• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who do you trust?

Who do you trust? Who is honest? Who cares about America?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Patrickt

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Okay, we're down to Sen. Clinton and Mr. Trump as the two Democrats running for President, one running as a Republican. As you might guess, I am not a Trumpkin. I've never voted for a Democrat to be president and I won't now, even if he's running as a Republican.

Now, a poll. Who do you trust? Who do you think is honest? Who do you think cares about America and would put the country's welfare above personal greed?

An easy poll.

Okay, we're down to Sen. Clinton and Mr. Trump as the two Democrats running for President, one running as a Republican. As you might guess, I am not a Trumpkin. I've never voted for a Democrat to be president and I won't now, even if he's running as a Republican.

Now, a poll. Who do you trust? Who do you think is honest? Who do you think cares about America and would put the country's welfare above personal greed?

An easy poll.

I trust neither Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump.

They both have proven themselves to be untrustworthy, corrupt, lying candidates.

Donald Trump is dishonest, does not deserve trust and will act like the thin skinned buffoon that he is which means he risks the welfare of the US and it's people rather than allowing someone to "insult/slight" him. And Donald Trump may care about America but he (or so it sounds) cares more about himself than anyone or anything else. He will almost certainly not make a wonderful president.

Hillary Clinton clearly has honesty problems (especially around the email issue), she deserves a reasonable amount of trust as she has shown herself steady in her political career and her reign as SS so there is a good hope that she will put the country about her own character defects. She cares about America but clearly also has issues there, especially with regard to her husband and their foundation and she will have to distance herself completely from that foundation (and that goes for Billy boy too). She will make a reasonable president possibly, who knows but the odds are that she will be a lot better than Trump seem immense.

Sadly that option does not exist in the poll.

They both have serious issues and if either party would have had a decent candidate, neither would ever stand a chance to become president. If the republicans had not nominated Trump, the odds of Hillary becoming president would have been slim. And if the democrats had nominated someone else than Clinton, the odds of that person trouncing Trump would have been immense.

This is a case of choosing the least bad candidate.

Peter King: "This is a case of choosing the least bad candidate."

That's what I thought through Gov. Romney and Sen. McCain. Actually, I've never voted for someone I actually wanted to see president but they were always, supposedly, a bit less disgusting than the other.

No more. I will not do that again, ever. You are right. The Republicans had the White House handed to them by Barack Obama and they screwed the pooch by managing to find someone that stinks enough that some think Sen. Clinton is better.

Her stints at the State Department did have it's moments. Uranium to Russia. Behghazi to hell. Aside from the State Department there was money to Hillary from the family of Marc Rich and by an absolutely amazing coincidence a Presidential Pardon to Marc Rich.

Sorry, Peter. To me, neither deserves a vote.

If you're a liberal, Jill Stein is a better candidate and if you're a conservative Gov. Johnson is a better candidate.

An easy poll.

Trust is fine, if you have robust and reliable checks and balances. The two candidates you mention only show that we should be worrying about whether we have enough control to prevent the worst.

Donald Trump is dishonest, does not deserve trust and will act like the thin skinned buffoon that he is which means he risks the welfare of the US and it's people rather than allowing someone to "insult/slight" him. And Donald Trump may care about America but he (or so it sounds) cares more about himself than anyone or anything else. He will almost certainly not make a wonderful president.

Hillary Clinton clearly has honesty problems (especially around the email issue), she deserves a reasonable amount of trust as she has shown herself steady in her political career and her reign as SS so there is a good hope that she will put the country about her own character defects. She cares about America but clearly also has issues there, especially with regard to her husband and their foundation and she will have to distance herself completely from that foundation (and that goes for Billy boy too). She will make a reasonable president possibly, who knows but the odds are that she will be a lot better than Trump seem immense.

They both have serious issues and if either party would have had a decent candidate, neither would ever stand a chance to become president. If the republicans had not nominated Trump, the odds of Hillary becoming president would have been slim. And if the democrats had nominated someone else than Clinton, the odds of that person trouncing Trump would have been immense.

I don't think so, the only thing Hillary cares about is herself. Just look at how she has disavowed every major policy achievement that Bill had and not only that, she has forced him to disavow them too.

I don't think so, the only thing Hillary cares about is herself. Just look at how she has disavowed every major policy achievement that Bill had and not only that, she has forced him to disavow them too.

Well, to each their own but even with that, she still wins the race for best of the worst presidential candidates hands down.

Especially after the new barrage of childish attacks, Crooked Hillary? Hillary Rotten Clinton? Or him describing her as totally unhinged? For real? The unstable factor Trump calls someone else unfit for being unhinged :lamo

Well, to each their own but even with that, she still wins the race for best of the worst presidential candidates hands down.

