• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Who do you think is the biggest threat to America?

Biggest Threat?

• Terrorists still

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • China and their nucs

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Mexico and illegal immigrants

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Other please specify

Votes: 35 47.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianGuy

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I'm not really sure you have done a good job at stopping the terrorists after 9-11 but still...

I don't think it's a who so much as it is a what. I think that rational ignorance will be the undoing of what America stands for as far as a free electorate being in charge of their country.

I choose other....I think the biggest threat to the USA is Liberals.........

God forbid they ever get in power they will want to treat terrorism as a police action like Clinton did.........

good point "they will sell neuse that will hang them." good point why didn't I make that a choice

I think a fairly large threat is the conservatives that are fanning the flames.

There, I made a generalization too. Cool huh? I sound intelligent don't I?

Acctually, North Korea has nuclear weapons, and we are in peace talks, mexicans dont hate us, but our borders are a problem from terrorists, and terrorists are all over, so they will ALWAYS be the biggest threat, for even if every country hates the US and they all have nukes, there is more chance of terrorists sneaking in and blowing up a building than any country having the guts to start a thermonuclear war that could destroy the world 500 times over..... China is acctually being funded by the U.S., (not with their nuclear program, but their industry) so they arent going to attack us unless they want their overpopulated nation to pay up more taxes... so i pick the terrorists for they are all over, particualr countries are vulnerable, for we know where they are, and we can monitor them, while terrorists are ALL over. All we can do to stop THEM is to try to get as much security as possible and make evacuation plans just like fire drills, most deaths are caused by panic from terrorist attacks.... atleast the major ones, car bombs usually kill the people near it.... i seriously doubt the U.S. would ever be attacked by a nation for many countries' currency is pinned to the dollar, not to mention if we were taken over, all the U.S. dollars circulating all over the world, for it is the most abundant currency, would suddenly be invalid, and economies would go crazy, same thing for Europe, the Euro.... hell, many are pinned to them too. Thats why terrorists can attack.... the worst that happens to them is death, which seems to be unimportant to them, while people of a particular nation look forward to death to them, and social and economic disrest for their families and friends.... thats if terrorists have families and friends... for i wouldnt know.... all i know is many countries are pinned to our and the UK's and China's economies.... and i think that would have SOME effect on all the 3rd world countries....

Provita said:
Acctually, North Korea has nuclear weapons...

Yes I know that I should have put countries with nuclear weapons but I put China there because they threatened to use them

o ok :mrgreen:

I had to vote "other".
Nor do I think it is a "who" but a what.

I think the biggest threat to American is the lack of a thorough and sound education.

Coolguy said:

I had to vote "other".
Nor do I think it is a "who" but a what.

I think the biggest threat to American is the lack of a thorough and sound education.

umm whats sound identification?

i can promise you one thing, we wont be attacked to start a war, terrorists will attack, but a particular country wont, look what happened to japan when they killed a couple of play boats :mrgreen: (pearl harbor)

The biggest threat to America still comes from the simple yet dangerous topic of "nuclear proliferation."

Globally, that's really the biggest threat. Another 9-11, another Tim McVeigh, another China... we survived all those things and really, we're not too much the worse for wear...

Until the wrong guy gets his hands on a nuke.

teacher said:
Your welcome. Or are you being sarcastic? Ask me why or tell me why I'm wrong.

no I was actually thanking you though I did laugh after I posted it

teacher said:
Swell. You go on the short list of those with a sense-o-humor.

Sadly my answer wasn't meant to be funny. Nukes is right up there also but that's a given.

Well thank you I think lol. I am the only person you says lol i guess.

CanadianGuy said:
Well thank you I think lol. I am the only person you says lol i guess.

Nah, there's a few who admit it. I really did catch champs in the basement the other day reading top tens right after he said he never went there and never would. I haven't laughed so hard since I saw a homeless guy looking for three hots and a cot tell a cop, "wait a minute, I'm fixing to do something". Go to the basement to see who's nuts around here.

Navy Pride said:
I choose other....I think the biggest threat to the USA is Liberals.........

God forbid they ever get in power they will want to treat terrorism as a police action like Clinton did.........

You know - I'm with you on the folly of treating terrorists like a police action, but without the terrorists themselves, we wouldn't even be needing to have this discussion. And besides, I don't see democrats flying airplanes into buildings.

On the poll - I voted for terrorists still. Although "still" can mean for about 15 years (since the fall of the USSR), which in historical terms is not very long.

The recent quote from the Chinese politician saying they'd respond to our helping Taiwan in a war with nuclear weapons is scary. But the terrorists are mainly religious suicidal fanatics - and its very hard to negotiate with them. I think that will be more able to talk with China.

Connecticutter said:
You know - I'm with you on the folly of treating terrorists like a police action, but without the terrorists themselves, we wouldn't even be needing to have this discussion...

Good point, though I think what he means his that the threat of terrorists could be risen if Liberals were in power so they would be the threat and the terrorists would be the ones to destory use like the chines would set off the nuc but the nuc would destroy us.

The so-called "religious right," composed of Christian fundamentalists (Evangelical fanatics) and extremists, have hijacked the Republican party. They are not Christians, but the worst kind of political subversives and traitors. They are unethical and intellectually dishonest, their professed beliefs a perversion of Christ's teachings, and their practices a corruption of the most basic tenets of Christian faith. They are, in short, pious frauds; they are anathema! It is they - not the Muslim terrorists - who pose the greatest threat to American democracy.

The Neoconservatives - these Christians of bowels who would presume to pass judgment on the morals of the age - will be their own undoing; for it is they who have pushed the Republicans far from their traditional conservative values in order to impose their own radical agenda on the nation and the world. They shall succeed only in alienating true conservatives and causing a rift in the Republican party; which, ultimately, shall result in their political downfall.

Can't say that I think mexico is a threat by the illegal aliens are. The fact is you don't know the nationality of these aliens so you don't know there intentions. The problems you run into is the fact that terrorist can enter this country through these same methods. Locking down the borders is probably the safest thing we can do. Lets monitor who is let into this country and what purpose. Temp work visas for illlegals gets them the job they want and security we need

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom