• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who created GOD, or where did GOD come from

And I am old enough to tell you that things are worse, today... One wasn't always afraid of saying the "Wrong Thing" --- being POLITICALLY CORRECT.

Go back to your vaunted "good ole days" and say something like "A black man should be able to marry a white woman" or "gays shouldn't be legally discriminated against". You'll find lots of things politically incorrect.

Remember telling Elephant Jokes?

Who cares?

Do you remember singing Thanksgiving Hymns and Christmas Carols in music class in PUBLIC SCHOOL.

WAAAAH! My religion doesn't get special treatment in a secular nation! WAAAAH!

Remember decorating bulletin boards for the various holidays without much supervision?

Still happens.

Remember wearing costumes to school for Halloween and going outside in class group circles to show off those costumes?

Still happens.

Remember when two return trips home to empty your pillowcase full of candy was barely enough?

Still happens.

Remember when some families made candied apples to hand out to the children?

Still happens.

Remember going door to door selling candy for Scouts and parents not being concerned?

Depending on the neighborhood, still happens.

Remember going door to door selling magazine subscriptions to raise money for the high school class trip?

Still happens, although candy bars is a lot more common.

Do you remember saying things and the worst thing to happen was a fight and perhaps having a note sent home from the teacher?

Still happens, but that highly depends on the "things". Do you approve of kids bullying other kids?

Remember getting a spanking for saying "Damn it"?

Happened when I was a kid and I'm a Millennial.

Do you remember running around the neighborhood in teams collecting oddball stuff for some church youth group scavenger hunt?

Who cares?

Do you remember the doctor coming to the house when you were sick?

Medicine has advanced quite a bit since your day. Doctors needs a lot more than what they just have in a bag for proper diagnosis and treatment.

Do you remember milk deliveries?

Who cares? Go to the frigging grocery store.

Do you remember wearing you Scouting uniform to school and showing off you pen knife to the other kids?

Scouts still wear uniforms to school. I don't know why you think any kid needs to bring a knife to school.

Do you remember waking up on Saturday morning and riding to a friend's house on your bicycle and eating lunch there and then coming home at dinnertime after having a ball all day, and then going out again till is started to get dark?

Still happens.

Do you riding to the movie house with your friends on your bicycles and watching a Disney cartoon?

Still happens.

Do you remember watching Band Stand, Perry Mason and Rocky & Bullwinkle on TV?

Who cares? There are better shows on now.

Remember being able to watch any show on Television and not hear any cussing?

WAAAH! The word "shit" hurts my feefees! WAAAH!

Remember when none of the jars and bottles and tubes in the supermarket had safety seals?

I remember there being a lot of dead kids before they started mandating them. To include almost me as a child. And again, I'm a Millennial.

Remember when all the neighbors knew all the about all the other families and the kids all referred to the parents as MR. or MRS.?

Remember when most families could afford to by a brand new car about every 8 years or maybe less?

Interesting that you oppose modern day American Capitalism and want to return to an era when union membership was practically mandatory and the top income tax bracket was 90%.

Remember being able to ride in the rear of a pickup?

Again, lots of kids died before laws put a stop to that.

Remember going to a drive-in?

Drive-ins died out because video projection got cheaper, meaning a theater could have many screens instead of one. For the same acreage as a drive in, you could put up a metroplex with 6 screens and make 6 times as much money.

For that matter, drive-ins still exist. They just aren't common.

Remember being able to open a savings account about for one dollar?

Again, it's interesting to see you come out swinging against modern American Capitalism.

Remember being able to earn no less than one percent interest on that savings account?

Same.

Remember being able to send Christmas Cards for 4 cents?

Same.

Remember being able to send penny postcards for 1 cent?

Same.

Remember when you knew the name of your postman and likely the meat cutter at the grocery?

My postman delivers to a box a block from my house. Why would I know or even care what their name is? There's no reason you can't learn the name of the people who work the deli at your local supermarket.

Remember the stores washing their windows every few weeks?

Who cares?

Remember when all the stores decorated their windows for the holidays?

Still happens.

Remember when you heard the church bells ringing every Sunday morning?

WAAAAH! My religion doesn't get special treatment in a secular nation! WAAAAH!

Remember enjoying going to Vacation Bible School and being picked up by a bus, and how happy mom was to get you out of her hair for a couple of hours for a week each summer to some church that some neighbor recommended?

I would have refused to go to Vacation Bible School if my parents had made me go. If I had been forced, I would have made sure to get kicked out.

Remember being able to buy gas and not have to imagine that the price would be different from one day to the next?

If you're in your seventies, then the gas crisis would have happened when you were still fairly young. So you don't remember that time either.

Do you remember gas being full of lead and pumping out toxic fumes all around people?

Remember when they actually washed the windows on the auto for you?

Who cares? Get out of your car and do it yourself.

Remember not having to wait in line for gas but driving over a hose that rang a bell so the station attendant knew a car had come in for service?

Who cares? Get out of your car and do it yourself.

Remember when the dry cleaner went door to door to pick up the laundry?

Who cares?

Remember when everyone bought a Sunday Newspaper on Saturday evening and the comics were in color?

Why would I buy a newspaper when all the news I need is online for free? Same with comics.

Remember Friday Night being FAMILY NIGHT?

Still happens.

Remember when only old sailors had tattoos?

Why are tattoos bad things that only "those people" should have?

Remember when the most suggestive billboard was that promoting suntan lotion (with a little girl and the puppy)?

If you don't like it, get your church to buy up all the billboards. Its a capitalist enterprise. Do you not like capitalism?

Remember when everyone knew how to tell time without a digital readout?

Digital readouts are easier to read from further away. They can also be adjusted without having to physically go to them in a lot of cases.

Remember crossing toll bridges being always free on Special Holidays (Example: Christmas)?

Still happens in some places, but toll bridges are largely not a thing anymore.

Remember when a kid got hurt and no one made a Federal case out of it?

Depends on the injury. Some injuries deserve to be Federal cases.

Remember when Driver's Ed. was a part of the health class curriculum in high school.

It was a summer course when I went to High School and again, I'm a Millennial.

Remember when the most important thing was the safety of the automobile and not the emissions?

The emissions when you were a kid were literally poisoning people with fumes from leaded gasoline. Maybe they should have cared more about the emissions.

Remember being sent next door to borrow some milk, or an egg, or a cup of sugar for your mother?

Still happens.

Remember being asked to go (walk or ride the bike) to the store as a kid to buy bread by your mom?

Remember being sent to the mailbox down the street to mail something?

Still happens.

The history teachers are unable to talk about the religious revivals that affected the establishment of our Constitution. They cannot present how Christian revival affected the change toward slavery across both the UK and moved on to the US. The history teachers cannot present how religious considerations caused evangelicals to fight against the atheism of various communist nations.

Provide a source for this claim.

The science departments in public schools are unable to fully reveal or explore the good qualities surrounding creationism, nor encourage their students to do any reports on creationism nor creationists...

Creationism is not science, thus why it isn't allowed in science departments. It also has zero good qualities because at its core it is based on lying about evidence.

Rupert Murdoch

Don't need no video to answer those questions...no one created Him...He has no beginning or no end of existence...

"Now to the King of eternity, incorruptible, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen." 1 Timothy 1:17
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/li/r1/lp-e
So with what matters did God concern Himself with for that long eternity before He created everything?

So with what matters did God concern Himself with for that long eternity before He created everything?
We have no way of knowing since the Bible doesn't tell us...

Back
Top Bottom