• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Who do you believe was the most intelligent president in the last 100 years

Who was the most intelligent president of the last 100 years or so

• George W. Bush

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Bill Clinton

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Ronald Reagan

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Jimmie Carter

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Richard Nixon

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Lyndon Johnson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • John F. Kennedy

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Dwight Eisenhower

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Harry Truman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Franklin D. Roosevelt

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters
kal-el said:
I guess his dream of privatized s.s. went down the toilet, huh?I would'nt feel comfortable putting my hard-earned money in the stock market,so Bush's millionaire buddies can do with it as they wish.

guess you didnt hear about the couple of little towns/counties in texas that opted out of SS and privatized it
they are all retiring with about a 1/2 million minimum

Well the fact is that Carter is the most intelligent of all of them. But I voted for the second most intelligent president: CLINTON.
----------
The best actor by far was Regan!!! His presidency proved that!
----------
It must be embarrassing for the other 9 presidents to see :ws Bushs :ws name listed in the poll!

DeeJayH said:
guess you didnt hear about the couple of little towns/counties in texas that opted out of SS and privatized it
they are all retiring with about a 1/2 million minimum
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL!:rofl :spin: :stooges :elephantf

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Clinton knew what was going on? First World Trade Center bombing, Embassy bombing, Federal building bombing, U.S.S. Cole, Waco, able danger, Clinton Gorelick memo, giving nuclear secrets to North Korea, Saddam kicking the weapons inspectors out, taking a tech economy unparelled in history from Reagan and Bush Sr. and having the bubble pop because of his liberal economic policy, the list go's on and on and on. There was no response no nothing Clinton had his ****ing head up his ass. (Oh and by Clinton's surplus do you mean yours and my money which he took?) Yes income taxes belong to you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

:2usflag: Clinton :2usflag: :liar unlike Bush :screwy at least knew what he was talking about!

taxpayer said:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL! :spin: :elephantf

Here you go, prepare to have your world rocked by reality
Proof is in the pudding, bon apetit

http://www.ncpa.org/ba/ba215.html
From the inception of Social Security in 1935, its proponents have encouraged Americans to think of it as a type of private pension plan. Now most people realize that the Social Security Trust Funds are trust funds in name only and consist of nothing more than IOUs the government owes to itself. Various polls show most Americans are skeptical that Social Security will be there when they retire.
However, employees of three Texas counties that opted out of the Social Security program more than a decade ago are earning an average 6.5 percent interest, compounded daily, on their vested personal retirement accounts.

A person retiring today at age 65 with 40 years of deposits and an annual salary of $20,000 would retire with $383,032 in a personal account.

Someone with a $30,000 salary for 40 years would retire with $573,782.

And a person with a $50,000 salary for 40 years would retire with $956,303.

ba215a.gif

taxpayer said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

:2usflag: Clinton :2usflag: :liar unlike Bush :screwy at least knew what he was talking about!

may of known what he was talking about
but he sure didnt do anything about it, besides bang interns

nkgupta80 said:
you never hear of the terrorist threats our country effectively stopped by our national security... Terrorist attacks during Clinton's administration happened during previous administrations also. They also happened during Bush's administration I.E 9/11. The point is that clinton knew that going into the Mid-east to stop terrorism is total bullshit.... he never did it the way BUsh is doin it rite now. and Bush's method doesn't seem to be workin...The only thing that is prob keepin us away from terrorist attacks is the gov. beefin up our national security.

As for the surpluses, No president has had much control in the past 50 yeras in making our economy better. I don't think our economy was too much better off in Clinton's term. Clinton knew this. what he did that was ingenious in making his term look better than all previous administrations was that he made foreign investment in America much more attractive. stock markets rose through manipulation, and foreign investment consequently rose. Not that he did much to help the barebones of our economy, he just knew what the hell he was doin,, and provided a stimulant to our economy. Our economy is still in the dumps..

Think of what Bush is tryin to do with the privatized SS. It'll help make the stock markets go up, what else.

So what? He stopped a few terrorist attacks the fact still remains that he never took the fight to the enemy, he never took the initiative, all this I can forgive, however, what I can't forgive is that by establishing the Clinton-Gorelick wall to stop overseas information about his illegal campaign contributions from red China making it's way from the CIA to the FBI, he allowed pertinant info. about the 9-11 hijackings from getting to the people in a position to stop it. Oh and Clinton would Allie himself with Al-Qaeda in Kosovo but he sure as hell wouldn't fight them.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1363436/posts

Last edited:
DeeJayH said:
Here you go, prepare to have your world rocked by reality
Proof is in the pudding, bon apetit

I say scrap the current S.S. plan, I'm 23 so basically I'm dumping money into a well which will be gone by the time I'm old enough to collect it, that is what everyone has been saying for years even Bill Clinton knew that S.S. security isn't going to last much longer but leave it to the left to let partisan politics get in the way of a good idea.

So what? He stopped a few terrorist attacks the fact still remains that he never took the fight to the enemy, he never took the initiative, all this I can forgive, however, what I can't forgive is that by establishing the Clinton-Gorelick wall to stop overseas information about his illegal campaign contributions from red China making it's way from the CIA to the FBI, he allowed pertinant info. about the 9-11 hijackings from getting to the people in a position to stop it. Oh and Clinton would Allie himself with Al-Qaeda in Kosovo but he sure as hell wouldn't fight them.

isn't it true Bush admin also knew about some attack conjuring pre-9/11? And its not a few attacks that our government has stopped. I am sure there are hundreds of security breaches effectivly contained by our CIA/FBI not just in Clinton's Administration, but in Bush's administration also, and all previous admins.

