• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who betrayed Navy SEAL Team 6?

APACHERAT

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Who betrayed Navy SEAL Team 6? It's a no brainer, the Obama administration by spiking the football for political gain after Admiral McRaven ordered Navy SEAL's to go in and take out Osama bin Laden.

It wasn't Obama or even Leon Pennetta who issued the order. After Obama ordered Navy SEAL's to stand down three times (leaks from the Obama White House say it was Valerie Jarrett who convince Obama to order the stand downs.) the mission was finally dropped on Adm. McRavens lap.

But it was President Obama, V.P. Biden and all of the leaks from the Obama White House for political gain that would lead to the death of 22 sailors from SEAL Team 6 and nine American soldiers.

Loose lips just don't sink ships, they also get Chinook helicopters shot down. But loose lips do seem to have helped Obama get reelected.

>"What really happened to Navy SEAL Team 6? In August 2011, the elite special forces unit suffered the worst battlefield calamity in its history. A Taliban fighter shot down a Chinook helicopter carrying 22 Navy SEAL Team 6 members in Afghanistan. All 38 persons on board — the Navy SEAL warriors, other U.S. military personnel and seven Afghan soldiers — were killed. Grieving family members have been demanding answers. They may now get some as Congress finally opens an investigation.

Navy SEAL Team 6 has attained international prominence for one reason: They were responsible for killing Osama bin Laden. They are American heroes. Yet, their own government betrayed them. Several days after the bin Laden operation, Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. — in a pathetic attempt to spike the football and gloat — publicly revealed their central role in the raid. His revelations put a giant target on the backs of every Navy SEAL Team 6 member. A covert unit, whose mission is to operate in the murky shadows, was exposed as the group that eliminated al Qaeda’s chief mastermind. Mr. Biden’s reckless actions — followed by President Obama’s own words acknowledging the secret unit’s operation — jeopardized the Navy SEALs’ safety. Jihadists bent on revenge began an intense manhunt. The hunters now became the hunted.

Upon hearing of Mr. Biden’s disclosure, SEAL members were stunned. Many of them immediately contacted family members, warning them to eradicate all personal information from social-media sites. Aaron Vaughn, one of the SEALs eventually killed in the ambush, told his mother, Karen Vaughn, to delete every reference to SEAL Team 6 from her Facebook and Twitter accounts..."<

Continue: KUHNER: Who betrayed Navy SEAL Team 6? - Washington Times

Who betrayed Navy SEAL Team 6? It's a no brainer, the Obama administration by spiking the football for political gain after Admiral McRaven ordered Navy SEAL's to go in and take out Osama bin Laden.

It wasn't Obama or even Leon Pennetta who issued the order. After Obama ordered Navy SEAL's to stand down three times (leaks from the Obama White House say it was Valerie Jarrett who convince Obama to order the stand downs.) the mission was finally dropped on Adm. McRavens lap.

But it was President Obama, V.P. Biden and all of the leaks from the Obama White House for political gain that would lead to the death of 22 sailors from SEAL Team 6 and nine American soldiers.

Loose lips just don't sink ships, they also get Chinook helicopters shot down. But loose lips do seem to have helped Obama get reelected.

>"What really happened to Navy SEAL Team 6? In August 2011, the elite special forces unit suffered the worst battlefield calamity in its history. A Taliban fighter shot down a Chinook helicopter carrying 22 Navy SEAL Team 6 members in Afghanistan. All 38 persons on board — the Navy SEAL warriors, other U.S. military personnel and seven Afghan soldiers — were killed. Grieving family members have been demanding answers. They may now get some as Congress finally opens an investigation.

Navy SEAL Team 6 has attained international prominence for one reason: They were responsible for killing Osama bin Laden. They are American heroes. Yet, their own government betrayed them. Several days after the bin Laden operation, Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. — in a pathetic attempt to spike the football and gloat — publicly revealed their central role in the raid. His revelations put a giant target on the backs of every Navy SEAL Team 6 member. A covert unit, whose mission is to operate in the murky shadows, was exposed as the group that eliminated al Qaeda’s chief mastermind. Mr. Biden’s reckless actions — followed by President Obama’s own words acknowledging the secret unit’s operation — jeopardized the Navy SEALs’ safety. Jihadists bent on revenge began an intense manhunt. The hunters now became the hunted.

Upon hearing of Mr. Biden’s disclosure, SEAL members were stunned. Many of them immediately contacted family members, warning them to eradicate all personal information from social-media sites. Aaron Vaughn, one of the SEALs eventually killed in the ambush, told his mother, Karen Vaughn, to delete every reference to SEAL Team 6 from her Facebook and Twitter accounts..."<

So we are now admitting that the squad that killed bin laden have been themselves killed??