Especially after the new barrage of childish attacks, Crooked Hillary? Hillary Rotten Clinton? Or him describing her as totally unhinged? For real? The unstable factor Trump calls someone else unfit for being unhinged :lamo

the old unhinged mantra,sure he is and clinton sat and watch good men die and did nothing,i am still laughing,clinton is the one who is unhinged here is a list of hillary clinton's screw ups,only an unhinged person could show her face with a record like this;;;;;;;;

Gave Russia a reset button which reset cold war

Lack of a coherent plan to address the Arab Spring

Deteriorating relations with Israel

Assessment of Bashar al-Assad (whom she labeled a “reformer”)

Cluelessness that withdrawal of U.S. forces in Iraq would give the radicals a foothold

Benghazi scandal

Lack of bringing to justice the jihadists who killed our 4 Americans

Victory lap on Osama bin Laden giving a false impression of al-Qaeda’s decimation

Blindsiding the Israeli prime minister with a public declaration of U.S. policy on “1967 borders”

Backing Hugo Chavez’s candidate in Honduras rather that the middle and business classes’ choice (who was also pro-American)

Relaxation of Cuban sanctions followed by Alan Gross’s imprisonment

Surprising Poland and the Czech Republic by pulling out anti-missile sites

Embracing Hosni Mubarak (calling him a family friend) just when pressure was needed to prevent what ultimately became his overthrow

The lack of a cogent approach to the Middle East

Failing to take decisive action in Syria before jihadists poured into the country

The decision to overthrow President Gaddafi in Libya

Downplaying human rights, especially with China

Failing to robustly support the Green Revolution

Engagement of Iran and foot-dragging on sanctions, allowing Iran to reach the cusp of a nuclear weapons capability

Announced “pivot” to Asia without carrying through

Erased email server

Clinton cash

Maintaining the status quo with Pakistan

the fact that this woman is being considered by some as presidential material is laughable.

run don run

the old unhinged mantra,sure he is and clinton sat and watch good men die and did nothing,i am still laughing,clinton is the one who is unhinged here is a list of hillary clinton's screw ups,only an unhinged person could show her face with a record like this;;;;;;;;

Let us start simple, when did Clinton sit and watch good men die and do nothing?

I disagree in the extreme with your assessment of Hillary. She screwed the pooch with the Russian re-set, the Libyan and Egyptian coups and the Syrian debacle which goes on today. Question: If you are Assad and know that the violent overthrow of your regime will result in your death, AS IT DID FOR THE LEADERS IN IN EGYPT AND LIBYA, are you going to go on fighting or quietly "do the right thing"?

You seem to be a victim of the reporting that characterizes the candidates.

IF HILLARY WAS A REPUBLICAN, do you think a day would pass when we were not subjected to a re-hash of all of her many scandalous actions and involvements? This is not likely...

What Trump has said he wants to do is strengthen the borders, strengthen the military, enforce the law and create favorable trade treaties. He also wants our allies to step up and fulfill their commitments. We know that he understand the planning aspects of making a budget. Wouldn't it be refreshing to have a budget presented that was a reasonable plan of action and that was followed by our lawmakers?

What in this is bad for the US and the US population?

We know that Hillary opposes Trump's goals which means that she wants to weaken the borders, weaken the military, continue the selective and crony application of the law, continue the bad negotiation of trade deals, continue the overpayment of the monies to cover the weakness of our allies and continue to piss on the budget and grow the debt.

What in this is good for the US and the US population?

An easy poll.

Both are lying sacks of **** who only care about their own personal greed. Neither would put the country above their own personal greed.This election just shows what gullible fools the American people are. Someone who did and supported the things Clinton did should have never gotten the liberal vote.And someone who supported liberal positions,praised the jobs of liberal and RINO and donated to liberal and RINO politicians they despise should have never gotten the conservative vote,heck it shouldn't have even gotten the republican vote in general. But people are ****en fools who believe what someone is telling them what they want to hear instead of actually going by a candidate's past words and actions. I could understand if it was the 1990s or before and people falling for that ****.But today the past views,votes and actions of candidate running for office at the federal level can easily be looked up online.

I trust myself because I know what I'm going to do.

:lol:

Anyways he next President of the USA will be Hillary Clinton.

Hillary is just smart enough to have a filter

Hillary is just smart enough to have a filter

No, Sen. Clinton can avoid the press and the public because she feels that between Clintonistas and fraud she'd got it in the bag.

Trust is fine, if you have robust and reliable checks and balances. The two candidates you mention only show that we should be worrying about whether we have enough control to prevent the worst.

The Constitution gave us the control but we've allowed the liberals to piss on the Constitution.

Neither, but then again, I don't trust any political candidates, period.

I choose option 5: Donald Trump is the lesser of evils.

The Constitution gave us the control but we've allowed the liberals to piss on the Constitution.

It has certainly been the liberals that been undermining it.

I trust both of them. When either one is elected to the Presidency, that person will immediately become honest and lead our great nation to the next level, and we'll live happily ever after. The end.

I trust both of them. When either one is elected to the Presidency, that person will immediately become honest and lead our great nation to the next level, and we'll live happily ever after. The end.

If only it were that simple.

Impulsive sociopath or calculating psychopath, pick your poison; both are self-absorbed narcissists in it exclusively for their own aggrandizement.

Last edited:

An easy poll.

"Doesn't care about America" is far too extreme for Hillary, but it was the closest option. Both Hillary and Trump care most about the golden axiom: Anything that increases my power is self-legitimizing.

Having **** thrown at me > than eating a **** sandwich Hillary (known ingredients) > eating a **** sandwich Trump (unknown ingredients)

Back
Top Bottom