As for bringing the war to the terrorists, thats a whole different debate. I personally find this war on terror, as Bush has waged, is total BS, esp when he announced he'd attack Iraq.

So I really don't see what Clinton did badly with terrorism in comparison to all other presidents during his term. As for the good economy, you can argue the real cause of it being Bush Senior or Reagan, but under Clinton's administration, statistics in the US soared. It may have been a short-lived stimulant, but hell Clinton kept it up so he definately knew what he was doing. Even ultra-conservative Rush Limbaugh thought Clinton was running the country well.

nkgupta80 said:
So I really don't see what Clinton did badly with terrorism in comparison to all other presidents during his term. As for the good economy, you can argue the real cause of it being Bush Senior or Reagan, but under Clinton's administration, statistics in the US soared. It may have been a short-lived stimulant, but hell Clinton kept it up so he definately knew what he was doing. Even ultra-conservative Rush Limbaugh thought Clinton was running the country well.

I would beg to differ on this point
It is not so much what Clinton did badly, rather what he failed to do
decimating our defense budget comes to mind as an active failure on his part as opposed to his passive failures
not aggresively pursuing AlQaida and other attacks on our interests
now perhaps, given the mindset of the times, at the time, the original twin towers bombing was handled appropriately
but It really should have been a wakeup call to us
everybody was too busy enjoying the 'good times' of the irrational exhuberance of the 90s
However, Greenspan should have reigned in the economy more than, so as not to of resulted in such a bubble
Now the economy is being reigned in by these devastating hurricanes
Oil/gas is through the roof, and what does the retard Greenspan do
He raises rates again
He could have put it on hold
and if there was no significant economical fallout as a result of the hurricanes, then he could have double whacked us at the next meeting
The only credit i give Clinton for the economy of the 90s is that he did nothing to screw it up
but the 90s were due, in a big part, to the tech revolution and all the Investment Capitalists
which could be credited to Reagans reigning in of Capital Gains
Presently, Unemployment is better now than under Clinton, excluding the affects of the current hurricanes
and Bush's unemployment #s were the same as Clintons at the time of both of their re-elections
and mind ye, Clinton did not have a disaster like 9/11 to contend with when it come to employment in his first term

George H.W was a very smart man.

I'm justextremely suprised that clinton is winning over Reagan...C'mon Reagan was, in fact....THE MAN

However, Greenspan should have reigned in the economy more than, so as not to of resulted in such a bubble
Now the economy is being reigned in by these devastating hurricanes
Oil/gas is through the roof, and what does the retard Greenspan do
He raises rates again
He could have put it on hold
and if there was no significant economical fallout as a result of the hurricanes, then he could have double whacked us at the next meeting

Greenspan is a really really fkn smart guy. But his actions are highly influenced by political pressure. Therefore, whta he may think is the best to do, may not necessarly be what the politians want to do. So you can say that our politicians are retards.

We should clone Reagan and make him King.

We should clone Reagan and make him King.

Do we clone him again every few years or just let the king go senile?

Ouch! No, once he starts going senile off he goes to a beautiful retirement village and then we send in the next clone King. That way we can just keep him as King forever!

I voted for Clinton.
I think he is a brilliant man, despite his mistakes.
And he is/was a member of MENSA.

Anyone know of any other Presidents that were MENSA members?
(This is a question and not a sarcastic remark)

I don't know who the smartest president but I know who the greatest one was...........

Ronald Reagan...........

Oh and I get a kick how you lefties love to put President Bush's intelligence down after he kicked your butts in the 2000, 2002, 2004, and will do the same in 2006............He is now going to have the biggest impact on the SCOTUS in the last 50 years.................

He is dumb like a fox...........:lol:

Now go back to your bashing. ROTFLMAO

Navy Pride said:
I don't know who the smartest president but I know who the greatest one was...........

Ronald Reagan...........

Oh and I get a kick how you lefties love to put President Bush's intelligence down after he kicked your butts in the 2000, 2002, 2004, and will do the same in 2006............He is now going to have the biggest impact on the SCOTUS in the last 50 years.................

He is dumb like a fox...........:lol:

Now go back to your bashing. ROTFLMAO

A man who never seems to use proper grammar, always studders, and talks to the media like they are children repeating the same crap over and over, is not comparable in intelligence to say... Clinton, Reagan, FDR, or anyone else on that list for that matter.

at least he dosn't commit adultry, and then lie about it.

MCcorno89 said:
at least he dosn't commit adultry, and then lie about it.

Is his personal sex life any of your business in the first place?
I could care less what the President does if it has nothing to do with running the country.
(yes, if he is on crack and doing drugs it affects his judgement so that has something to do with running the country)

Even the people who make a big deal that Bush got 3 DUIs. I don't like Bush. But I could care less that he got 3 DUIs. Would it even matter if once a week on Sunday nights he gets drunk with some friends while watching the Football game? No. Who gives a ****.
(Im not saying he gets drunk while watching football, for those of you who like to twist things).

Is his personal sex life any of your business in the first place

It is when he is to busy getting BJs in the oval office to take Bin Laden on a silver platter when he was offered by Sudan........:roll:

Navy Pride said:
It is when he is to busy getting BJs in the oval office to take Bin Laden on a silver platter when he was offered by Sudan........:roll:

I doubt his getting head in the oval office had anything to do with his decision on that issue.

The clues and hints of 9/11 repeatedly hit him in the head and he didn't do **** about it. So then when it happens to GWB it's automatically his fault?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom