• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

who do respect in the media you disagree with.

mikhail

blond bombshell
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Thought this would be an interesting question.Who in the media do you respect the most even though you may generally politically disagree with them ?

Secondly who do you respect the least in the media who you generally politically agree with?

Thought this would be an interesting question.Who in the media do you respect the most even though you may generally politically disagree with them ?

Secondly who do you respect the least in the media who you generally politically agree with?

The people that I respected most are mostly dead or seemingly went insane. But now... uh? That one weather woman?:thinking

I respect the way that Chris Matthews does his job.

No one in the mainstream media is worthy of my respect except for the Economist

The names from the top of my head that I do respect

Jim Lobe, Pepe Escobar

Then there are some think tanks that are good Jamestown, ISN, CFR and a few others

There is no one in the media I expressly respect at the moment, but when given choices there are people who I prefer to listen to.

I'll have to get back to you on that.
Still thinking.

John Stossel- He's a libertarian, seems like a good person and I respect him. There are some things I disagree with him on.
Bill O'Reily- I mostly agree but he gets to be more and more of a jerk all thetime. I'm losing respect for him.

I'll vote for Stossel even though I almost always disagree with him. I like his show because he always has people on who disagree with him for good honest debate. We need more shows where both sides are presented.

Last edited:
I think George Stephanopoulos will do a decent job every so often. However, I mostly think that is because he is getting an edge to be used later for a possible Hillary campaign.

Been mentioned before but most of the people I'm opposite to politically have unfortunately passed on. I was a big Tim Russert fan, he was I'd say a bit left of center but called things down the line and never threw softballs. He was a tried and true reporter and I heard an interview with his son and Charles Rangel that I thought was phenomenal so there may be another Russert soon that I have great respect for.

This is a heck of a question so I'll have to do some thinking and return.

Been mentioned before but most of the people I'm opposite to politically have unfortunately passed on. I was a big Tim Russert fan, he was I'd say a bit left of center but called things down the line and never threw softballs. He was a tried and true reporter and I heard an interview with his son and Charles Rangel that I thought was phenomenal so there may be another Russert soon that I have great respect for.

This is a heck of a question so I'll have to do some thinking and return.

I loved him. He was fair.
Isn't it his son Luke that just got Rangles panties in a wad by asking tough questions? Rangle started putting down MSNBC. He couldn't believe someone from MSNBC would be asking such things. I mean, who could blame him. MSNBC is supposed to be carrying their water.

I loved him. He was fair.
Isn't it his son Luke that just got Rangles panties in a wad by asking tough questions? Rangle started putting down MSNBC. He couldn't believe someone from MSNBC would be asking such things. I mean, who could blame him. MSNBC is supposed to be carrying their water.
Yeah. It was Luke, couldn't think of his name. If he keeps it up he will do his father's memory proud.

Thought of another one. Pat Cuddel(Sp?), his ideology is one I don't personally think is workable, but I can say he comes to it thinking it's the best for our country and whether or not I agree I can grant that Pat's patriotism is never suspect. As well there is no sugar coating things, he is very honest with not only the people he addresses but himself as well. So for that I would say Mr. Cuddel is a great American.

Tim Russert was certainly a man of integrity, as is Pat Caddell. Chris Matthews hints at it, but too often he slobbers his way into a liberal rant. Sam Donaldson always seemed to be trying to get the story right, though he was oblivious to his leanings. Geraldo Rivera certainly takes his job seriously, and puts himself in precarious positions to get his story.

Bill O' Reilly in small doses isn't bad but he becomes very rude for no reason quite a few times on his program and I don't quite agree with him most of the time nowadays..it's weird seems the older I get the less I agree with Fox News says, normally it seems to be the other way around.

I can't even answer this. I don't want any of them to have a lean. I just want facts so I can decide myself.

I would have to say Larry Elder.

The 2 that come to mind for me are Juan Williams from NPR, and former democratic strategist Pat Caddell. They both put honesty above politics, which is a rare trait these days.

Pat Buchanon.

The 2 that come to mind for me are Juan Williams from NPR, and former democratic strategist Pat Caddell. They both put honesty above politics, which is a rare trait these days.
Yeah, Juan Williams on my end as well. He says some inane stuff at times but when he thinks his side is wrong he says so.

I respect George Will. Like several, Russert was my favorite. I enjoyed seeing his office in the Newseum in DC recently. Basically, I like the ones that engage in fair, reasoned intelligent debate of the issues; and despise blowhards like Hannity, Coulter, Limbaugh, and Olbermann.

I love Juan Williams, and I think he speaks with common sense.

As far as those I disagree with and still respect, that would probably be Jon Stewart. Most of his views fall outside of what I believe, but you have to love his comedic timing.

I can't even answer this. I don't want any of them to have a lean. I just want facts so I can decide myself.
I tend to agree MG but also feel that it is impossible for people to be neutral in their personal lives and still have enough personality to be credible media figures. What I think is possible though is to have enough integrity to ask the serious and proper questions for regardless of the consequences and that comes from respect for the profession and the audience.

I clicked back on this thread to say that the one I really like but disagree with is Juan Williams. I see several others agree with me.:)

Back
Top Bottom