• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who Are we at War With? Well, That's Classified

shrubnose

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
I'll bet that you think that you have a right to know who the USA is at war with,eh?
Well, you don't, because it's classified.

Learn about it here: Who Are We at War With? Well, That

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

It seems lately we've been at war with everybody.

I'll bet that you think that you have a right to know who the USA is at war with,eh?

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

If King Barrack is authorized to enforce/implement the laws passed by congress (e.g. immigration and PPACA) as he sees fit then why not extend that power to the use of military force as he sees fit? Fighting a war against an "ideology" rather than a nation/territory is a tricky business indeed, yet quite profitable for those that know how to get gov't cash tossed their way in the process.

'King Barrack"? Really, that's the best you can do? The last time I checked he'd been elected by popular vote not once but twice. I understand how devastating this is to somebody from Texas, but that's the truth. Still, it does help put your post into the correct perspective.

If
King Barrack
is authorized to enforce/implement the laws passed by congress (e.g. immigration and PPACA) as he sees fit then why not extend that power to the use of military force as he sees fit? Fighting a war against an "ideology" rather than a nation/territory is a tricky business indeed, yet quite profitable for those that know how to get gov't cash tossed their way in the process.

Anyone who isn't happy with President Obama, who was elected by the majority of the American people twice, should try to put their choice in the White House.

"Better day's are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

'King Barrack"? Really, that's the best you can do? The last time I checked he'd been elected by popular vote not once but twice. I understand how devastating this is to somebody from Texas, but that's the truth. Still, it does help put your post into the correct perspective.

Can't help it if Americans only pay attention at the polls and not the rest of the time :shrug:

That being said, Congress is the only body that can declare war, that being said, if Congress declares war, it should be public record. I think we have a right to know who our men and women are fighting. National Security? Well they also stash all of our phone records in the name of national security..........

America is at war mostly with itself. We are doing more damage as citizens than any other country could do to us. And this makes our enemies happy. I think that will just continue to sit back and watch the show go on.

Anyone who isn't happy with President Obama, who was elected by the majority of the American people twice, should try to put their choice in the White House.

"Better day's are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

In the mean time King Barrack has a popular mandate to enforce the law as he sees fit?

So any POTUS may now pick and choose which federal laws are enforced, delaying/ignoring any that may cause their party trouble in the upcomming elections? Last time that I checked the executive had no choice in what laws would be enforced or to ammend the timetable stated in the law.

Various countries in Africa, Pakistan, Yemen and Afghanistan.

So any POTUS may now pick and choose which federal laws are enforced, delaying/ignoring any that may cause their party trouble in the upcomming elections? Last time that I checked the executive had no choice in what laws would be enforced or to ammend the timetable stated in the law.

You need to take a few political science/American history classes. None of which, of course, addresses your 'King Barrack' label. Look, we get that those of you on the far Right hate the man. You ought to at least give him credit for being democratically elected, albeit by those Yankees and minorities who don't count for much with you folks.

Can't help it if Americans only pay attention at the polls and not the rest of the time :shrug:

That being said, Congress is the only body that can declare war, that being said, if Congress declares war, it should be public record. I think we have a right to know who our men and women are fighting. National Security? Well they also stash all of our phone records in the name of national security..........

God, not this old chestnut again. Did Reagan get a declaration of war when he invaded Grenada? Or sent troops to Lebanon to be blown up? But that's different, right?

God, not this old chestnut again. Did Reagan get a declaration of war when he invaded Grenada? Or sent troops to Lebanon to be blown up? But that's different, right?

No actually I don't think that is different. I bet you are shocked on that one aren't ya? ;)

In the mean time King Barrack has a popular mandate to enforce the law as he sees fit?

Unfortunately, for some people, that is correct.

But only until he is replaced by another Democrat in 2017.

POTUS doesn't get elected by popular vote.

You need to take a few political science/American history classes. None of which, of course, addresses your 'King Barrack' label. Look, we get that those of you on the far Right hate the man. You ought to at least give him credit for being democratically elected, albeit by those Yankees and minorities who don't count for much with you folks.

We don't hate him. We oppose his agenda.

I prefer to call him Gunslinger Barack. Better image, ya know? ;)

We don't hate him. We oppose his agenda.

Absolute BS. You hate the man. The Far Right has loathed him since before he was elected and have now become irrational on the subject.

POTUS doesn't get elected by popular vote.

Actually, you are correct (See Gore, Al). However, he did win by substantial margins in the popular vote and the electoral vote in two elections. All of the whining in the world doesn't change that fact.

Absolute BS. You hate the man. The Far Right has loathed him since before he was elected and have now become irrational on the subject.

So, if he was white, we would love his policies? Can you possbly imagine how absolutely silly you sound?

Actually, you are correct (See Gore, Al). However, he did win by substantial margins in the popular vote and the electoral vote in two elections. All of the whining in the world doesn't change that fact.

Gore lost the election, after the Libbo media tried to rig it in his favor. Grow up and get over it.

well, the smart folks won't need this explained... but other folks obviously do.

the "King" Barack label comes from the President actively and purposefully circumventing the legislature in order to enact his agenda.

it doesn't matter what party the guy is in.. the color of skin means even less than nothing.... it's a "title" based on his actions.

We are only at "War" with North Korea, we have a ceasefire agreement but thats all. We have troops in various areas as Military foward deployed locations but not at war with the people that we are 'fighting/protecting/watching/etc'. This however is nothing new we have sent troops to other places to enforce our intrests all over the world from 1805 foward. (the Marines got sent to fight the Barbary Priates, that gave us the "...to the shores of Tripoli." part of the Marines Hymn)

I'm not sure if you do not understand what you read, or if you deliberately misrepresent what you read...but the article was clear about who we are at war with: "Al Qaeda, the Taliban, and their associated forces."

Now...in regard to who any particular target is at any particular moment in that war...yes...they won't tell every tom, dick and harry who asks. That operational information IS classified.

So, tell me shrubnose, DID you not understand what you read? Or did you only misrepresent what you read?

Back
Top Bottom