• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Who controls the media?

Who controls the media?

• Liberals

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Center

Votes: 8 23.5%

• Total voters
simply put..
ABC=Disney=Very long time republican supporter
NBC=GE=War profiteer and longtime republican supporter
FOX=Murdock
CNN is no longer owned by Ted Turner
CBS=Viacom=democratic supporters
Moveon.org is not a new source.

Last time I talked to a Republican he told me all liberals were on welfare and Republicans owned all the corporations because they were smarter and more driven. So the idea that a liberal could control a media corp. is therefore out of the question.

If the media is liberally biased it's impossible to explain why they spent years talking about bad about Clinton everynight and have totally passed over the Jeff Gannon story and The Downing st. memo story. Even Jay Leno's opening joke the day of Bush's inauguration was a Clinton joke...

On top of that why did Reagan strike down the Fairness in Media act? If the media is so liberal why would a republican want to get rid of it? Why did Bush Sr. vote it down too?

Last edited:
I would have to say I think the Liberals control the media I mean I would have to say I think Fox is basically the only conservative network. I mean if you look at CBS with Dan Rather's report on the fake memo to the president saying that America was in danger of a terrorist attack before 9/11. Also I would have to say most of the news papers would be liberal biased.

I can sum it up in two words Dan Rather.

Dan Rather represents the entire U.S. media? Even after being "retired"? :rofl
Who owns what?

This is your first quote....

scottyz said:
Last time I talked to a Republican he told me all liberals were on welfare and Republicans owned all the corporations because they were smarter and more driven. So the idea that a liberal could control a media corp. is therefore out of the question.

And here comes another quote from you....

scottyz said:
Dan Rather represents the entire U.S. media? Even after being "retired"? Who owns what?

Although I find BOTH assumptions idiotic, I also find it pretty hypocritical that you won't believe one reporter represents the entire US media, but you will take for granted that a Liberal can't control a Media corporation based on the voice of one Republican.

My guess is because one arguement works for you, and one works against you, so you pick-and-choose points which best coincide with your viewpoints...even if they contradict themselves....

Care to clear up?

cnredd said:
This is your first quote....

And here comes another quote from you....

Although I find BOTH assumptions idiotic, I also find it pretty hypocritical that you won't believe one reporter represents the entire US media, but you will take for granted that a Liberal can't control a Media corporation based on the voice of one Republican.

My guess is because one arguement works for you, and one works against you, so you pick-and-choose points which best coincide with your viewpoints...even if they contradict themselves....

Care to clear up?
What's to clear up? what you said doesn't make any sense if you understood either post. The first assumption came from a Republican. Obviously it's not true that all democrats are on welfare and that none own corporations. The point is that you have republicans claiming all dems are on welfare and at the same time claiming they control the media. It can't be both.

scottyz said:
What's to clear up? what you said doesn't make any sense if you understood either post. The first assumption came from a Republican. Obviously it's not true that all democrats are on welfare and that none own corporations. The point is that you have republicans claiming all dems are on welfare and at the same time claiming they control the media. It can't be both.

I now see where the confusuion comes in...take a look at the second sentence...

scottyz said:

I am unclear as to who said that second sentence. Did the Republican say both sentences? Or did he just say the first and the second sentence is your belief justified by the Republican's first comment?

I see by your answer that the former seems to be the case instead of the latter, but you should be able to see how I thought that the second sentence was your reaction to the first sentence.

Big difference...

CanadianGuy said:
Who controls the media? Liberals or Conservatives? In Canada Liberals definatly do we only have 1 major station and it is so liberal. But in America I'm not sure with Fox though ABC and CNN are liberal.

Neither. The Jews control the media and everything else.

galenrox said:
lol, you know full ****ing well that if the jews controlled the media there would be an all "Everybody Loves Raymond" and "Seinfeld" channel!
Dude, you're just ridiculous!

No, the Jews are way too subtle. And, fyi, seinfeld and everybody loves raymond are extremely popular even though they aren't particularly talented. Hitler wrote about this.

Culturally he contaminates art, literature, the theater, makes a mockery of natural feeling, overthrows all concepts of beauty and sublimity, of the noble and the good, and instead drags men down into the sphere of his own base nature.

http://hitler.org/writings/Mein_Kampf/mkv1ch11.html

galenrox said:
don't bother with the Hitler quotes. I'm not gonna bother with reading them, cause he's full of ****.

