• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Who do you believe was the most intelligent president in the last 100 years

Who was the most intelligent president of the last 100 years or so

• George W. Bush

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Bill Clinton

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Ronald Reagan

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Jimmie Carter

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Richard Nixon

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Lyndon Johnson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • John F. Kennedy

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Dwight Eisenhower

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Harry Truman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Franklin D. Roosevelt

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters
Caine said:
I doubt his getting head in the oval office had anything to do with his decision on that issue.

Well maybe you can enlighten us........Why didn't he take him then?

You liberals really take the cake......You have no problem with a maried man with a family with a daughter almost as old as Monica and old enough to be her Grandfather getting BJs in the oval office while at work......

Do you have a clue that if that happened in the private business community that he would have been fired at so fast it would make your liberal head spin.......????

MCcorno89 said:
The cles and hints of 9/11 repeatedly hit him in the head and he didn't do **** about it. So then when it happens to GWB it's automatically his fault?
I never blamed Bush.......show me where I did.

Navy Pride said:
Well maybe you can enlighten us........Why didn't he take him then?

You liberals really take the cake......You have no problem with a maried man with a family with a daughter almost as old as Monica and old enough to be her Grandfather getting BJs in the oval office while at work......

Do you have a clue that if that happened in the private business community that he would have been fired at so fast it would make your liberal head spin.......????

I don't claim to know the answer of that question. I guess that makes us different, I hold to my own opinions on the issues, you follow Bush blindly like an idiot, but its ok, your just doing what you were brainwashed to do as a member of the military. I got out of the Army so I could think on my own and not be compelled to agree with someone even when I don't.
Your just as bad as the "you liberals" that you generalize all the time when it comes to making things up. I am pretty confident that whether Bill was getting head in the oval office or not, it didn't have any affect on his decision, for whatever reason it was, not to work with the Sudan people in obtaining Osama Bin Laden. Of course, im not saying I know this, I just believe the odds are against you on that one.

And, on another point, what does any of this have to do with the poll which is the topic of this thread?

Caine said:
I never blamed Bush.......show me where I did.

I don't claim to know the answer of that question. I guess that makes us different, I hold to my own opinions on the issues, you follow Bush blindly like an idiot, but its ok, your just doing what you were brainwashed to do as a member of the military. I got out of the Army so I could think on my own and not be compelled to agree with someone even when I don't.
Your just as bad as the "you liberals" that you generalize all the time when it comes to making things up. I am pretty confident that whether Bill was getting head in the oval office or not, it didn't have any affect on his decision, for whatever reason it was, not to work with the Sudan people in obtaining Osama Bin Laden. Of course, im not saying I know this, I just believe the odds are against you on that one.

Hell I might not even had voted for Bush if your party had put up a reasonable alternative..............I have my difference with him but when it comes to your boy Kerry it was a no brainer as to who would get my vote.......

Because Clinton is not the most intelligent by far.

Navy Pride said:
Hell I might not even had voted for Bush if your party had put up a reasonable alternative..............I have my difference with him but when it comes to your boy Kerry it was a no brainer.......[/QUOTE

This is why I didn't vote at all.

Kerry's flip-flops were real entertainment!

Caine said:
And, on another point, what does any of this have to do with the poll which is the topic of this thread?

I don't know you and your left wing cronnies were having a ball blasting president Bush's intelligence and someone brought the Molestor up.......

MCcorno89 said:
Because Clinton is not the most intelligent by far.

Okay. But Im still confused on how Bush was brought into this, because out of the list, he is probably the lowest on the intelligence pool.

Navy Pride said:
I don't know you and your left wing cronnies were having a ball blasting president Bush's intelligence and someone brought the Molestor up.......

Show me a quote from a message I posted Bashing Bush, PRIOR to your post which bashed Clinton and praised Bush?

I swear you are ******* me off by generalizing me with the "left wing cronies" because I disagree with you.

Caine said:
Navy Pride said:
Hell I might not even had voted for Bush if your party had put up a reasonable alternative..............I have my difference with him but when it comes to your boy Kerry it was a no brainer.......[/QUOTE

This is why I didn't vote at all.

Well if you did not vote then you have no right to complain about any president......

Navy Pride said:
Well if you did not vote then you have no right to complain about any president......

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I think this says that I do.

Caine said:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I think this says that I do.

That is for people that take part in the political process....You bitch and moan about it but do nothing to try and make it better..........sad........

Naheeh said:

pretty good point. sheer intellect is obviously not an indicator of leadership abilities and skills needed as president of a country. I do believe that Bush is pretty smart as a politician. But in intellect he is pretty dumb. 1200 is pretty bad, and SAT is a real bad indicator of intellect. Overall Bush jsut doesn't seem like a knowledgeable person.

I still say President Bush is dumb like a fox..........The left continues to underestimate his intellect and they pay for it at the ballot box........

He is and old country boy like me and I would love to have a beer with him and chew the fat........