I just want to make sure so that I can now discuss this issue outside the "conspiracy zone".

Until then, how many people fit in a chinook helicopter? And How many were in the helicopter when it was "shot down"?

When dealing with an elite group like that, I'm sure there's only a limited number of people that would be aware of their mission specifics.

Beyond that, From the information I had come across, this article only covers about half of the issue.

I don't know if you know but Special Operations members have always been a special target of the enemy, and so has shooting down helicopters.

Also a critical piece of data is missing, did the guy who shot down the helicopter know who was on board? What information shows that the enemy knew who was on this helicopter and specifically targetted it for that reason?

I thought this incident was odd from the get-go. Sure, helicopters get shot down in War Zones, but a flying death machine full of one of the most clandestine military assets raises red flags, particularly after this clandestine team wiped out Osama bin Laden. There may be error on our side, but I'm more inclined to believe that this incident was blowback. And if someone is looking to point the finger of culpability, I'd suggest pointing it the Pakistani I.S.I. They certainly had motive. Or, this incident could be the highest profiled case of Green-on-Blue. The Taliban has a whole network of insiders in the Afghan forces.

I thought this incident was odd from the get-go. Sure, helicopters get shot down in War Zones, but a flying death machine full of one of the most clandestine military assets raises red flags, particularly after this clandestine team wiped out Osama bin Laden. There may be error on our side, but I'm more inclined to believe that this incident was blowback. And if someone is looking to point the finger of culpability, I'd suggest pointing it the Pakistani I.S.I. They certainly had motive. Or, this incident could be the highest profiled case of Green-on-Blue. The Taliban has a whole network of insiders in the Afghan forces.

A flying death machine? Not exactly how I'd describe a cargo aircraft with, at most, light weapons.

A flying death machine? Not exactly how I'd describe a cargo aircraft with, at most, light weapons.

Wasn't how I describing or thinking about it. Helicopters are dangerous, man. But, there again, I've got an issue with heights and things that sometimes randomly crash and kill everyone on board.

Edit: Add in the fact of a helicopters weakness to ground fire and overall lack of evasive maneuvering.

Chinooks can famously have nasty gearbox moments where the rotor blades start chopping each other up, when they do indeed turn into flying death machines.

So we are now admitting that the squad that killed bin laden have been themselves killed?
DEVGRU (Seal Team Six) is apportioned into seven squadrons, four of which are assault squadrons. ST-6 assault squadrons operate on a rotating basis of off-line/training/stand-by/primary. Abbottabad was a ST-6 Red Squadron operation. The Chinook incident in Afghanistan involved members of ST-6 Gold Squadron. Most assault squadron members of Seal Team Six are older with a vast wealth of experience. It will require almost a generation to adequately replace the accumulated knowledge of those lost in the Chinook disaster.

The direct answer to your question as I understand it is probably not. It is highly unlikely that any of the ST-6 Afghanistan dead were present in Abbottabad.

So we are now admitting that the squad that killed bin laden have been themselves killed??

I just want to make sure so that I can now discuss this issue outside the "conspiracy zone".

Until then, how many people fit in a chinook helicopter? And How many were in the helicopter when it was "shot down"?

When dealing with an elite group like that, I'm sure there's only a limited number of people that would be aware of their mission specifics.

Beyond that, From the information I had come across, this article only covers about half of the issue.

Do not quite know what you are really asking there as I think it had been pretty much acknowledged that the team that got bin Laden had been killed.

Would be interested in this other information you have come across of which the "article only covers about half of the issue". Also, I think the implication is that the Obama Admin, and especially Biden, is way out of its league and does not really know how to professionally conduct their offices.

I think he meant a flying death machine for the people inside, which I totally and completely agree with. Chinooks are terrible, terrible helicopters.

Wasn't how I describing or thinking about it. Helicopters are dangerous, man. But, there again, I've got an issue with heights and things that sometimes randomly crash and kill everyone on board.

Edit: Add in the fact of a helicopters weakness to ground fire and overall lack of evasive maneuvering.

I think he meant a flying death machine for the people inside, which I totally and completely agree with. Chinooks are terrible, terrible helicopters.

I misunderstood your meaning, my mistake.

