• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who Are the Spiders ?

Mira

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Question to the mods.

I recently checked "who's online" and noticed that apart from the members and the guests there were about 50 names ending with "spider" reading posts ?
Who are they ?

Question to the mods.

I recently checked "who's online" and noticed that apart from the members and the guests there were about 50 names ending with "spider" reading posts ?
Who are they ?
A search engine spider is a program (bot) that crawls the web. It harvests web page information and links. This information is later indexed and stored in the search engine database. This method is how most search engines collect the web information (data/links) that is displayed when you visit their portal and conduct a search.

A search engine spider is a program (bot) that crawls the web. It harvests web page information and links. This information is later indexed and stored in the search engine database. This method is how most search engines collect the web information (data/links) that is displayed when you visit their portal and conduct a search.

Thank you Tashah.

I understand internet a little less every day :doh

Here's an example.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPEfV1xeKrA"]YouTube- The Empress of the Racnoss.[/ame]

Back
Top Bottom