• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who do you blame most for the shut-down?

Who do you blame most for the shut-down?

• Trump

Votes: 75 78.1%
  • D CongressCritters

Votes: 21 21.9%

• Total voters
The rules are that you only get two choices other than not voting....Trump or D CongressCritters.

Let's see how DP compares to what we are told is the general public's opinion:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ent-shutdown-reuters-ipsos-poll-idUSKCN1OQ1FA

tyvm
Alright Hawkeye, I'll stand by you here - with this poll.

I believe you genuinely want to see how the opinion at DP lines-up with the larger American body politic. And that's a fair experiment. I think it's a good poll.

Thanks for starting it.

(it's more anti-Trump than I expected)

Clearly Hilary and her cronies are to blame for this fiasco...

The DP variation from America has gotten worse:

In America those who blame Trump = 1.4(those who blame D CongressCritters).

On DP those who blame Trump = 5.5(those who blame D CongressCritters).

The DP variation from America has gotten worse:

In America those who blame Trump = 1.4(those who blame D CongressCritters).

On DP those who blame Trump = 5.5(those who blame D CongressCritters).

Show your work.

This is on Individual 1, you can't deny it..he owned it on live TV.

Nancy and Chuck, of course, deserve the blame.

If President Trump opposed the wall, then those two individuals would be the first to demand the wall's construction.

He said he'd be "proud to OWN the shutdown"; let him!

I blame Russia and Mexico.

Trump clearly took the blame for this shut down in front of the whole nation. Trump could have had $25 BILLION for his wall in February in return for citizenship for DACA recipients. Senate Republicans rejected it. Senate Democrats voted for it. Republicans are simply not going to do anything which will give DACA recipients near 800,000 votes and citizenship even if it means full funding for a wall. Pelosi will start negotiating Jan 3rd for something less than $5 BILLION for border security.

Trump was told to take the blame by Faux Noise. He followed those orders on live TV.

View Poll Results: Who do you blame most for the shut-down?

I blame the guy who said I should blame him.

It's just plain ignorant to ask who is to blame after every media outlet covered the Dec.11 meeting between 45 and the House and Senate minority leaders where 45 said he was proud to take the mantle for the shutdown..

The poll isn't about assigning blame, it's about determining how the DP community sees it.

My point is that the question itself is rhetorical and has no significance or meaning because Trump obviously, and proudly I might add, accepted full responsibility.

And then he almost immediately turned around and blamed the Democrats. How proud was that?

Trump was told to take the blame by Faux Noise. He followed those orders on live TV.

It was Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh, putting Trump in fear of losing his adoring base. Fox too, but Rush and that nasty, miserable stick person pushed him into rejecting what he'd already agreed to.

Not sure why this thread is necessary since Trump proudly took ownership of the shutdown, but I voted anyway.

Oh, and obligatory "anonymous polls suck" comment.

More Americans blame Trump for government shutdown: Reuters/Ipsos poll

NEW YORK/WASHINGTON (Reuters) - More Americans blame President Donald Trump than congressional Democrats for the partial U.S. government shutdown, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Thursday, as the closure stretched into its sixth day with no end in sight.

Forty-seven percent of adults hold Trump responsible, while 33 percent blame Democrats in Congress, according to the Dec. 21-25 poll, conducted mostly after the shutdown began. Seven percent of Americans blamed congressional Republicans.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ent-shutdown-reuters-ipsos-poll-idUSKCN1OQ1FA

So while Trump gets the lion's share of the blame, Republicans overall receive 54% of the blame, Democrats get 33%, and 13% of the country is the guy holding up the line at the fast food restaurant for twenty minutes because he can't decide what to order.

Its not complicated. In order for Trump to own the shutdown, Trump would have to have vetoed the spending bill. The House passed a spending bill. The GOP in the senate voted FOR the spending bill. The democrats voted against the spending bil.

Democrats in the senate own the shutdown.

I blame the illegal immigrants

Stunning logic. Who can argue with that?

Psst! Keep this between us, but I think the spoiled brat in the White House my have played a partial role as well.

That does not effect your vote, you very well might say Trump and approve of the action. Someone else maybe should poll on the question of do we approve of the shutdown.

This is about who is responsible....I should have used that word rather than blame....sorry...I do tend to forget that some folks like all of this dysfunction and embarrassment.

What if Trump uses his executive power to decrease the impact of the "shut down" instead of increase it like Obama did? It could turn out that people figure out that the part of the government that is "shut down" wasn't that essential after all?

Its not complicated. In order for Trump to own the shutdown.

He would have needed to explicitly say, that he would be proud to shut it down.

"I am proud to shut down the government for border security . . . I will take the mantle of shutting it down."

Now I know you're likely to come flying back with a torrent of very angry sentences filled with this symbol "***" but please, spare us Vancemack, spare us.

Even if you want to believe in the fantasyland amusement park that Trump isn't responsible, you can at least admit that it was not wise of him to say what he said, if he didn't want blame for the shut down.

I blame the illegal immigrants

Yes and I feel the same way....I also blame the people who want open borders, refuse to close migration loop holes and eliminate ICE...I really don't need to mention who.

He would have needed to explicitly say, that he would be proud to shut it down.

"I am proud to shut down the government for border security . . . I will take the mantle of shutting it down."

Now I know you're likely to come flying back with a torrent of very angry sentences filled with this symbol "***" but please, spare us Vancemack, spare us.

Even if you want to believe in the fantasyland amusement park that Trump isn't responsible, you can at least admit that it was not wise of him to say what he said, if he didn't want blame for the shut down.

Maybe you missed the key part of that statement "border Security" ^^...maybe not.

Maybe you missed the key part of that statement "border Security" ^^...maybe not.

That doesn't magically absolve him.

He's wasting money, as shutdowns cost taxpayers more money than if the government were just open, in order to waste more money on a useless structure, anyone who believes the wall will only cost $5 Billion is on drugs and it will do nothing to stop illegal immigration and drugs.

I know the Trump cultists won't even allow Trumps own words to be used against him, because that's how far down the rabbit hole they are, but that doesn't change reality, which I realize and understand is not an understood thing in the Trump universe, I'm afraid I'm fresh out of "Alternative Facts".

I say that this is all on Trump, he is standing up for the mandate that he generated, because that in part is what elections are supposed to be all about.

What mandate? He has no mandate. His electoral vote margin was only 77 electoral votes and he lost the popular vote by 3 million votes.

Back
Top Bottom