Not sure just how clandestine the Seal Team 6 which has been pointed out is a fairly large organization- members OF Seal Team 6 killed Obama, MOST members were NOT involved and the Al- Queera/taliwhackers know this, even if our online 'X-Spurts' don't. I say not sure how clandestine because the OP's whine post claims a Seal Team 6 member's FAMILY has posted the fact he is a team member on FACEBOOK!!!! :shock:

Seems at least some members of the 'most clandestine' military asset are taking a bow for the work of a few in the larger unit. :roll:

Now a word about Chinooks-

I was a grunt back in the day of hueys and sh**hooks. They have soldiered on for a LOOOONG ass time. A young lady who graduated from my high school a few years after me (with my sister) flew them all her military career and ended up commanding a squadron, first person without a penis to do so. I hated them as being an awfully big target compared to the Huey. She was of the opinion it flies faster/higher/ with twin engines and she'd much rather drive on of those than a Huey/Blackhawk.

To each their own I reckon.

I'd say ANY elite unit, and they do stand out when out and about, is a target as most likely is being shadowed by the bad guys.

It is very sad so many were lost in a single aircraft but I see the attempt of a few to besmirch their deaths by using them as a political football as deplorable.

This really makes me stop and think.

First, it makes me stop and think as to whether or not Navy SEAL Team 6 has specific insignia that identifies them as such. That answer is "yes":

seal-team-6.jpg

Then it led me to ask, "Why would President Obama identify SEAL Team 6 as the operatives?" The answer there is, "He didn't." At least according to this:

President Barack Obama later confirmed the death of bin Laden, but did not directly mention the involvement of DEVGRU, saying only that a "small team" of Americans undertook the operation to bring down bin Laden.

United States Navy SEALs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And, finally, how common is it that elite forces not on mission travel together? Professional basketball teams don't even do that. *shrug*

People act like no one knew of DEVGRU prior to POTUS' comments; they've been known to exist for decades.. Marcinko has written a few books on them going back to the 1990s..move to the conspiracy thread...

First, it makes me stop and think as to whether or not Navy SEAL Team 6 has specific insignia that identifies them as such. That answer is "yes":

View attachment 67151848

Maggie,

Operators do not wear this or any other patch on their uniforms; they operate clandestinely and without any identifiable markings.

View attachment 67151848

Maggie,

Oh and btw that logo is no longer active as Seal Team 6 was officially disbanded in the late 1980s; their successor is DEVGRU which absorbed ST6's assets.

Who betrayed Seal Team 6?

The usual culprits--elected and appointed political figures. Same people who betrayed Pat Tillman and Valerie Plame, John Lindh and Bradley Manning.

Who betrayed Seal Team 6?

The usual culprits--elected and appointed political figures. Same people who betrayed Pat Tillman and Valerie Plame, John Lindh and Bradley Manning.

So Lindh was a hero to you??? LMFAOL

The existence of SEAL Team six (aka DEVGRU) has always been public knowledge. They're ALWAYS targets simply by nature of their work, regardless of whether they took down bin Laden or not. And when a Taliban fighter sees a US-made helicopter he's gonna shoot no matter who's on it, if he even knows which unit is on it.

The implication in the article that somehow these guys were betrayed is simply asinine and devoid of logic and evidence of why the Washington Times is only good for sports coverage and not much else.

Last edited:
Simpleχity;1062167572 said:
DEVGRU (Seal Team Six) is apportioned into seven squadrons, four of which are assault squadrons. ST-6 assault squadrons operate on a rotating basis of off-line/training/stand-by/primary. Abbottabad was a ST-6 Red Squadron operation. The Chinook incident in Afghanistan involved members of ST-6 Gold Squadron. Most assault squadron members of Seal Team Six are older with a vast wealth of experience. It will require almost a generation to adequately replace the accumulated knowledge of those lost in the Chinook disaster.

The direct answer to your question as I understand it is probably not. It is highly unlikely that any of the ST-6 Afghanistan dead were present in Abbottabad.

Yes, but the first "leaks" were that it was the people involved in the bin laden raid...

That the Chinook helicopter had been overloaded with people for the mission they were on, and that "the attack" had been precise to the point where whoever set it up had to have had mission specific information.

I can't really say much about the rest since I really don't know much about the military, and even less about st6, beyond that they are on a whole other level.

So Lindh was a hero to you??? LMFAOL

You don't understand english too well. Nowhere did I call him a hero. I said he was betrayed.

He was a young man in search of enlightenment, nothing more, and nothing sinister. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time, that's it. Ask the female lawyer who saw Lindh--he was wounded, and treated worse than Manning.

You don't understand english too well. Nowhere did I call him a hero. I said he was betrayed.

He was a young man in search of enlightenment, nothing more, and nothing sinister. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time, that's it. Ask the female lawyer who saw Lindh--he was wounded, and treated worse than Manning.

How the hell was he betrayed? He joined forces with the Taliban; heck, he participated in the uprising at Qala-i-jangi in which Mike Spann was killed.

