• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who do you believe?

Who do you believe?

• Total voters
Yeah, honestly I havent had time to watch any of the proceedings so I wont vote until I get to watch at least the highlights of the trial. Like the others Im leaning towards Johnny, but that may change once I hear Amber's side.

I'm interested in hearing her side, considering they have audio recordings of her admitting that she hit him.

Reactions: PoS
I voted who.

I know who Depp is. But have no idea what this is about.

Extremely sad to me. She came out and said he abused her, and he said nothing at all to deny, or defame her. Just let it ride. That's why I find him believable. He had the chance to defend himself and make her look bad, and didn't. Similar to what happened with the two of them. He had the chance to knock her block off, and just sat there and let her hit him, because he refused to hit a woman.

Well said and I couldn't agree more.

Wow, a makeup brand just refuted Amber Heard's allegations that she used foundation to cover up her alleged bruises. You cant make this up.

During opening statements this week, Heard’s attorney claimed that the “Aquaman” actress carried Milani Conceal + Perfect All-in-One Correcting Kit with her throughout her “entire relationship with Johnny” — and suggested she’d used the makeup to cover injuries from Depp’s alleged physical abuse during their relationship.

Milani has since responded to the brand’s surprise appearance at the trial. On Thursday, the makeup maker posted a 15-second video to its official TikTok account to debunk Heard’s claim.

“You asked us… let the record show that our Correcting Kit launched in 2017!” they captioned the post.

“Take note: alleged abuse was around 2014-2016, got divorced 2016, makeup palette release date: December 2017,” read text over the video that showed Depp and Heard in the courtroom, as the Backyardigans’ song “International Super Spy” plays.

Haven't gotten around to hearing Heard's testimony yet. Until I've heard her side of the story, I'll just say that I found Depp's testimony compelling. While you can't really know anybody, Depp doesn't come across like a violent person.

Yep, that. ^

They both sound like they need some deep therapy.

Silly is giving two shits enough to make a poll about this.

Some people care --- if you don't, you don't have to participate.

I believe that celebrity gossip is mind pollution.

Yes, yes....you're so much better than those of us following the trial. :rolleyes:

Two actors in court; who is playing the better role?

:unsure:

Two actors in court; who is playing the better role?

:unsure:
Well to be fair, all testimony is performance: the performance of being credible. Some performances require really good acting, some don’t require any acting at all. At the end of the day, since none of us are telepaths, all we have to go on is the appearance of credibility. And so far, Depp has been completely credible. We’ll check back in and see how Heard does. But I gotta say, based on Heard’s body language alone, it’s not gonna go great for her. Her body language has consistently communicated that Depp is the victim here; not her.

Well to be fair, all testimony is performance: the performance of being credible. Some performances require really good acting, some don’t require any acting at all. At the end of the day, since none of us are telepaths, all we have to go on is the appearance of credibility. And so far, Depp has been completely credible. We’ll check back in and see how Heard does. But I gotta say, based on Heard’s body language alone, it’s not gonna go great for her. Her body language has consistently communicated that Depp is the victim here; not her.
Not a topic I have kept up with. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say it was easier to watch than Marge’s hearing….

Not a topic I have kept up with. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say it was easier to watch than Marge’s hearing….
Yes and no. The Depp/Heard trial has been handled competently, which means that you’re gonna want to watch a pre-recorded video so you can fast forward past millions of hours of foundation laying (Heard’s attorney spent an entire day laying the foundation that Depp had a major substance abuse problem, a point literally nobody refutes).

The petitioner in the Greene hearing skipped past all that boring foundation laying, and…well…we see how that worked out for him.

I was pretty entranced with his testimony. He has such a calming, thoughtful way of speaking.

But then you have text messages where he sounds unhinged.

I can't quite figure him out. I've heard that her voice is very fast, so it will be interesting to see how she's perceived on the stand.

I think the snickering in the courtroom to some of the things he's said on the stand is telling.

Heard still hasn't testified, eh?

Yes, yes....you're so much better than those of us following the trial. :rolleyes:
It's weird that you took a statement with no comparisons, call-outs, critiques of others or judgments about interest and turned it into a comparative criticism of yourself. Odd, really.

Still Depp testifying, was redirect before lunch. It could be days before Heard testifies.

Gotta be exhausting.

I'm on Day 8 testimony. That audio of them fighting -- her high-pitched screeching is unbearable.

Dr. Curry's testimony is pretty damning to Amber Heard's side. Borderline personality disorder and histrionic disorder.

I'm guessing when we get to Amber's side that they have a psychologist who analyzed Johnny Depp.

Saw this on the news feed. Seems Johnny eats candy during the trial. I thought you werent allowed any food and drink in the courtroom?

And does anyone know what kind of candy this is?

67bbd16da84244399e1f05629289d33a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom