• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who cares what bathroom can be used?

solletica

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Of all the things that transgendered individuals should care about, the specific bathroom that society allows them to use ought to the least important .

FACT: restroom use isn't supposed to be a significant component of a person's life--it's just supposed to be a place to relieve oneself quickly and leave :rolleyes:.

Yet legislators in right wing America are ejaculating all over themselves in a rush to pass hundreds of complex bathroom laws, as though this were the pressing issue of the day. And transgendered individuals are only exacerbating the problem by making a big deal out something of practically zero significance.

What the hell does it matter if a man or woman is only permitted to use a restroom with a particular symbol on it? Unless there's a shortage of restrooms in a public facility, it has a near-zero impact on a person's life.

Of course, ideally, there shouldn't even be segregated restrooms. As of today, the only justification for their existence is the mainstream public's silly, childish insecurities about humans of different biological genders relieving themselves in a closed area where there's a slightly increased likelihood of one or more of them have their erogenous areas exposed to someone else.

However, since that's the way it is currently, so be it. It still doesn't make sense for anyone, transgendered or otherwise, to raise a fist over it. Let's say you're transgendered--then, if some sexually insecure, right wing dolt has a problem w/the idea of you using a restroom of your opposite biological gender, that's his/her problem. But why should you care? After all, if you're above all that bigoted nonsense, then it shouldn't matter to you if you're using the restroom designated for your biological gender, right?

Sexually insecure, right wing dolt?

This is why these conversations are such a mess.

From the discussions so far, I have learned that women are apparently incapable of sexual violence.

The big push today for bathroom legislation is coming mostly from conservative lawmakers and their base.

They're making just as much an issue out of it as they made about allowing openly gay men/women to serve in the military, raising similar concerns.

The big push today for bathroom legislation is coming mostly from conservative lawmakers and their base.

They're making just as much an issue out of it as they made about allowing openly gay men/women to serve in the military, raising similar concerns.

If you want to win hearts and minds, spare the conversation insults.

This is all a bit different from SSM at that.

Of all the things that transgendered individuals should care about, the specific bathroom that society allows them to use ought to the least important .

FACT: restroom use isn't supposed to be a significant component of a person's life--it's just supposed to be a place to relieve oneself quickly and leave :rolleyes:.

Yet legislators in right wing America are ejaculating all over themselves in a rush to pass hundreds of complex bathroom laws, as though this were the pressing issue of the day. And transgendered individuals are only exacerbating the problem by making a big deal out something of practically zero significance.

What the hell does it matter if a man or woman is only permitted to use a restroom with a particular symbol on it? Unless there's a shortage of restrooms in a public facility, it has a near-zero impact on a person's life.

Of course, ideally, there shouldn't even be segregated restrooms. As of today, the only justification for their existence is the mainstream public's silly, childish insecurities about humans of different biological genders relieving themselves in a closed area where there's a slightly increased likelihood of one or more of them have their erogenous areas exposed to someone else.

However, since that's the way it is currently, so be it. It still doesn't make sense for anyone, transgendered or otherwise, to raise a fist over it. Let's say you're transgendered--then, if some sexually insecure, right wing dolt has a problem w/the idea of you using a restroom of your opposite biological gender, that's his/her problem. But why should you care? After all, if you're above all that bigoted nonsense, then it shouldn't matter to you if you're using the restroom designated for your biological gender, right?

Dig deeper. Whenever the left makes something out of seemingly nothing, there's a hidden agenda. For example: Labor union contracts are often tied to the minimum wage. When unions cry for a higher minimum wage, they are feathering their own nest, not showing concern for the poor.

I'm laughing at this so far. Feminism has fermented into this and now those same feminists are stuck with some dude in a wig watching them pee. :lol:

We got there because the sexually confused and their advocates insisted on having this fight, because they were pretty sure it is one they can win, and they are likely right. They are coming after the gays, they long known for their massive gay pride parades, for flat out refusing to be civil, refusing to respect the opinion of anyone who did not agree with them.

But the sexually confused are not like gays in a lot of ways. One of them is the suicide rate. We might not being willing to do for one what we did for the other, with good reason. I dont think this concept is well known yet.

Was that the first post you've ever seen from that poster?

I'm waiting for the progressive conservative answer to this...."well...we obviously need to give wimmen guns so that they can pee while armed!"

Dig deeper. Whenever the left makes something out of seemingly nothing, there's a hidden agenda. For example: Labor union contracts are often tied to the minimum wage. When unions cry for a higher minimum wage, they are feathering their own nest, not showing concern for the poor.
I think it's simpler than that. This issue has struck at the heart of some people and that was the goal. It isn't an issue. We are talking about maybe 1 person in a thousand if even that. It isn't going to effect us in the least. This is a distraction.

Distraction from what?

This whole thing is so ****ing stupid.

It seems that many on the far right, and many on this board, are so unbelievably misguided that they cannot see the idiocy of their ways.

The notion being, that men could suddenly say they "felt like a woman" to sneak into a restaurant bathroom in a bid to sexually assault women and children, like he would be off the hook for it or something if he committed such a crime, is so mindbogglingly stupid it defies all imagination.