Wrong place, wrong time? F that- total BS. He was treated like any other enemy combatant; in fact, once he finally said he was an American his standard of care increased (he first claimed to be Irish) An army Operator even have him his cot to sleep in. WTF world are you in?

I say F Lindh, that POS should rot in hell with Mannning; maybe they'll be butt-buddies LMFAOL

Hey BmanMcfly :2wave:

I believe most of your questions have already been answered above.

The Washington Times article is a poorly written article, high school journalism. But it's an opinion piece not a news story. You have to go to the last paragraph, Congress will be holding hearings on this incident because there are to many unanswered questions. It seems to be the norm with the Obama administration.

It's obvious that President Obama ignored the military chain of command and politicized the death of Bin Laden for political gain. By his administration gloating and spiking the football, they revealed classified information over the next few days that would endanger American special operations for decades.

The night Obama came out on national television to announce that a special operations mission was conducted and Bin Laden was dead, I said wait a minute, why are you Mr. President reporting this before the after action reports haven't even worked their way up the chain of command ?

The American people found out that this mission took place in Pakistan at the same time the Pakistan government found out !

And the American people and also Al QAEDA don't need to know the SOP on how Navy SEAL's clear a building but the Obama administration informed the world.

Back to the chain of command. The public should have been informed after the SEAL's "after action reports" had worked it's way up the chain of command and reached Admiral McRavens desk. It should have been Admiral McRaven's command who told the American public that Bin Laden was dead, not Obama. That's how the chain of command works.

When Allied forces invaded Europe on Normandy beaches was it President Roosevelt who announced it ? No, there's a chain of command and it was Allied HQ's in London who announced.

When Germany surrendered during WW ll was it President Truman who announced it ? No, again it was Allied Command.

When we nuked Japan this was a good thing and maybe a bad thing. Since the buck always stopped at Truman's desk he announced that we nuked Japan.

A few days later Japan surrendered, was it Truman who announced it ? No.

When the Marines barracks was blown up in Lebanon, this was bad news. The buck stopped at Reagan's desk and he announced it on television and took full responsibility.

The current administration ignores the chain of command. Everything is politicized. If something good happens, Obama takes to the air waves and claims credit.
If something bads happens, either we are lied too, kept in the dark or Obama blames Bush.

How the hell was he betrayed? He joined forces with the Taliban; heck, he participated in the uprising at Qala-i-jangi in which Mike Spann was killed.

Wrong place, wrong time? F that- total BS. He was treated like any other enemy combatant; in fact, once he finally said he was an American his standard of care increased (he first claimed to be Irish) An army Operator even have him his cot to sleep in. WTF world are you in?

I say F Lindh, that POS should rot in hell with Mannning; maybe they'll be butt-buddies LMFAOL

No, he didn't join forces with the Taliban. He joined forces with one of the many Afghan (or was it Pakistani?) war lords that populate the area. Just like the US does.

Now a word about Chinooks-

I was a grunt back in the day of hueys and sh**hooks. They have soldiered on for a LOOOONG ass time. A young lady who graduated from my high school a few years after me (with my sister) flew them all her military career and ended up commanding a squadron, first person without a penis to do so. I hated them as being an awfully big target compared to the Huey. She was of the opinion it flies faster/higher/ with twin engines and she'd much rather drive on of those than a Huey/Blackhawk.

To each their own I reckon.

To add to the conversation on the Army's Chinooks, I believe that the Chinook that was shot down wasn't a CH-47 but a MH-47, a Chinook designed and produced for special operation missions, heavily armed with door gunners, refuelable in the air and ground following radar.

But the MH-47 Chinook is the only helicopter in America's inventory except maybe for the Marines CH-53 Sea Stallion that are able to operate in the high altitude mountains of Afghanistan. The Army Black Hawks, Apaches, Marine's Cobras and CH-46 Sea Knights can't operate at such high altitudes in the Afghan mountains.

This was why during the Bush administration that Boeing reopened the CH-47 production lines because the Army needed more MH-47's for Afghanistan and Congress agreed and appropriated the money.

The Marines CH-53 Sea Stallion the largest U.S. helicopter is used for cargo hauling not as an assault helicopter. The Marines assault helicopter is the CH-46 Sea Knight which the Army's CH-47 is based upon except the Chinook is a lot larger capable of carrying twice as many troops.
The CH-46 is being replaced by the V-22 Osprey.

The Marines CH-53 was once used as an assault helicopter during the Iraq war. The Marines didn't want too but the Army needed assault helicopters for the rescue of PFC Jessica Lynch and the only thing available at the time were Marine CH-53's.
Anyone familiar with the CH-53, you can punch holes in the fuselage skin with a pencil.

Back
Top Bottom