Hitler had a lot more sense than you, you intellectually depraved nitwit. Hitler had an ingenius philosophy concerning history which basically was: Instead of knowing names and dates, seek the trends, and try to understand what is happening. Hitler saw a cycle. And this cycle is the jews slowly but surely creeping into a place and bringing the innocent aryan into his subjugation through usury and political rhetoric.

galenrox said:
right, so all of the jews I know are subjugating me. I'll run that by them. Hitler was a great public speaker, but he was a ****ing disgrace of a human being, and I really hope I'm right about there being a God right now for the sole purpose of him burning in hell.

Mein fuhrer was a better man then you'll ever be. He was an outstanding gentlemen, upheld traditional moral values, and could have brought the world into a golden age through nationalism. The Jews are a parasite of the human race, and Hitler explains it quite well in Mein kampf. However, you wish not to read such things. Therefore, remain blind. Just continue on in your life, and then, when you up to your eyeballs in debt because of rising interest rates and the decreasing value of a dollar, just remember what i said about the Jews.

Scholastic said:
Neither. The Jews control the media and everything else.

I control the media?! Crap! Why didn't I find out sooner?! Dude, I am totally getting my own show on the Comedy Channel.

Last edited:
vergiss said:
I control the media?! Crap! Why didn't I find out sooner?! Dude, I am totally getting my own show on the Comedy Channel.

Now, if you'll excuse me - I'm off to commit usary and eat the foreskins of gentile babies.

Yes, off with you. Continue on and torment the noble "goyim"

Fancy a bagel? I've got a few too many.

Plus, he only had one testicle and liked it when women urinated on him.

galenrox said:
normal moral values like MASS GENOCIDE! I don't know how you could even dare to call yourself a christian, or claim to know a ******* thing about traditional moral values! Hitler was a meth addicted murderer, and a terrible imitation of a human being, nothing more.

Murdering a jew? Isn't that a self contradiction? Life comes from Christ and from Christ alone. And we all know what they did to Christ. First they nail him to a cross. Then they refuse to believe in him. Then they try saying that he never existed.

Scholastic said:
Murdering a jew? Isn't that a self contradiction? Life comes from Christ and from Christ alone. And we all know what they did to Christ. First they nail him to a cross. Then they refuse to believe in him. Then they try saying that he never existed.

Oh, don't worry, Jesus "loves" me quite regularly, if you get my gist...

vergiss said:
Oh, don't worry, Jesus "loves" me quite regularly, if you get my gist...

Blasphemer! :madmad: You are a blasphemer, and through your own unbelief, you blasphem the holy spirit. And we all know what your law says about unbelief. You people made it dreadfully clear when Jesus, who spoke nothing but the truth, was wrongly accused of blasphemy.

Jesus said to him in reply, "You have said so. 35 But I tell you: From now on you will see 'the Son of Man seated at the right hand of the Power' and 'coming on the clouds of heaven.'"
Then the high priest tore his robes and said, "He has blasphemed! 36 What further need have we of witnesses? You have now heard the blasphemy;
what is your opinion?" They said in reply, "He deserves to die!"

Matthew 26:24

Go away, or I'll get Rupert Murdoch to poop on your head.

Scholastic said:
Hitler had a lot more sense than you, you intellectually depraved nitwit.
Moderator Gavel

:smash:

We're all about freedom of speech here, but let's keep the flaming and personal insults out of this forum. Thanks!

/Moderator Gavel

shuamort said:
Moderator Gavel

:smash:

We're all about freedom of speech here, but let's keep the flaming and personal insults out of this forum. Thanks!

/Moderator Gavel

He insulted Hitler!

galenrox said:
hitler sucks, and he was gay with Himler, I saw the videos.
Until he joins the forum, I can insult him all I please.

Hitler and Himmler were true Aryans. They were geniuses, they were true leaders. They did what should have veen done long ago. They unified a people to rise up against not only a couple countries, but against a culture that was ultimately depraved and against the good of the many. And you, sir, are a mockery to the Aryan race.

And my ancestor was kicking German arse in WWII.

Back
Top Bottom