirt poor Latino tiring to escape poverty south of the border is going to jump on any plane any time soon to come to the US to pick oranges. Just saying.

The head in the sand evil racism ....disgusting !

No, it just means we need to come up with another way for people to gain access to goods. I would recommend changing the monetary system, not giving people things for free.

Sounds like you are talking about 18th and 19th century which used the barter system instead of currency.

Back
Top Bottom