• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who do you blame most for the shut-down?

Who do you blame most for the shut-down?

• Trump

Votes: 75 78.1%
  • D CongressCritters

Votes: 21 21.9%

• Total voters
You seem to be lost....what has this to do with this thread?

The answer of course is nothing.

My point is that the question itself is rhetorical and has no significance or meaning because Trump obviously, and proudly I might add, accepted full responsibility.

My point is that the question itself is rhetorical and has no significance or meaning because Trump obviously, and proudly I might add, accepted full responsibility.

Then there is no reason for you to be here.

What a lame retort.

They asked the question before me, if it is as has been claimed an ignorant question then the Reuters/Ipsos poll people asked an ignorant question.

I was wondering if they do that much.

A very reasonable question.

Then there is no reason for you to be here.

Well yes, there most certainly is for several reasons. Reason #1 would be because you tell me I have no reason to be. Reason #2 is the fact that I am a member of this forum just as you are and have every right to express my opinion on any topic, any time, as many times as I wish. And finally #3 it's not your right to dictate to me or anyone else that they should or shouldn't comment on any thread.

Well yes, there most certainly is for several reasons. Reason #1 would be because you tell me I have no reason to be. Reason #2 is the fact that I am a member of this forum just as you are and have every right to express my opinion on any topic, any time, as many times as I wish. And finally #3 it's not your right to dictate to me or anyone else that they should or shouldn't comment on any thread.

You are being rude now.

Question; "How do most of the illegal residents in the U.S. get into the U.S.?"

Answer: By obtaining a visa then overstaying their visas.

Question; "Which country has more illegal residents in the U.S. because they have overstayed their visa?"

Answer: Canada

It's a fact that more illegals are here because they've overstayed their visa than illegals coming in through illegal border crossings. visa 'overstays' account for 1/2 of the illegals presently in the U.S.

Canadians top the list of visitors overstaying their visas.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Canadians-top-the-list-of-visitors-overstaying-13150776.php

*psssssst* Canadians aren't poor brown people. That's why there's no big rush to build a wall on our northern border.

You seem to be lost....what has this to do with this thread?

The answer of course is nothing.

It has a lot to do with the issue. A wall even if 100% effective will stop less than 50% of the illegal immigration. 5 deferment cadet fake bone spurs is to ignorant and narcissistic to realize that fact. Hence is myopic focus on a wall.

In America those who blame Trump = 1.4(those who blame D CongressCritters).

On DP those who blame Trump = 4.3(those who blame D CongressCritters).

This is interesting.

It has a lot to do with the issue. A wall even if 100% effective will stop less than 50% of the illegal immigration. 5 deferment cadet fake bone spurs is to ignorant and narcissistic to realize that fact. Hence is myopic focus on a wall.

COme on man there are so many other threads....this thread is about one little thing which is not that.

Poor Hawkeye, his own thread isn't working out so well for him.

Question; "How do most of the illegal residents in the U.S. get into the U.S.?"

Answer: By obtaining a visa then overstaying their visas.

Question; "Which country has more illegal residents in the U.S. because they have overstayed their visa?"

Answer: Canada

It's a fact that more illegals are here because they've overstayed their visa than illegals coming in through illegal border crossings. visa 'overstays' account for 1/2 of the illegals presently in the U.S.

Canadians top the list of visitors overstaying their visas.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Canadians-top-the-list-of-visitors-overstaying-13150776.php

This is terrible news! We Will Build a Wall on our Northern Border and Canada will pay for it!

Covfefe.

I know words. I have the best words.

I had MY covfefe cup made special.

COVFEFE_CUP2.jpg

Are the Reuters/Ipsos poll people known for being ignorant?

It's possible the Reuters/Ipsos poll people were measuring what percent of the population is ignorant. I think it's been holding steady at about 40% for awhile.

In America those who blame Trump = 1.4(those who blame D CongressCritters).

On DP those who blame Trump = 4.3(those who blame D CongressCritters).

This is interesting.

This statement is indecipherable. Please explain. You used to be better.

That, of course, ignores that Trump ran (campaigned?) on Mexico, not congress or the American public, paying for the Great Wall Of Trump. What Trump really (now?) wants is anything to symbolize an increase in border security. His latest 'deal' seems to be $2.1B in funding for a slatted steel (and pointy-topped?) fence which may replace and/or extend some of the current border barriers - it is far from clear as many instances of TrumpSpeak tend to be.

Even if Trump got $5B to begin building the Great Wall Of Trump tomorrow it would never "seal the border" or do anything about the 12M (to 20M?) illegal immigrants already roaming freely inside the US, the many thousands of foreign nationals (legal or not) arriving daily or those born to them (instant US citizens) while they are here.

The real problem is that we lack any meaningful interior enforcement of federal immigration law and congress is determined to keep it that way - keeping illegal immigration as "an issue" gets them re-elected at a rate of over 90%.
And that my friend, is why we do not have mandatory E-Verify. And it's also why I'm wary about Trump's anti-illegal hiring stance. He stays silent on E-Verify. Could it be because he uses illegal and guest workers to keep his hotels running? I can't help but wonder ...

Back
Top Bottom