So by the stupidity of these people and the laws they have passed,

This person would need to use a mens bathroom:

JENNA-TALACKOVA-MISS-UNIVERSE-CANADA-TRANSGENDERED.jpg

And this person would have to use a womens bathroom:

chaz-bono-435.jpg

Tell me, does that make any ****ing sense at all?

Last edited:
This whole thing is so ****ing stupid.

It seems that many on the far right, and many on this board, are so unbelievably misguided that they cannot see the idiocy of their ways.

The notion being, that men could suddenly say they "felt like a woman" to sneak into a restaurant bathroom in a bid to sexually assault women and children, like he would be off the hook for it or something if he committed such a crime, is so mindbogglingly stupid it defies all imagination.

So by the stupidity of these people and the laws they have passed,

This person would need to use a mens bathroom:

And this person would have to use a womens bathroom:

Tell me, does that make any ****ing sense at all?

Your post caused me to think of my conservative Christians despise trans-genderism so much: tampering with God's handiwork. God made male and God made female: People are playing God by attempting to tamper with God's decision of which gender to assign a person.

Your post caused me to think of my conservative Christians despise trans-genderism so much: tampering with God's handiwork. God made male and God made female: People are playing God by attempting to tamper with God's decision of which gender to assign a person.

Even if we accept that as true (and I certainly don't) it is no business of yours.

Period.

You don't see the blatant hypocrisy in your own statements do you?

I'm waiting for the progressive conservative answer to this...."well...we obviously need to give wimmen guns so that they can pee while armed!"

I support restroom RKBA.

There, now I'm a progressive conservative (assuming it was never an oxymoron).

It should not matter at all. Unfortunately, we have been led to believe, usually by "liberals", that women are weak and unable to stand up for themselves and writher away when confronted by "harassment", or simply maleness and deserve their "safe place" in bathrooms where they can find freedom. For years I have been hearing this type of thing. And suddenly, and apparently, there is no need for this safe place. This change seems odd considering all this talk about safe places and how bad males act around women but I guess this is the new way.

But I am not going to get to angry with those how don't adopt to this change quickly. We should allow time for people to change without going all hateful against them.

Weird how this stuff happens. It reminds me of how we went from being so concerned about harassment during the Clarence Thomas hearings to the Clinton era idea that, hey, sexual relations in the workplace are no big deal and there is nothing wrong with dropping your pants and asking for a BJ at work.
Give people time to adapt.

Restrooms??? No big deal. Most have stalls/dividers to maintain a reasonable level of privacy. Showers and locker rooms are a different story... I don't want anyone's daughter being faced with some guy's junk in the locker room at the local pool, just because he thinks that his rights are more important than taking the responsibility to help keep our children safe. Even if it's simply preventing a small % of risk form increasing an even smaller amount. If someone has to be uncomfortable once in a while to reduce the risk of some pervert going into an opposite sex locker room and ogling the kids there, then so be it. Take the responsibility that comes with being part of a society and deal with it.

My state made laws on this. We have had numerous occasions where full on men are exposing themselves in front of young girls, and cops can't do anything about it. I think this is so wrong and dangerous. What happened to privacy? If they are so dang determined to use a different restroom, they should make a separate one just for them.

That is simply not true. The laws you are seeing written today are in response to local legislation and court ordered pushes to allow any of the 58 different gender types to do whatever they want and to legislate acceptance and normalcy. And at the end of the day, the concern is NOT about true 'transgendered' men using womens bathrooms. The concern is about the number of people that will exploit those new laws. And we have seen an ever increasing number of THOSE cases. At worst...the conservative laws being passed are a response to poorly conceived and poorly planed 'inclusion' acts that others believe will put women and children at risk...NOT because of the .03% of the people that might truly need the laws but because of the scumbags that will exploit them. They dont want THIS guy in the womens room...
crossdresser.jpg

My state made laws on this. We have had numerous occasions where full on men are exposing themselves in front of young girls, and cops can't do anything about it. I think this is so wrong and dangerous. What happened to privacy? If they are so dang determined to use a different restroom, they should make a separate one just for them.

Uhh, dude, it's illegal to expose yourself to a young girl even if you're legally allowed to be in the bathroom.

That is simply not true. The laws you are seeing written today are in response to local legislation and court ordered pushes to allow any of the 58 different gender types to do whatever they want and to legislate acceptance and normalcy. And at the end of the day, the concern is NOT about true 'transgendered' men using womens bathrooms. The concern is about the number of people that will exploit those new laws. And we have seen an ever increasing number of THOSE cases. At worst...the conservative laws being passed are a response to poorly conceived and poorly planed 'inclusion' acts that others believe will put women and children at risk...NOT because of the .03% of the people that might truly need the laws but because of the scumbags that will exploit them. They dont want THIS guy in the womens room...
View attachment 67200602

Exploit the new laws to do what?

Sexually assault someone? That's already illegal. Peeping toms? Also illegal.

You think rapists are stopped by signs? I suppose you think bank robbers are stopped by "no guns allowed" signs too.

Back
Top Bottom