Navy Pride said:
I still say President Bush is dumb like a fox..........The left continues to underestimate his intellect and they pay for it at the ballot box........

He is and old country boy like me and I would love to have a beer with him and chew the fat........

Look, I was born and raised a country boy and President Bush sure as hell aint no country boy. You think President Bush went out cut wood with his daddy when he was a kid or hauled hay? You think President Bush just drove an old truck when turned 16? You think President Bush would go out camping on the river running trotlines and limb lines when he was a kid? You think he would even know how to run a trotline? Hell I bet he would not even know how to clean a catfish.

Don’t get me wrong, I may have some huge ideological differences with President Bush, but I do think he is a very likable guy and I do think he is the kind of guy you could have a beer with, but he aint no country boy. He grew up a spoiled little rich kid who had everything in life handed to him.

SouthernDemocrat said:
Look, I was born and raised a country boy and President Bush sure as hell aint no country boy. You think President Bush went out cut wood with his daddy when he was a kid or hauled hay? You think President Bush just drove an old truck when turned 16? You think President Bush would go out camping on the river running trotlines and limb lines when he was a kid? You think he would even know how to run a trotline? Hell I bet he would not even know how to clean a catfish.

Don’t get me wrong, I may have some huge ideological differences with President Bush, but I do think he is a very likable guy and I do think he is the kind of guy you could have a beer with, but he aint no country boy. He grew up a spoiled little rich kid who had everything in life handed to him.

I am not sure you have to do all those things to be classified a country boy....I believe that is just your definition.......I know I did not do a lot of them but I am damn sure and old country boy and proud of it......You might just be letting your bias against the President color your opinion.....

Perhaps someone has already pointed this out, but being inarticulate does not make someone stupid - just inarticulate. Bush should have put a few years into Toastmaster's and THEN run. But my guess is that he was the tiniest busy developing other skills that are much more important to the presidency.

Naheeh said:
Perhaps someone has already pointed this out, but being inarticulate does not make someone stupid - just inarticulate. Bush should have put a few years into Toastmaster's and THEN run. But my guess is that he was the tiniest busy developing other skills that are much more important to the presidency.

I can remember during the election last year that the information came out that President Bush had a higher GPA then Kerry did.......So if the president is dumb, what does that make Kerry????

Navy Pride said:
I am not sure you have to do all those things to be classified a country boy....I believe that is just your definition.......I know I did not do a lot of them but I am damn sure and old country boy and proud of it......You might just be letting your bias against the President color your opinion.....
A country boy is someone who was raised out in the country. That is how you define it. A country boy is not someone born with a silver foot in their mouth as was President Bush. If he grew up a country boy, he would have grown up hunting, fishing, cutting wood and everything else that people who grow up country do.

Jimmy Carter is a country boy.
Bob Dole is a country boy.
LBJ was a country boy.

They were all raised a fairly modest upbringing in the country. President Bush was raised a in privileged life, never wanting for anything. He is no more of a country boy than John yankee blue blood Kerry is, and if you did not grow up hunting, fishing, cutting wood, hauling hay, and everything people who grow up country grow up doing, then you are not one either.

Besides a lower IQ, Kerry has a face like a plastic woodchuck.

SouthernDemocrat said:
A country boy is someone who was raised out in the country. That is how you define it. A country boy is not someone born with a silver foot in their mouth as was President Bush. If he grew up a country boy, he would have grown up hunting, fishing, cutting wood and everything else that people who grow up country do.

LBJ was a country boy.

They were all raised a fairly modest upbringing in the country. President Bush was raised a in privileged life, never wanting for anything. He is no more of a country boy than John yankee blue blood Kerry is, and if you did not grow up hunting, fishing, cutting wood, hauling hay, and everything people who grow up country grow up doing, then you are not one either.

With all respect that is just bull.........I was born in a small town to a moderate family but I was always a country boy at heart.........I live in the country now, go fishing and hunting, drive my pick up with the gun rack..........

You don't have to be those things..........You can be born in the city and wealthy and still be a country boy at heart...........

Why anyone would want to be anything else is beyond me......

SouthernDemocrat said:

LBJ was a country boy.

You don't have to be a country boy to be an effective leader. I have seen city slickers who are good leaders. Granted, they were raised on concrete but their is a few city slickers out their who have good leadership qualities. A good leader to me is someone who takes care of his people first before taking care of himself. Waits last in line to eat, sets a good example of how things are done and is ultimately willing to give his life for the people he is charged with leading. He must be willing to put his people first and must be willing to sacrafice himself first before his people are sacraficed. He is able to make a decisive decision and to stick with it. He must be willing to put his own well being secondary to the well being of his people.

I can remember during the election last year that the information came out that President Bush had a higher GPA then Kerry did.......So if the president is dumb, what does that make Kerry????

yeah both were freakin C average students. With the GPAs they had.. they were both pretty stupid. I wonder how iether one of them had done, if they went to a less prestigious and demanding college. I still believe they woulda fked up and gotten Cs and Fs.

Back
Top Bottom