• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who are your favorite political pundits?

Airyaman

New Druid
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Right now, my favorites are (in no order):

* Charlie Sykes - Charlie was big in WI prior to Trump's election, but not so big on the national scene. That has changed a bit since then, even though he gave up his radio job. Very reasonable, very level headed.
* Michael Steele - former RNC chairman. Honestly, back in the "day", I thought he was not "conservative" enough, but I've appreciated his commentary these last few years. I hate that they got rid of Steele & Unger on POTUS (XM).
* Malcolm Nance - Malcolm brings good knowledge on intelligence, particularly as it relates to foreign aggression.
* Matthew Miller - no specifics, just like his commentary on TV and Twitter
* Steve Schmidt - Steve has been a no-holds barred NeverTrumper, and while he seems a little on edge, I rarely find myself disagreeing with his commentary. Probably a bit too neo-con for my tastes though.
* Rick Wilson - #ETTD, 'Nuff said.
* Joyce Vance - She makes my state proud, very good legal commentary on a plethora of issues
* Scott Lincicome - he is my favorite Twitter guru on trade

That is a partial list, and does not cover a large handful of political reporters I like (who I do not consider pundits) such as Betsy Woodruff, Daniel Dale, Robert Costa, Heidi Przybyla, Natasha Bertrand, etc.

So who are your favorite political pundits?

Right now, my favorites are (in no order):

* Charlie Sykes - Charlie was big in WI prior to Trump's election, but not so big on the national scene. That has changed a bit since then, even though he gave up his radio job. Very reasonable, very level headed.
* Michael Steele - former RNC chairman. Honestly, back in the "day", I thought he was not "conservative" enough, but I've appreciated his commentary these last few years. I hate that they got rid of Steele & Unger on POTUS (XM).
* Malcolm Nance - Malcolm brings good knowledge on intelligence, particularly as it relates to foreign aggression.
* Matthew Miller - no specifics, just like his commentary on TV and Twitter
* Steve Schmidt - Steve has been a no-holds barred NeverTrumper, and while he seems a little on edge, I rarely find myself disagreeing with his commentary. Probably a bit too neo-con for my tastes though.
* Rick Wilson - #ETTD, 'Nuff said.
* Joyce Vance - She makes my state proud, very good legal commentary on a plethora of issues
* Scott Lincicome - he is my favorite Twitter guru on trade

That is a partial list, and does not cover a large handful of political reporters I like (who I do not consider pundits) such as Betsy Woodruff, Daniel Dale, Robert Costa, Heidi Przybyla, Natasha Bertrand, etc.

So who are your favorite political pundits?

Sam Seder, Michael Brooks, Cenk Uygur, Michael Shure, and Chris Wallace

Sam Seder, Michael Brooks, Cenk Uygur, Michael Shure, and Chris Wallace

I thoroughly enjoyed Wallace shredding Sanders over her lies a few nights ago. Wallace did his homework and called her out. You could actually watch Sanders deflate and wish for a hole to open and swallow her up.

I thoroughly enjoyed Wallace shredding Sanders over her lies a few nights ago. Wallace did his homework and called her out. You could actually watch Sanders deflate and wish for a hole to open and swallow her up.

He's my favorite cable news pundit of the Trump era.

Wallace and Shep are two bright spots over at Fox.

He seems to be the fairest. MSNBC is too doom and gloom, if you ask me. Morning Joe can make some strong points but, he can also be hyperbolic.

Chris Wallace comes across as no-nonsense, let's get to the truth, sort of style of interviewing and reporting.

He seems to be the fairest. MSNBC is too doom and gloom, if you ask me. Morning Joe can make some strong points but, he can also be hyperbolic.

Chris Wallace comes across as no-nonsense, let's get to the truth, sort of style of interviewing and reporting.

I watched Wallace on the Bill Maher show a few weeks ago. You described him exactly. He is jounalist first and foremost.

Might have to check Wallace out now. I went on a Fox News boycott since they went heavy on Trump. I used to watch The Five (before Jesse Watters, what an idiot) and Chris Wallace on Sundays. Heck, I used to watch Hannity from time to time.

I really enjoyed listening to Charles Krauthhammer even though I didn't agree with all his views; He was articulate and well thought out.

Might have to check Wallace out now. I went on a Fox News boycott since they went heavy on Trump. I used to watch The Five (before Jesse Watters, what an idiot) and Chris Wallace on Sundays. Heck, I used to watch Hannity from time to time.

Ol Slap Head Hannity

I can feel my IQ lowering a few points watching that one

Remember Hannity and Combs? That was long before Fox News went all in for the Republicans. I used to watch that one on occasion.

I like Rick Wilson and Steve Schmidt. I also like Malcolm Nance, and I have a ridiculous nerd crush on Clint Watts. If we are talking TV talking heads, I like Nicholle Wallace. I like that she's a Bush girl, so she is objective. I also like Rachel Maddow, and Chris Hayes, and Katy Tur.

I like Rick Wilson and Steve Schmidt. I also like Malcolm Nance, and I have a ridiculous nerd crush on Clint Watts. If we are talking TV talking heads, I like Nicholle Wallace. I like that she's a Bush girl, so she is objective. I also like Rachel Maddow, and Chris Hayes, and Katy Tur.

Forgot Clint Watts!

None.

Well, what do we mean? I don't take my conclusions anywhere. If comedian John Oliver counts on his comedy show, him, but the wife and I have disagreed quite a few times.

I get news from print of one kind or another, paper or digital. I don't want sound effects and I most certainly do not want my rate of consumption modified by the producer.

Back
Top Bottom