• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who do you believe?

Who do you believe?

• Total voters
Silly is giving two shits enough to make a poll about this.
Some people like legal cases, regardless if the people are famous or not. I prefer criminal jury trials, but this is an interesting civil defamation trial.

Vote and discuss.

The sun just came from behind some clouds beaming heavenly rays into Vancouver. The Eagles in my neighborhood park have mated. Small crowds gather even though all you can see is the bottom of a nest 40 meters off the ground.
The pair of Canada Geese who live near my building are also sitting on eggs. I awaken to one of them 'sounding' for the other so it can find its way home. People are out walking, smiling, friendly, a post lock down party you might say. The masks are going, and the party is on.

Depp I know, he worked on 21 Jump street here.

So who is Amber heard and why the **** should I care?

Neither. But that's only because i don't understand a fig thing about this.

I don’t think that either should win their civil cases. If I get this mess right, he is suing her for defamation (ruining his acting career) and she is counter-suing him for physical abuse (causing her financial harm). He seems to be proving that his own drug addled behavior caused his acting career (and other personal) problems, while she seems to be proving to have provoked (initiated?) any alleged physical abuse by doing so herself.

I don’t think that either should win their civil cases. If I get this mess right, he is suing her for defamation (ruining his acting career) and she is counter-suing him for physical abuse (causing her financial harm). He seems to be proving that his own drug addled behavior caused his acting career (and other personal) problems, while she seems to be proving to have provoked (initiated?) any alleged physical abuse by doing so herself.
Translation: It's a dumpster fire of a mess with mudslinging added in for seasoning.

There's no sex assault allegations against Depp. Heard said someone else put that line in the headline. That's the only time SA is mentioned.

View attachment 67386689
I knew they weren’t going to slip one by the court reporter!

She made the claim under oath

That isn't evidence in this trial yet. Let's see if that's what she testifies to in this trial.

She will have to or face perjury charges.
It will be interesting watching Depp's lawyers pick apart her prior court testimony, if it is introduced as his was, like her lawyers are doing. There's been no public accusations of SA until the article, it looks like, and the sealed testimony from the previous trial doesn't count. That's why it's part of the defamation claim.

I've Heard of Depp, but who's Amber?

Who the **** CARES?

Would this lie?

R.f1a26ae43b41c7a84f905906ab259478

Because you know pirates lie all the time.

OIP.3B4OscW1_0Fhdb76gMyA7gHaEu

Haven't gotten around to hearing Heard's testimony yet. Until I've heard her side of the story, I'll just say that I found Depp's testimony compelling. While you can't really know anybody, Depp doesn't come across like a violent person.

Same. I'm curious about her side of the story, but from the little i've seen on his testimony, he comes across as sincere.

Vote and discuss.

Voted neither.

No matter who wins the suit / counter-suit (odds are the lawyers will be the only winners) you have two people that did not treat each other very well, yelled and threatened each other, and in the end physical abuse was involved.

Shit show deluxe relationship that should have never been.

Same. I'm curious about her side of the story, but from the little i've seen on his testimony, he comes across as sincere.

Yep, but his honesty (candor?) may be ruining his case that her WaPo comments, rather than his out of control drug abuse (and related irrational behavior), damaged (or limited) his career opportunities.

Something I can't shake after hearing his testimony is that his parents and wife in real life mirror his parents and wife on Blow. To. A. T. His parents and the movie he was in predicted his marriage to Heard. Talk about being a slave to fate.

Vote and discuss.

Did you vote yet?
Or are you like me, still on the fence?

Clearly, they both aren't citizens of the year, and both appear to have substance abuse problems. Never met an abuser yet who didn't have problems finding the truth.
One thing I will say though is that Heard shouldn't be the only one to have told her story. In that respect, I'm glad this entire matter has gone to court. Depp seems credible to me and it was proved in court that Heard got physical with him.

We'll see. I will hold off on voting until the trial is over.

Last edited:
Reactions: PoS
Even if I were interested in celebrity crap, this would still be an incredibly vapid thread to me. People, or at least people with their heads screwed on properly, do not go about their lives deciding whether they should entirely believe another person or entirely disbelieve another person.

That's just not how anything works. Not life, not trials. Instead, one can reasonably believe a portion of another's statements and disbelieve other statements they have made, depending on circumstances.

He started this poll thread before she even testified?

Seriously?

giphy.gif

The thread isn't about you but if I had a vote, you would win the thread's award for the worst performance.

Reactions: PoS

Extremely sad to me. She came out and said he abused her, and he said nothing at all to deny, or defame her. Just let it ride. That's why I find him believable. He had the chance to defend himself and make her look bad, and didn't. Similar to what happened with the two of them. He had the chance to knock her block off, and just sat there and let her hit him, because he refused to hit a woman.

Did you vote yet?
Or are you like me, still on the fence?

Clearly, they both aren't citizens of the year, and both appear to have substance abuse problems. Never met an abuser yet who didn't have problems finding the truth.
One thing I will say though is that Heard shouldn't be the only one to have told her story. In that respect, I'm glad this entire matter has gone to court. Depp seems credible to me and it was proved in court that Heard got physical with him.

We'll see. I will hold off on voting until the trial is over.
Yeah, honestly I havent had time to watch any of the proceedings so I wont vote until I get to watch at least the highlights of the trial. Like the others Im leaning towards Johnny, but that may change once I hear Amber's side.

Back
Top Bottom